Nine and Fox Sports to retain NRL rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
first 20 rounds scheduled with the last 6 rounds to be scheduled by round 16. That is something at least

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
first 20 rounds scheduled with the last 6 rounds to be scheduled by round 16. That is something at least
Agree.... but this, along with a few Thursday night games, are the only real changes. Back to being screwed by Nine.

P

Promiscuous

that is so ****ed.

cant tell u how much i was looking forward to this. to some main key changes that IMO need to be made!

first of all BRING BACK SATURDAY FOOTBALL!! why the **** is there no 1-2 o'clock kick off on a saturday arvo? thats ****ed. LIVE FOOTBALL on a sunday afternoon ffs!!!! the grandfinal at 7.15pm again?!!! 4pm at the earliest is so ideal.

all that is just so much of the same nonsense. i cant reconise anything that will change that im looking forward to! even scheduling is exactly the same. dont know how many times they need to talk about it, but origin as a standalone weekend is what the game needs. it would bring in so much more money aswell, ****ing wednesday night bull****.

i feel like crying :(

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
As part of the deal, Nine will broadcast:
Three weekly matches (two on Friday and one on Sunday);
Three Thursday evening matches over the course of the year;
A stand-alone Test and City v Country weekend;
Wednesday night State of Origin matches;
A night-time grand final (7.15pm kick-off);
The Roosters-Dragons Anzac Day matches;
Two hours of rugby league content each evening on digital Channel 94 plus two hours of content on Saturday and Sunday morning;
Nine will ensure that all of its matches are telecast on either the ‘primary’ or ‘digital’ station in each state;
The Queensland Super Cup.
Fox Sports will telecast:
Five weekly matches across Saturday, Sunday and Monday;
Thirteen Sunday evening matches (6.30pm) over the course of the year;
The Storm v Warriors Anzac Day game (other than in 2014);
Three non-NRL matches each week played in conjunction with the Telstra Premiership game (which will be shared between Toyota Cup, NSW Cup and GIO Schoolboys Cup);

Other main points include:
Nine and Fox Sports will provide coverage of The Four Nations Tournament;
The first 20 rounds of the premiership will be scheduled in advance of the season;
The final six rounds will be scheduled at round 16;

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...cast-rights-20120821-24jdg.html#ixzz248sDrG4n

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yay for the return of the night time Grand Final, always rated them above day time kick offs.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
no hd

s.o.o and grand final will be in h.d in 2014 <<~~ omg they are so sh*t

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As part of the deal, Nine will broadcast:
Three weekly matches (two on Friday and one on Sunday);
Three Thursday evening matches over the course of the year;
A stand-alone Test and City v Country weekend;
Wednesday night State of Origin matches;
A night-time grand final (7.15pm kick-off);
The Roosters-Dragons Anzac Day matches;
Two hours of rugby league content each evening on digital Channel 94 plus two hours of content on Saturday and Sunday morning;
Nine will ensure that all of its matches are telecast on either the ‘primary’ or ‘digital’ station in each state;
The Queensland Super Cup.
Fox Sports will telecast:
Five weekly matches across Saturday, Sunday and Monday;
Thirteen Sunday evening matches (6.30pm) over the course of the year;
The Storm v Warriors Anzac Day game (other than in 2014);
Three non-NRL matches each week played in conjunction with the Telstra Premiership game (which will be shared between Toyota Cup, NSW Cup and GIO Schoolboys Cup);

Other main points include:
Nine and Fox Sports will provide coverage of The Four Nations Tournament;
The first 20 rounds of the premiership will be scheduled in advance of the season;
The final six rounds will be scheduled at round 16;

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...cast-rights-20120821-24jdg.html#ixzz248sDrG4n
To add to that, and this is very important.

- The Commision have managed to negotiate that Ch9 and Fox relinquish their rights to first and last bid, which they had until 202x(something). This means come the next bid (in 5 years) it's going to be open slather on bidding. This is a massive win for the commision.

- Currently the deal is worth $1.025b. This does not include mobile and online rights (Telstra) and TV rights in NZ. Which means its more than possible that the NRL can get more than the AFL's $1.25b deal

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Things I don't like (but do understand why its done)

- Second Friday game to stay.
- Sunday arvo to stay 4pm delayed
- Night Grandfinal locked in for next 5 years (i hate nights gf's)
- No HD broadcats until 2014

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
to add to that channel 9 boss said evry game wont be live - what a fuucking joke
im so pissed off by this

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have updated the first post with key points.

Please let me know if have missed anything or got amything wrong

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And here's me kicking back not giving a fck, because we get every game live here anyway. :grinning:
Be worried.

Sky need to sign a new broadcasting deal to cover the 2013 season. With Nine making more breaks in the game to throw more adds down the aussie throats I wouldn't be surprised to see Sky squeeze a few adds in during the game.

This would majorly piss me off.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be worried.

Sky need to sign a new broadcasting deal to cover the 2013 season. With Nine making more breaks in the game to throw more adds down the aussie throats I wouldn't be surprised to see Sky squeeze a few adds in during the game.

This would majorly piss me off.
Meh, I don't really care about ads. As long as I can watch whatever game I want, a few ads don't bother me.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yay for the return of the night time Grand Final, always rated them above day time kick offs.
I agree with you Book - but I think we are in the minority.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I agree with you Book - but I think we are in the minority.
I'm with you boys here ... love Night Footy

I don't care about the quality of the game, simply put if Bulldogs aren't there I'm not interested, and if they are I don't care how they play as long as they win

Better doing it at night, and making more of the day, events, etc

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm with you boys here ... love Night Footy

I don't care about the quality of the game, simply put if Bulldogs aren't there I'm not interested, and if they are I don't care how they play as long as they win

Better doing it at night, and making more of the day, events, etc
I have a few reasons why i dislike it, but that's for another thread.....whichh you can bump if you want.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact, more live AFL games broadcast in Sydney and Brisbane than Rugby League games.

Massive win for fans? Please

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fact, more live AFL games broadcast in Sydney and Brisbane than Rugby League games.

Massive win for fans? Please
The only thing that we won was the scheduled locked in until round 20. They couldn't even give us a full year.

Channel 9 had a massive win as they are the only F2A broadcaster to have exclusive rights to a major sport.
And the NRL are the biggest winners.

Oh well, I have foxsports so I fine.

P

Promiscuous

ffs still no FTA hd?!!!! wtf.

abc ****ing show live lawn bowls in high def, sbs shows the overnight weather show in high def. FMD

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
This is a good deal, we cant win everything and it will set us up for an even better deal next time now that Fox/9 have lost their first and last rights.

Also, if the NRL is smart, it should just move the Sunday 3pm game to a 4pm kick off that way it is live and 9 is happy that it still leads into the news, simple solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.