No one should be dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope none of the players get dropped to reserve grade. They don't deserve to go play in a team that is going well and bring their shit form to it. Hope they all keep getting picked and get whipped every game while the reggies get to the finals and push for the title

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think the players care if they are picked or not to be honest

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should all search for the funniest news articles like mbye wanting one million a season or des haslers top 4 clause

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, there's no threat of anyone getting dropped ever under the Des regime

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des is still on a million and didn't have an 80 minute defensive structure, Montoya and Lee were shit out wide again.
I don't care if we are out of the eight, it would be nice to wear our Doggy shit with a bit of respect.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope none of the players get dropped to reserve grade. They don't deserve to go play in a team that is going well and bring their shit form to it. Hope they all keep getting picked and get whipped every game while the reggies get to the finals and push for the title
None of the reserve graders deserve to have to play under Des. I wouldnt do it to them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no point dropping anyone now. The ISP team is hitting its straps and all it does is lose any momentum they have by changing players and bringing the toxic NRL team culture down to ISP.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des is still on a million and didn't have an 80 minute defensive structure, Montoya and Lee were shit out wide again.
I don't care if we are out of the eight, it would be nice to wear our Doggy shit with a bit of respect.
Montoya is the one shinning light. He cant be blamed for shithouse reads by inside players.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a long time fan..over 40 years. I have never been so embarrassed or ashamed to be a Canterbury supporter. Never. Sure there have been some bad teams over the years, but you had the feeling they were trying. They just lacked a few great players to make team better. I will never watch another Bulldogs game , you may as well watch a replay of a game from 8 weeks ago, as every game is the same. BORING. EFFORTLESS. HEARTLESS. Why not pick the same team every week? What a disgrace. No structure, no attack, no defense. The team looks like they have never played together before. At least 8 of that team needs to be put 0n a bus and driven to an RSL club and just let them sit there and eat. Use the same bus to go out into the bush and find some young guys with hear and spirit who want to play and give them a go. Bulldogs are on TV every Thursday or Friday...great guys embarrass your loyal supports on national TV. I got through that without swearing...but The BULLDOGS can get f#cked I am just waiting for the NFL to start so I can stop seeing this pathetic team on TV every week.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am a long time fan..over 40 years. I have never been so embarrassed or ashamed to be a Canterbury supporter. Never. Sure there have been some bad teams over the years, but you had the feeling they were trying. They just lacked a few great players to make team better. I will never watch another Bulldogs game , you may as well watch a replay of a game from 8 weeks ago, as every game is the same. BORING. EFFORTLESS. HEARTLESS. Why not pick the same team every week? What a disgrace. No structure, no attack, no defense. The team looks like they have never played together before. At least 8 of that team needs to be put 0n a bus and driven to an RSL club and just let them sit there and eat. Use the same bus to go out into the bush and find some young guys with hear and spirit who want to play and give them a go. Bulldogs are on TV every Thursday or Friday...great guys embarrass your loyal supports on national TV. I got through that without swearing...but The BULLDOGS can get f#cked I am just waiting for the NFL to start so I can stop seeing this pathetic team on TV every week.
I always thought we should pick players from the Canterbury bankstown area first and foremost.. Weren't most of the players in the great eras born n bred in the Canterbury bankstown area?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I always thought we should pick players from the Canterbury bankstown area first and foremost.. Weren't most of the players in the great eras born n bred in the Canterbury bankstown area?
No
You are going way to far back
To be honest
Our finest years were 80s and to a lesser degree 90s where players like today were recruited from all over

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No
You are going way to far back
To be honest
Our finest years were 80s and to a lesser degree 90s where players like today were recruited from all over
I was referring to Terry lamb, Steve Mortimer even sbw.. All had heart n soul like Josh Reynolds and played for pride not money

Malla

Reaction score
Sad reality is dropping to reserve grade doesn't effect them anymore because clearly they are not playing for pride, they're playing for $$.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was referring to Terry lamb, Steve Mortimer even sbw.. All had heart n soul like Josh Reynolds and played for pride not money
Ok
Terry lamb was a local boy who started his profession football career with the magpies

Steve Mortimer was recruited from Wagga after he tore the bulldogs to shreds in some shitty little side comp thing they had going back in the day

Sbw was recruited from New Zealand and was only at the dogs to get his start and left soon as a better offer was made.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok
Terry lamb was a local boy who started his profession football career with the magpies

Steve Mortimer was recruited from Wagga after he tore the bulldogs to shreds in some shitty little side comp thing they had going back in the day

Sbw was recruited from New Zealand and was only at the dogs to get his start and left soon as a better offer was made.
Hmm thanks :grinning:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm thanks :grinning:
I did get the point you were making

Thing is, other that a few individuals over the years, not since the 30s and 40s has the bulldogs teams been made up from local talent.

The truth is
The difference between then and up until the 90s, players were paid in accordance to results

They all had jobs

And footy was played for the love and a bit of extra coin

They had contracts where they would earn a weekly pay depended on results

If they won they got a better pay than if they lost was how it worked

Same system still applies today in most local comps

So it was in their better interest to perform to get the better pay rate

Today, they are paid in accordance with their negotiated salary win lose or draw

So the monitory insentive to perform as an individual has diminished.

And with player movement due to salary cap these days, players don't really develop that love for a club like we saw pre 90s

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I did get the point you were making

Thing is, other that a few individuals over the years, not since the 30s and 40s has the bulldogs teams been made up from local talent.

The truth is
The difference between then and up until the 90s, players were paid in accordance to results

They all had jobs

And footy was played for the love and a bit of extra coin

They had contracts where they would earn a weekly pay depended on results

If they won they got a better pay than if they lost was how it worked

Same system still applies today in most local comps

So it was in their better interest to perform to get the better pay rate

Today, they are paid in accordance with their negotiated salary win lose or draw

So the monitory insentive to perform as an individual has diminished.

And with player movement due to salary cap these days, players don't really develop that love for a club like we saw pre 90s
That is pretty interesting, so back in the day the pay was based on actual performance as a team nowadays it's individually based..

Our team would be having beans on toast everyday if that was the case now

Status
Not open for further replies.