No matter what - Remember where we came from

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This whole final series, this smile has not evaded me. We have rode this huge wave of emotion leading to this spot here. And I have come to realize something - that no matter what, come after the final siren on Friday night - im going to be the proudest I ever have been for my club.

Last year was a disaster. No need to remind anyone of that - but lets recap just quickly. Player walkouts, off field dramas, alcohol related incidents, 39 players used throughout the season, the blooding of several potential stars early, the smashings and of course, the wooden spoon. The list goes on.

Fast forward a year - and I have one question to all of you. Who? Who can do what we just did? This club was built on spirit, guts, and determination. And its these bonds that we have shared that got us this far.

Dont get me wrong though. That little disappointment will seep in knowing that we may have been one game short of the Grand Final. But come 930 pm on Friday night, im walking out of that stadium with my head held high knowing that our boys came this far, in such a short amount of time.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
well said Joey!!

also it doesnt hurt knowing we finished on top of the dragons either :p

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well said and great points made JayBee and I'm sure plenty of us will feel that way on reflection. I mean, we all feel so proud now but if there were to be a disappointment on Friday (and tbh I don't even want to contemplate it) then there would still be a fair while where all of us were inconsolable and besides ourselves because we had such a great opportunity and these opportunites don't come along all too often. Especially in this day and age of the NRL and the salary cap. And a loss to Parra would hurt even more.

But as you said, no matter what we've had a brilliant year, the turnaround both on and off the field has been remarkable and like you said, probably no other club could bounce back as quickly from the mess we were in just one season.

Lets just hope we're even prouder and have even fonder memories should we win it all.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hence my last paragraph.

Of course i would be dissapointed. But i can tell you now - it wont be as bad as the 2006 loss. You couldnt speak to me for 2 weeks after that, cause i expected us to go far. That feeling was in the air, or so i thought it was, like 2004.

We have come so far- and I think we can still go all the way, even though the bookies are about to put us as least favourite to win the comp. But from the slums to this. Im proud no matter the results.

That and we got further than certain team.... :P

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im proud of the results so far, but i still expect

MikeG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry dude...won't be able to take a loss to the parrascum well at all...I'll be in the doldrums if we lose

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I said well said and i know that it is a MASSIVE change on last year but we should just not be content and happy to be here. We deserve to be here and we have the right to go all the way, we have been so consistent throughout the year and now that we are hear our tradition and culture should expect nothing else but a GF victory.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
GREAT GREAT thread!

I didn't even think we would make the 8! This year has been incredible. Ofcourse bowing out at the hands of Parra would disappoint each and every one of us, but looking at the bigger picture, the turnaround of this great club has been incredible.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hence my last paragraph.

Of course i would be dissapointed. But i can tell you now - it wont be as bad as the 2006 loss. You couldnt speak to me for 2 weeks after that, cause i expected us to go far. That feeling was in the air, or so i thought it was, like 2004.

We have come so far- and I think we can still go all the way, even though the bookies are about to put us as least favourite to win the comp. But from the slums to this. Im proud no matter the results.

That and we got further than certain team.... :P
But the thing is now, despite the fact that barely anyone expected us to get this far in the preseason, we are expected to do well because we have amazingly transformed into such a good team. We came 2nd and should have been minor premiers.

The deeper you get into the finals the more it hurts when you lose. Regardless or where you came from. It'd hurt less I guess if we were completely unexpected to win on Friday or had little chance. But that couldn't be further from the truth.

I see what you're saying and agree to an extent. Like I said, on reflection we'll all feel what you're saying. But it would take a little while until after the dust settles for those views to sink in.

Still, lets not even talk about the mere possibility of a loss! We'll win on Friday and then win the GF! :grinning:

D

dogs_4 lyf

totally agree with you mate, well said.

But All my life I aim to achieve the highest possible and the fact is as a fan we can be proud of what we have achieved but being who I am, I want a premiership and anything short of that will leave me really really gutted. Like I said its a great feeling knowing you support this great club but once your in the position to win something, being a Canterbury supporter you will always aim to the top. ;)

Lets hope we can cap off one of the most remarkable turn rounds in the world, let alone NRL.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
totally agree with you mate, well said.

But All my life I aim to achieve the highest possible and the fact is as a fan we can be proud of what we have achieved but being who I am, I want a premiership and anything short of that will leave me really really gutted. Like I said its a great feeling knowing you support this great club but once your in the position to win something, being a Canterbury supporter you will always aim to the top. ;)

Lets hope we can cap off one of the most remarkable turn rounds in the world, let alone NRL.
Exactly what i said, i agree with every word.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
very well said mate :grinning:

but i do hope that we do go to the GF....but even if we dont i will be very proud of the boys and the amazing turn around :grinning:

Dogs_fan_4lyf

PriiNc3ss :)
Reaction score
110% agree..i sed this in another thread that nobody evn us the fans were expecting this massive turnaround so we should jst relax and live the moment..:grinning:
win or lose this is the best club eva !!! <3

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry dude...won't be able to take a loss to the parrascum well at all...I'll be in the doldrums if we lose
Same here. Nothing but a GF win will do from here on.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Joey well said man. Excellent post.

We have nothing to be ashamed of come that final siren on Friday night with a loss. But let's hope it's a win :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.