Nioxin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
It lacks volume, it is often too flat. It suits me more when it has volume, which is hard because my hair is thin.
I have this exact same problem, big time! As I get older the hair around my forehead keeps thinning so i always claim i'm going bald lol. I have the thinnest hair ever and its not very long so i hate straightening it because it makes my face look way too pudgy and it looks stupid cause it just sticks flat to my head. Here's what i recommend....

Buy some sea salt spray, i got mine from Toni and guy and it is the best! I couldnt live with out it! I get really self concious about the way i look and this really really helps. You put it in your hair and it will astound you at how much more volume it gives you and for some reason it stops really thin hair from getting greasy really quickly (which is something i get all the time)

Spray the sea salt spray onto your roots and the main hair mass but not your ends then blow dry it dry upside down and in sections. I also have NFI how to straighten my hair with a hairdryer but you shouldnt have to worry about using a brush because your hair is like mine and it should go straightish on its own from just the heat.

Then use your ghd but only start straightening your hair half way down your hair BUT do it almost as if your doing GHD curls. This will give your hair a really nice wave and it looks great if you have layers. I find that with my hair I only really have to do this with the hair around my face and i just leave the rest of my hair as its already straightish from the blow dry.

Please, please, please try and and let me know how it goes. If you dont want to buy sea salt spray just yet i'm happy to have you over mine and i'll do it for you... you'll look like a sex kitten with this hair babe trust me! :grinning:

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't think my hair can get any straighter - people sometimes mistake me for an Asian - I LOVE it.

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have this exact same problem, big time! As I get older the hair around my forehead keeps thinning so i always claim i'm going bald lol. I have the thinnest hair ever and its not very long so i hate straightening it because it makes my face look way too pudgy and it looks stupid cause it just sticks flat to my head. Here's what i recommend....

Buy some sea salt spray, i got mine from Toni and guy and it is the best! I couldnt live with out it! I get really self concious about the way i look and this really really helps. You put it in your hair and it will astound you at how much more volume it gives you and for some reason it stops really thin hair from getting greasy really quickly (which is something i get all the time)

Spray the sea salt spray onto your roots and the main hair mass but not your ends then blow dry it dry upside down and in sections. I also have NFI how to straighten my hair with a hairdryer but you shouldnt have to worry about using a brush because your hair is like mine and it should go straightish on its own from just the heat.

Then use your ghd but only start straightening your hair half way down your hair BUT do it almost as if your doing GHD curls. This will give your hair a really nice wave and it looks great if you have layers. I find that with my hair I only really have to do this with the hair around my face and i just leave the rest of my hair as its already straightish from the blow dry.

Please, please, please try and and let me know how it goes. If you dont want to buy sea salt spray just yet i'm happy to have you over mine and i'll do it for you... you'll look like a sex kitten with this hair babe trust me! :grinning:
Thanks heaps jorgie, you took ur time to write that all for me too :love:

ill buy the sea salt and try that...My hair gets really oily quickly too...

Just gotta work out where to get it from lol.. I will try it once i buy but not sure when thatll be. Also on that note, your hair always looks gorgeous :grinning:

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Price Attack - they normally have a good selection of hair care stuff.

Actually - if you live near Bankstown - there's a hair care shop there that is REALLY good. It's opposite Ella Rouge - I think it's called Discount Hair Care.

That shop is the ONLY place I have found that stocks the treatment I use that makes my hair so so so shiny.

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Try Price Attack - they normally have a good selection of hair care stuff.

Actually - if you live near Bankstown - there's a hair care shop there that is REALLY good. It's opposite Ella Rouge - I think it's called Discount Hair Care.

That shop is the ONLY place I have found that stocks the treatment I use that makes my hair so so so shiny.
awesome i know which one

thanks just me :grinning:

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
okay so i went to that place in bankstown and he suggested this other product. Said for my hair itd be better than the sea salt. Saw it being used in front of me on a customer, looked to have worked?

ill try it when i get the chance.

Its 'Sienna: Creative Control'

::JuSt-BLaZe::

`ashley.
Reaction score
i takes me almost an hour to straighten my hair coz its so curly. its so hard to manage, but i take good care of it.

but i actually prefer my hair curly coz i cant give me hair any volume when its straightened and it just doesnt suit my face.

plus, my hair is kind of like, my signature. guys seem to like my hair better when its curly for some reason too, nfi why?

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay so i went to that place in bankstown and he suggested this other product. Said for my hair itd be better than the sea salt. Saw it being used in front of me on a customer, looked to have worked?

ill try it when i get the chance.

Its 'Sienna: Creative Control'
Sienna is a good brand - they only use natural ingredients. That dude in there is good as well - everything he recommends for my hair works! He sounds a bit sleazy but he's ok.

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sienna is a good brand - they only use natural ingredients. That dude in there is good as well - everything he recommends for my hair works! He sounds a bit sleazy but he's ok.
it works...but now my hair looks sorta oily after a day... oh well!

btw jorgie i blow dried my hair, then did that whole ghd thing and i love how it turned out

thank you :grinning: *hug*

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
The shampoo and conditioner from Aldi is top shelf.

hth

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
it works...but now my hair looks sorta oily after a day... oh well!

btw jorgie i blow dried my hair, then did that whole ghd thing and i love how it turned out

thank you :grinning: *hug*
awww its ok babe!

Send me a pic, i wanna see!

See thats why i love my sea salt spray because i can actually go an extra day without having to wash my hair and the fringe area doesnt get any where near as oily as usual!

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's weird though - I thought all wog chicks get oily hair....

But then again - I wash my hair pretty much every day so what am I talking about really?

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my hair is ****. i can't run a brush through it cos of the curls atm.

why did i have to be the only person in my whole family to get the **** end of the stick? the rest of them all have lovely black straight hair, and i get the genetic defect :(

btw when i straighten my hair it gets really oily really quick. ****ing greasy wog style lol

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
There is no fukin way I could wash my hair everday! I loose way too much of it when it gets a wash and if i did that i'd be bald.

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to tho Jorgie - Mon - Thurs I gym it and I sweat bucketloads. I leave it Fri and then wash it again on Sat so it looks nice n fresh for Sat night

Status
Not open for further replies.