No reason, just because

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our season is over, we came up short, there is plenty of review and work to be done...... but this video just makes me happy so I'm posting it just because......

#proudtobeabulldog

I have no doubt the issues will be addressed, we always do. This proud club I'm a privileged fan of has always overcome and been the leading light for other poor suffering fans of other clubs. We are the Bulldogs, down some of where we want to be, but far from out... the NRL is irrelevant without us (its not like we get the rough end of the pineapple on most things for nothing. Other fans, media, and the brain dead NRL don't love to hate clubs that don't matter).

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No reason, Just because : sounds exactly like why Tolman hits it up on the 4th inside the redzone
First responding post a grumpy grandpa post........ was it too soon to suggest the sky might not be falling?

I expected by response 5 it would become the obligatory fire Des, or Castle talk like every single other thread, or one of the other handful of topics we're stuck repeating, but maybe I was aiming to high :laughing:

(Ironic to be as a forum demanding Des change tactics if we can't as a forum change topics ever don't you think? *Sung too the tune of Ironic by Alanis Morissette* - fun side note, almost nothing used as a example in that song is actually a case of irony)

Last edited:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After that performance you'd think we'd never lose there. Currently 1 win 3 losses.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First responding post a grumpy grandpa post........ was it too soon to suggest the sky might not be falling?

I expected by response 5 it would become the obligatory fire Des, or Castle talk like every single other thread, or one of the other handful of topics we're stuck repeating, but maybe I was aiming to high :laughing:

(Ironic to be as a forum demanding Des change tactics if we can't as a forum change topics ever don't you think? *Sung too the tune of Ironic by Alanis Morissette* - fun side note, almost nothing used as a example in that song is actually a case of irony)
After that Storm game in 2015 you posted im sure we all thought Belmore would become our fortress ( I did anyway).. All our games at Belmore since have been nothing short of embarrassing ..

But its impossible for our fans not to watch that clip and not feel anything... Hopefully we see more of it next year, I think we will if Foran comes

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
still a proud doggies man over here, cant help but think if we had missed out on the 8 it might have been better for us in the long run

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think all of us real fans have an unwavering love for the club, it's just excruciatingly painfull to watch us stuttering our way through another season where were never a chance of challenging for the title.

Perhaps the two gf's recently have made us feel that we're entitled to expect a title imminently, but the truth in my opinion is that our squad has been severely weakened by poor recruitment choices. This has been exacerbated by structures and game plans which don't suit neither our roster nor the modern state of the game.

Finally, this is an entertainment sport, and in that context we play an extremely boring brand of football. I can honestly say that I enjoyed two of our games this season, pathetic overall quite frankly.

We have grown accustomed to a particular brand from our beloved club, tough, resilient and spirited football. I haven't felt those characteristics in our performances since Ennis left, and it feels with every season we drift further and further away.

If this isn't addressed quickly, I fear that the legacy of the teams that have laced up for Canterbury in the last will be lost. And what a tragedy that would be. This is more than just a footy club, the real supporters know what I'm talking about, it runs through our blue and white veins.

Give us our club back.

Reactions: GDR

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
None of this would have happened if we just SACK HASLER,SACK RAELENE, SACK THE BOARD and SACK MOST THE TEAM and COACHING STAFF

There.......... took till the eighth post but we got there

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly think that every player has to be committed to the guy lining up next to him for them to threaten for a title and in a few cases this year it seems like at least two players treated this like it was just a job.

I'm so glad that T-Rex is gone since he's never shown passion in our jersey. I think that Hoppa also shows that his passion lies elsewhere. I'd honestly prefer to see Chase Stanley play half a game and be out injured than to have someone there who is simply rearming a wage.

Love him or hate him Josh Reynolds has the passion. Micheal Ennis also had it. Before captaincy burdened him I'd have said Graham also had it.

The most sad thing for me this year was to see so many people rubbishing our club from their armchairs. We have issues on field without doubt, but if we aren't united in supporting the team, then you can't blame them for not giving a shit either.

I'm still proud to be a Bulldog who cheers even if the team is playing boring football or is lacking the ability to dominate. Self belief is a strange thing for sportsman and in most cases I think that if others believe in you that you can more readily convince yourself that you are good enough. The opposite is also true. If you only hear from the naysayers then its easy to believe you won't amount to anything.

Last edited:

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good positive post, shame we gotta have the same negative shit afterwards as usual.
if ya don't have something positive to say after reading it don't fucken post.
I've been negative on here too but just for once are we are allowed to have a fucken feel good without someone shooting us down

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved being there for this, it was an awesome moment.

Pretty sad we have not won there since though!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I'll reserve on #proudtobeabulldog. That's a Raelene creation. When she leaves she can take that with her. I'm not so sure anymore that I identify with the club as I did some years ago. Although we have started playing matches at our spiritual home ground, the Bulldogs spirit and core beliefs are divorced from our current playing roster.

This club is now more concerned about how it is perceived in the media. Anyone who has supported this club over the past 20 years will know that the idea that our image and perception in the media can be improved is illusory.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our season is over, we came up short, there is plenty of review and work to be done...... but this video just makes me happy so I'm posting it just because......

#proudtobeabulldog

I have no doubt the issues will be addressed, we always do. This proud club I'm a privileged fan of has always overcome and been the leading light for other poor suffering fans of other clubs. We are the Bulldogs, down some of where we want to be, but far from out... the NRL is irrelevant without us (its not like we get the rough end of the pineapple on most things for nothing. Other fans, media, and the brain dead NRL don't love to hate clubs that don't matter).
Ahh. Good memories of years past after an otherwise gloomy season 2016.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We should be singing this song now but .......................fuck des lol

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
None of this would have happened if we just SACK HASLER,SACK RAELENE, SACK THE BOARD and SACK MOST THE TEAM and COACHING STAFF

There.......... took till the eighth post but we got there
And that would leave who in charge?

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And that would leave who in charge?
I was only responding to Ahecee's post as a bit of fun... but when you think of it...would it matter who is in charge..they could not do much worse could we?

Status
Not open for further replies.