No Changes vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
Actually, when thinking about it, Wini shouldn't have retained his spot. I don't know who could replace him, but that defense was unnacceptable and the Brisbane backline will eat him alive if he plays that sort of defense.

agree 100%........... lets hope he is not a speedbump this week.... we also need to dominate and get numbers in the tackle.......

the other point is the forwards need to make more metres than the backs this week

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only Aaron Groom and John Kite was in the side. They deserve to be there.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
aaron groom, are you kidding. he is crap players run over the top of him like speed humps. groom was awaste of cash for the dogs i think. he has done nothing. people were raving about him after seeing his video on youtube. yeah it was good but yeah it wasnt first grade he was doing it against.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
With lockyer and hodges returning and the broncos paying $1.10 we have no chance lol.

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
aaron groom, are you kidding. he is crap players run over the top of him like speed humps. groom was awaste of cash for the dogs i think. he has done nothing. people were raving about him after seeing his video on youtube. yeah it was good but yeah it wasnt first grade he was doing it against.
actually the only thing Groom has shown is that he can tackle... but not much else

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your saying you would rather have Holdsworth over Groom?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wont the Broncos feel sh1t if we beat them this week, that would make them the only club we have beaten in 3 months, and we did so twice lol.

H

Haztrick

Sorry dude, can't agree at all.

Rd 10: 23 tackles, 6 missed
Rd 13: 12 tackles, 3 missed
Rd 17: 15 tackles, 0 missed
Rd 20: 31 tackles, 3 missed
Rd 21: 32 tackles, 4 missed
Rd 22: 16 tackles, 2 missed

If you can remember or watch his FG debut for example against the Titans.. He chased down a player in the in goal and smashed him, getting us a goal line drop out.. He crunched Mark Minichiello twice, forcing the ball free both times.. He missed 6 tackles but that's really his only fault in any of his FG games and even 6 isn't as high as what some of our players have pulled. Even in the match he missed 6, Phelps missed 5 and he is regarded as a very good defensive center.

Some of his defence in his recent games are just awesome as well.. He was taking down Ryles one on one when we played the Dragqueens a few weeks ago as well as anyone else who ran at him. It was really impressive. His defence isn't an issue IMO, he is a great defender and has proven that the last few times he has been selected, especially when he plays hooker. He's only out of the squad now because of injury, and I doubt Kouparitsas would be there if Groom was fit. Just my opinion :grinning:

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
Sorry dude, can't agree at all.

Rd 10: 23 tackles, 6 missed
Rd 13: 12 tackles, 3 missed
Rd 17: 15 tackles, 0 missed
Rd 20: 31 tackles, 3 missed
Rd 21: 32 tackles, 4 missed
Rd 22: 16 tackles, 2 missed

If you can remember or watch his FG debut for example against the Titans.. He chased down a player in the in goal and smashed him, getting us a goal line drop out.. He crunched Mark Minichiello twice, forcing the ball free both times.. He missed 6 tackles but that's really his only fault in any of his FG games and even 6 isn't as high as what some of our players have pulled. Even in the match he missed 6, Phelps missed 5 and he is regarded as a very good defensive center.

Some of his defence in his recent games are just awesome as well.. He was taking down Ryles one on one when we played the Dragqueens a few weeks ago as well as anyone else who ran at him. It was really impressive. His defence isn't an issue IMO, he is a great defender and has proven that the last few times he has been selected, especially when he plays hooker. He's only out of the squad now because of injury, and I doubt Kouparitsas would be there if Groom was fit. Just my opinion :grinning:
I agree 100% haztrick..... groom has shown plenty in defense ..... but very little in attack.... but the team isnt going forward so that never helped his cause..... he will get a shot sooner or later

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im with you mate. what kind of fool thinks there should be no changes in the team. we continue to get farked up every week the team is schit house there has to be massive changes. dj gone wini gone koups gone moz gone hickey gone they are useless
replace them with?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only changes i would make is kite for morrin but he's injured, and barba for holdsworth but barba's already been given a stint in first grade, so im pretty happy with the side picked.
You wouldnt make the change then? Hes injured dud

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
grrrrrrr ****ing holdsworth...he is so sh!t get rid of the dud

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
groom just hadn't had time to show what he can do. he also doesn't have a good forward pack in front of him to help him in out. injury is not helping him out either. so i hope he gets time sooner or later.

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While it isn't the best team it is the best we could put on the field. You all suggest to drop players yet offer no alternatives as to who to replace them with. Face it this is as good as the side will get. If they can get their defense and attack right they may be in for a chance.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs by 2..im tipping an upset here!
that reminds me i need to do my tipping. cheers. could of got 100% last week but doggies lost :( hope we win this week.

Jay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Throw Danyan the cage fighter on to the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.