NO MORE $BW

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s one money hungry **** true he can fuck off but I wonder how the roosters are still under the salary cap and can afford him seriously the nrl should have a very good look at them .

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s one money hungry c*** true he can fuck off but I wonder how the roosters are still under the salary cap and can afford him seriously the nrl should have a very good look at them .
They still have $88million which puts some pressure on their cap but apparently they'll manage.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s almost time for him to retire and than finally that’s when the trauma will be fully put to bed. Until then he will always be hanging around us

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can't wait to see him have one last hurrah in the NRL, unlike many others I'm not butt hurt and holding onto something that happened over a decade ago.
He was forgiven like many others before him who deserted this club (Pay, Dymock, Smith, McCracken) when he publicly apologised many times now for the way he departed our club. As fans, we need to come to the realisation and accept that this is a business to players and nothing less. There's no loyalty. it's a business.
Agree with this except the last hurrah part :grinning:

At the time it was a low act and kicked us when we were down. He has apologised but that doesn't help. His reputation will go down as one of the most versatile NZ athletes of all time but his reputation is sullied with Bulldogs fans forever. Thats on him.

I celebrate his playing career with us and accept that his decision was a cowards act to our club and his supporters. End of his story and legacy with us.

His return to NRL and Rorters was just another mercenary story and rorting of the sc system from then on and will continue in to phase 3 of his NRL career.

He will be older and will probably come right back to the field and not be able to compete as the $BW of old or take the same punishment in defence as younger ratbags like Nathan Brown and Taraq Sims take him on. I will get some enjoyment looking on to see how that pans out and I suspect Toronto are hoping so as well so he can't continue on with that ridiculous contract. Good luck to him :grinning:

mickdee

Waterboy
Reaction score
All you guy’s bagging SBW,get ur facts right go call Andrew hill and lyn Anderson and ask them y they rejected him from cumin back and playing with the bulldogs.hes only signing with the chooks coz our fucked up club rejected him

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The best SBW thread I've seen in years, people just need to get over him, he's not coming back to redeem himself.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All you guy’s bagging SBW,get ur facts right go call Andrew hill and lyn Anderson and ask them y they rejected him from cumin back and playing with the bulldogs.hes only signing with the chooks coz our fucked up club rejected him
Well done to the club

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Interesting avatar, seven07. Did you know that the real Al Swearingen was run over and killed by a train? Odd ending for a saloon owner in Deadwood.
And this is how he finished up on the show. His last line a bewdy lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And this is how he finished up on the show. His last line a bewdy lol

Anyone wondering why they used Walzing Matilda ...this is all I could come up with.

"In one of the early episodes Al was asked by an Englishmen whether he came from the home land (or something like that). His answer was yes, via a stop in Australia. He said something disparaging about Australia that it was a shithole or something like that. This leads me to believe that he was a convict. This would make sense considering Australia was colonised in 1788 and convicts stopped being transported to Australia in 1868. Deadwood is set in 1870’s and the movie has a sign on the Main Street saying 1889. Al upon death one would assume was 60’s to 70’s so would be of perfect age to be a POHM. Waltzing Matilda is a song written by Australia’s most famous poet, Banjo Patterson in 1895 and is about a bloke who steals sheep and is chased by the police ultimately commuting suicide to avoid being arrested. It is a very famous and preferred song as the unofficial national anthem in Australia. So yes, it is a song out of time but is instantly recognisable. As an Australian, seeing the end of deadwood paying homage to an Englishmen who was an obvious rogue criminal made a hell of a lot of sense that he was an Australian convict and waltzing Matilda the perfect ending imho".

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cant think how getting in a 35 year old has been for a cameo appearance is going to help any club.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Don't all nrl contract need to be close to market value. Sure the denied folau signing with parra for this reason. But sbw can sign with roosters for 300k. Surely theyl pull this up

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't all nrl contract need to be close to market value. Sure the denied folau signing with parra for this reason. But sbw can sign with roosters for 300k. Surely theyl pull this up
They’ll argue that he’s only playing a quarter of the year and that $300k is market price.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Interesting avatar, seven07. Did you know that the real Al Swearingen was run over and killed by a train? Odd ending for a saloon owner in Deadwood.
Did you know he was born into an orphanage, and at the time of his saloon he was making $10000, a Day back in the late 1700s which equals to $200000 to $300000 a day in today’s money not bad aye for a bloke that was born into an orphanage huh.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please no more 12 years we’ve been copping it from this bloke just put him in the trash and move on. We bend over for him and he bends over for politis. Enough we took him out of the he’ll hole he was at, we fed him, gave him a place to stay, trained him, thousands of hours of training, for what so he can go on a midnight express and piss of to the cocks.

I’m glad he’s going to the cocks because it takes a cock to play for the cocks. Stop dreaming it ain’t gonna happen. He should never be allowed next to the club ever again hope to never see you again, see ya later and F**k Off.
I am fucking fuming with that Sunny Bill Fuckwit C#@T, what a fucking hyde that fuckwit's got, After all we did for that bastard & her walked out on us Like a thief in the night & every time the dickhead played against us he gave it his all & would always score a couple of trys for his beloved Roosters who rubbed our noses in it, so we forgave him and gave him a life Membership & acknowledged him as one of our greatest players at our club, Now The Mercenary money Hungary piece of shit comes back striate to the Roosters, what a fucking joke How the hell could those cheating C%*TS possibly not be under the salary cap and still have money left to buy this disloyal, uneducated piece of garbage , and the fucking Joke of the NRL are bending over backwards & Jumping through hoopes to rushing him back to the Roosters so that the ass wipe can claim another premiership to his list of phony achievements just like his disgraceful farce of boxing matches. This Prick should not be playing Rugby League again after he broke his contract and walked away to join union instead it's our club that gets punished again Just like CHN these Dick with ears break the rules so we do the right thing according to NRL regulations Then the NRL reinstates them makes it look like the club is to blame and rewards them by letting them choose where they want to play and for how much money they demand, and our club is left holding the bag. When he rejoins the Roosters it will be the greatest & most blatant Salary Cap breach of all time with The Board of the NRL right behind it & so add him to the Multi Million dollar star studded team they already have and no need to have a whole season of competition just give them the trophy now and let them choke on it. Fuck NRL the salary cap has really evened up the Competition. WHAT A JOKE.

Reactions: Jam

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't wait to see him have one last hurrah in the NRL, unlike many others I'm not butt hurt and holding onto something that happened over a decade ago.
He was forgiven like many others before him who deserted this club (Pay, Dymock, Smith, McCracken) when he publicly apologised many times now for the way he departed our club. As fans, we need to come to the realisation and accept that this is a business to players and nothing less. There's no loyalty. it's a business.

Shut the fkup up you flop

can’t believe your comparing what he did to others that left Hahahaha

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant think how getting in a 35 year old has been for a cameo appearance is going to help any club.
Agree absolutely no point at all,
I’d rather let one of our development players have a run in the top grade.
Just to gain some experience.
I totally lost respect for SBW a long time ago to be honest and would not want to see him in our colours ever again.