No Hair cut for you......

• Thread starter Alexander the Great
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I read this an article on this story on one of the major news sites (just can;t recall which one), and in the comments, some people were claiming that they were different qualifications and therefore a barber is prohibited by law to cut a female's hair. That seems a bit far fetched to me TBH.
Just the headline. (Nearly 2 years ago)

New training means barbers can cut their teeth for men, not women

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...n/news-story/bdde8cf2e65f31288604d4f3ff4d3748

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When I used to go to the barber's it was my sanctuary. Talked about cars, chicks and sport. 4 hours later walked out relaxed lol
You forgot to say: no homo. I understand you are talking abut women, but it's whilst a dude is rubbing some of body parts against yours....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You forgot to say: no homo. I understand you are talking abut women, but it's whilst a dude is rubbing some of body parts against yours....
Bahahahahaha touche! Lucky there was a chair between him and Ilol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't it better refusing then messing up the little girls hair?
I had no idea the alleged skills were so different between a man and a woman (but am now learning through this thread). A mate of mine has really long hair - would this mean a barber who did the quick course couldn't cut it?. Could he or she cut a woman's hair who did it short like a lot of men?

Are mens and womens' heads that different?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I had no idea the alleged skills were so different between a man and a woman (but am now learning through this thread). A mate of mine has really long hair - would this mean a barber who did the quick course couldn't cut it?. Could he or she cut a woman's hair who did it short like a lot of men?

I know most salons can cut men's hair too but don't know if the barber studied female styles.

But in this LBGQTIABC day and age, I guess a chick can cut her hair in a men's style.

If I were the barber I'd just admit I don't know women's styling and point her to the nearest salon

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like a made up viral marketing attempt to get more business.

Else it would name the woman.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Hairdressers cannot cut men's hair. They fuck it up over and over again.

I'll go to a barber all the time

The problem now is there aren't many barbers around because some men don't give a shit and go to hairdressers to gets simple haircut thereby cutting business to barbers, hence less barbers around

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hairdressers cannot cut men's hair. They fuck it up over and over again.

I'll go to a barber all the time

The problem now is there aren't many barbers around because some men don't give a shit and go to hairdressers to gets simple haircut thereby cutting business to barbers, hence less barbers around
Not many barbers around?

Well, the old guys that used to be in the dodgy strip malls and our the back of the local menswear stores with the barber poles and smelling of bryllcream (sp?) are disappearing, but, in their place, there has been an explosion of those poncy places in Westfields, full of poncy blokes with designer stubble, and with even poncier names like Jimmy Rods, so they now get to charge $40 for what used to cost less than half that. And every time I go to these joints, I walk away feeling a bit ripped off. There is the old school barber not far from my place that charges $20, but I find him too chatty.

I would say there are more barber shops around than there has ever been - there must be half a dozen in my local shipping centre alone (albeit my local shopping centre is the biggest one in QLD :grinning: ).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I had that. Got my hair cut at the barber when I had long hair. Said to just take about 1cm off the end. He cut it short. Pretty much a short bowl hair cut. I said, "wow, you're really bad at this. Screw it, just shave the whole thing off"

A

Alexander the Great

I had that. Got my hair cut at the barber when I had long hair. Said to just take about 1cm off the end. He cut it short. Pretty much a short bowl hair cut. I said, "wow, you're really bad at this. Screw it, just shave the whole thing off"
Thats fucked.. what a **** rash of a moment..

I once had a barber clean my side burns up to the point i had none.. He shaved my sideburns off.. Fucking ridiculous having to walk around with none for about 3 weeks

Completely fucked my shit up...
images-33.jpg

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not many barbers around?

Well, the old guys that used to be in the dodgy strip malls and our the back of the local menswear stores with the barber poles and smelling of bryllcream (sp?) are disappearing, but, in their place, there has been an explosion of those poncy places in Westfields, full of poncy blokes with designer stubble, and with even poncier names like Jimmy Rods, so they now get to charge $40 for what used to cost less than half that. And every time I go to these joints, I walk away feeling a bit ripped off. There is the old school barber not far from my place that charges $20, but I find him too chatty.

I would say there are more barber shops around than there has ever been - there must be half a dozen in my local shipping centre alone (albeit my local shopping centre is the biggest one in QLD :grinning: ).
Those new hipster "barbers" aren't barbers. Give me either the old school shit or the middle eastern barbers

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I got drunk and allowed my mate to give me a mullet with a checkerboard pattern on top in high school...wish I’d kept it tbh....

My auntie is a hair dresser and did my last cut for free (was over a year and a half now) so I guess I’m kinda screwing the barbers over Without thinking about it... but honestly most would be scared if I walked in with my bird’s nest. They wouldn’t know where to start :p

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does every single player in the nrl have a shaver shop shaved back and sides

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is why the strive for equality is useless.

At the end of the day libertarian values should dictate this scenario. The market itself. Let me explain;

If this barber refuses the girl haircut then he loses the client. He will lose other potential female clients (that he isn’t pursuing) and he limits his client base to 48 percent of the population.

This means the girls go elsewhere and enrich those businesses. It is up the business if he sacrifices that money stream.

His business will fail if he has made the Wong decision. If it succeeds, it is proof of what we all know, and that there is a niche market for men’s only haircuts. Otherwise he wouldn’t make a profit.

Same thing in Eastwood or Hurstville when dumb Asians have restaurants in only Chinese or Korean writing.

Whilst it annoys me to no end, it’s up to them if they want to say ‘no’ to 98% of the population who can’t read it, and they will wear the consequences regardless by the law of market principles.
I don’t speak Asian so I’ll go around the corner to where I can read the menu and the way I eat, that’s fifty bucks on me alone.
But I shouldn’t have the right to dictate and meddle in this Asians business.

-Nasheed

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I got drunk and allowed my mate to give me a mullet with a checkerboard pattern on top in high school...wish I’d kept it tbh....

My auntie is a hair dresser and did my last cut for free (was over a year and a half now) so I guess I’m kinda screwing the barbers over Without thinking about it... but honestly most would be scared if I walked in with my bird’s nest. They wouldn’t know where to start :p
Please tell me you have a pic of the mullet? Lol

A

Alexander the Great

This is why the strive for equality is useless.

At the end of the day libertarian values should dictate this scenario. The market itself. Let me explain;

If this barber refuses the girl haircut then he loses the client. He will lose other potential female clients (that he isn’t pursuing) and he limits his client base to 48 percent of the population.

This means the girls go elsewhere and enrich those businesses. It is up the business if he sacrifices that money stream.

His business will fail if he has made the Wong decision. If it succeeds, it is proof of what we all know, and that there is a niche market for men’s only haircuts. Otherwise he wouldn’t make a profit.

Same thing in Eastwood or Hurstville when dumb Asians have restaurants in only Chinese or Korean writing.

Whilst it annoys me to no end, it’s up to them if they want to say ‘no’ to 98% of the population who can’t read it, and they will wear the consequences regardless by the law of market principles.
I don’t speak Asian so I’ll go around the corner to where I can read the menu and the way I eat, that’s fifty bucks on me alone.
But I shouldn’t have the right to dictate and meddle in this Asians business.

-Nasheed
Sounds legit

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Please tell me you have a pic of the mullet? Lol
Haha I don’t sadly. Unfortunately (or fortunately) this was before the age of social media and phone cameras. It was pretty special. I only kept it for a day. Should have preserved it!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Basically, the guys refused to service her because he wasn't qualified to cut her hair. She might as well have asked a Marine Biologist to cut her daughters hair, because, like the barber, he's just as qualified.

This case will be LAUGHED OUT OF COURT, and the plaintiff will be humiliated in the process.

That's the price you pay for being a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.