Nick Politis & The Power At Play in Bondi - How The Roosters Always Get Their Man

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$30k for an MBA at Harvard = 90% BULLSHIT

Total cost of top MBA programs
MIT MBA Cost: $241,984

Stanford MBA Cost: $239,928

Wharton MBA Cost: $230,864

Harvard MBA Cost: $223,084

Columbia MBA Cost: $221,362

Harvard charges $73,440 in MBA tuition fees for the academic year 2021-22. For the two-year, full-time MBA program at Harvard, you can expect to pay double that; $146,880 in tuition. However, to calculate the total cost of the Harvard MBA in 2021, you need to look beyond Harvard’s MBA tuition fees and consider living expenses, healthcare cover, and the cost of the materials and books you’ll need for the duration of the program.

The above is USD, hence AUD319k at todays exchange rate, so the $30k quoted was only ~10% of the total cost, hence 90% bullshit.

Always a Bulldog
It's obviously not the total cost of the MBA. You are conflating about as hard as you are clutching your pearls.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to accept, however the Roosters are untouchable.

Unlimited arms length third party arrangements are legal.

The only really meaningful words in that article were 'well connected' and 'connections' - the rest is just really reading between the lines.

The guy is a Billionaire and his passion in life is the Roosters!! He is obviously extremely business savvy and would have any army of experts that assist him to legally manage the tax act, so the Salary cap would be a walk in the park.

Also, the rumoured 5 series BMW that turned up in Braith's driveway for his 'mum' would have been a nice sweetener.
Best summed up. ∆∆∆

They are so untouchable they are arrogant about it now. All the articles and podcasts now spell out how they beat the cap each time. Smith said it's life after football so retirement payments and cushy jobs. For Tedesco it was direct payments to the family's property development business - the reason he didn't need money and took less at the Roosters LMFAO. Braith is obviously doing his part for the cause now, about to be rewarded with a nice bonus, extra gig or a fat new contract.

I still say it's illegal though as the 'arms length' deals are initiated/facilitated by Uncle Nick who is still part of the club. But what would the NRL care otherwise they'd tighten the rules. If you can't beat them join them.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Storm and Souths aren't impressive clubs either? They're both constant top four teams too..

I don't care that the Roosters cheat the cap. We all know that they do, as do other clubs. I'm not jealous as we're finally assembling a roster that can rival theirs and the other top 4 teams..

We miss the finals for five years straight, have 20 players off contract, make several good signings and the day after Mahoney and Kikau sign, 15 articles are written about how we're under cap pressure and they estimate every salary in our top 30.

Where are the forensic accounting articles of the Roosters when they sign players like Smith from a fellow contender that offered more money than they did? Or when Manu turns down $1 million a season to stay for 600k? Instead we get more Politis articles about his aura. You don't find that suspicious or irritating? It's an insult to the fans if anything.
This is just how the media operate.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Best summed up. ∆∆∆

They are so untouchable they are arrogant about it now. All the articles and podcasts now spell out how they beat the cap each time. Smith said it's life after football so retirement payments and cushy jobs. For Tedesco it was direct payments to the family's property development business - the reason he didn't need money and took less at the Roosters LMFAO. Braith is obviously doing his part for the cause now, about to be rewarded with a nice bonus, extra gig or a fat new contract.

I still say it's illegal though as the 'arms length' deals are initiated/facilitated by Uncle Nick who is still part of the club. But what would the NRL care otherwise they'd tighten the rules. If you can't beat them join them.
They are all saying it without saying it. The players get "looked after beyond football". At the very least it is completely against the spirit of the regulations.

That means the cap isn't doing what it is supposed to do, which is why there should now be a system that allows the NRL to ascertain the seriousness of bids and deem a player to be worth X under the cap regardless of what they say they are being paid, based on whether or not there was a serious chance to earn X at another club.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting this has c

They are all saying it without saying it. The players get "looked after beyond football". At the very least it is completely against the spirit of the regulations.

That means the cap isn't doing what it is supposed to do, which is why there should now be a system that allows the NRL to ascertain the seriousness of bids and deem a player to be worth X under the cap regardless of what they say they are being paid, based on whether or not there was a serious chance to earn X at another club.
Totally agree, however I believe this is how the NRL wants it to be. They want the big end of town involved at a high level, they want their one city/county/town teams to be the strongest and they are the teams that benefit most through these deals. Roosters and Souths maybe exceptions but being rich, high profile and/or wealthy they still see them as important.

It hurts other Sydney clubs like us, irrespective of our Leagues Club wealth which the NRL will never get their hands on anyway, so couldn't care less.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Totally agree, however I believe this is how the NRL wants it to be. They want the big end of town involved at a high level, they want their one city/county/town teams to be the strongest and they are the teams that benefit most through these deals. Roosters and Souths maybe exceptions but being rich, high profile and/or wealthy they still see them as important.

It hurts other Sydney clubs like us, irrespective of our Leagues Club wealth which the NRL will never get their hands on anyway, so couldn't care less.
If that is the case, they should have multiple divisions, full home and away seasons, and switch from salary cap to financial fair play. I wouldn't mind that, but they should be up front about it, rather than keep trotting out a principle that they themselves don't operate by.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ahhhh for fucks sake now you tell us! I read it, suddenly felt ill and then had an overwhelming desire to eat greek food and watch gladiator movies...

Did I catch gayness?
Great, now I have to socially distance my posts from yours lol

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great, now I have to socially distance my posts from yours lol
Nah, i had my shots mate is all good. 2 shots tequila, 2 shots vodka, 2 shots of whiskey and 2 shots of vodka again in case I forget. And two more shots of vodka in gase i furget...

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like Uncle Nick saw success once Bullfrog left. If only Bullfrog had a successor...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like Uncle Nick saw success once Bullfrog left. If only Bullfrog had a successor...
SBW honours a handshake deal with Politis, yet sneaks out on us under the cover of the dead of night.
They expect us to swallow this by hypocrisy dribble they dish up. Please!
Uncle Nick is the Roosters Bullfrog, I guarantee if you could get Politis to talk off the record he will tell you that he looked up to Peter Moore and they way he conducted business.

Good luck to them, I absolutely enjoy loathing the fuckers and in a weird way I am happy DC is going to be a rorter.

Can’t wait till we play them at the new rorter stadium. I will be on the fence giving it to “Sniff” and his “Gooster” mates from kick off till the siren.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the funniest thing I've ever read. A 6000 word ass licking of Politis.. Obviously it's all about his aura, how passionate he is, how much he cares about the players and how players only sign because they have lobster, pizza and fine red wine and speak for hours by a campfire to Politis and Robinson without talking footy. It has nothing to do with money..

I'm sure an alcoholic cokehead like Brandon Smith that says fuck and **** every second word is going to have deep and meaningful conversations about philosophy and geopolitics for hours on end that make money hungry players like him sign for 300k less per year...

It must be nice to have every media publication and network never question anything and write propaganda like this..
It's fucking sickening when compared to the shit written about us last week.