Nicho Hynes

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I want this kid Hynes. Any of these 1,6,7.
Played 6 or 7 until 1 at Storm.
Got a good feeling about him.
Think he’s a central coast boy.
Partner him with Burton in the halves. Or at least run him at FB.
I like the sound of this.
Something special about him.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He Was just being interviewed on Premier channel live on YouTube and the Fox dropped in right when they were asking him about where would he go if he doesn’t stay at Storm.
They tongue in cheek said Canterbury as the fox was sitting there with him and he had said earlier the fox is one of his closest mates and share indigenous heritage.
He did say though that his decision will be in a couple of weeks and will be based on a happy life style outside of footy and wants to join a club with good players, coaching staff and a winning culture.
Canterbury don’t have a winning culture yet though will have good players next year and the fox so you never know.
Would love to have him.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He Was just being interviewed on Premier channel live on YouTube and the Fox dropped in right when they were asking him about where would he go if he doesn’t stay at Storm.
They tongue in cheek said Canterbury as the fox was sitting there with him and he had said earlier the fox is one of his closest mates and share indigenous heritage.
He did say though that his decision will be in a couple of weeks and will be based on a happy life style outside of footy and wants to join a club with good players, coaching staff and a winning culture.
Canterbury don’t have a winning culture yet though will have good players next year and the fox so you never know.
Would love to have him.
I would also like to have him at our club,
Surely money has to come into consideration when talking new contract.
That might ultimately overshadow a few other things.
Just my opinion

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would also like to have him at our club,
Surely money has to come into consideration when talking new contract.
That might ultimately overshadow a few other things.
Just my opinion
Would 4-500k/year for 3 be the starting price for Hynes?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would 4-500k/year for 3 be the starting price for Hynes?
Oh mate I wouldn’t have a clue to be honest.
You know how it works if a club really wants him they might pay overs then there’s third party payments to factor in.
The one thing which is repeated at football club meetings is not to believe media regarding contracts bc it’s all speculation.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The logic makes sense, but try telling Nicho Hynes to wait another season playing back up. Sounds like he wants to be a starter now. Plus he is in the middle of a run of games where he is playing well; strike while the iron is hot and get a decent contract.

He's a 6 who can play at 1. Realistically the clubs who should be after him are Broncos, Sharks and Titans. Each are attractive options but going to Brisbane and partening Adam Reynolds in the halves would be a good move for him. I could see them making a good combination.
Didn't the Broncos promise the number 6 jersey to Kotoni Staggs?

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hynes is super talented and if you can't see it you just don't have the vision, we don't even have a genuine fullback and we letting this guy slip away. Make no mistake we'll regret it. Look around you Tbuz

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Weed just said on 100% Footy that the Dragons are after Hynes and that they've given Dufty permission to explore his options. He mentioned Canterbury as a possible destination.

Dufty would be a handy pick up, but I would prefer Nicho.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Imo we dont need any more backs. We need a hooker and a forward or 2, or the backs we already have arent going to do much good anyway. Its not like with jac added we will have bad backs. Our problem this year isn't the backs either.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Weed just said on 100% Footy that the Dragons are after Hynes and that they've given Dufty permission to explore his options. He mentioned Canterbury as a possible destination.

Dufty would be a handy pick up, but I would prefer Nicho.
We have the money and players like JAC and hopefully Smith next year that he is mates with would make the transition much easier. There's no reason why we should not be able to sign him. I'd be disappointed if we miss out.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take Hynes over Dufty all day every day.
Dufty can attack, but he lets as many in, and isn’t great under the high ball. I don’t think he’d make a 7 either. Most importantly, I have heard for a long long time now from those in the know at dragons he has a massive attitude problem.
Hynes offers more stability and can ball play. Cover 1,6 and I reckon big enough for centre.
I know we need a 9 and props, but worth a shot here given we are shredding players.
Adding Hynes gives us good options in the back

Hynes
Ado-Carr
Naden
DWZ
Cotric
Okunbor
Allan
Schoupp
Alamoti
Burton
Flanagan
Averillo
BBO

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take Hynes over Dufty all day every day.
Dufty can attack, but he lets as many in, and isn’t great under the high ball. I don’t think he’d make a 7 either. Most importantly, I have heard for a long long time now from those in the know at dragons he has a massive attitude problem.
Hynes offers more stability and can ball play. Cover 1,6 and I reckon big enough for centre.
I know we need a 9 and props, but worth a shot here given we are shredding players.
Adding Hynes gives us good options in the back

Hynes
Ado-Carr
Naden
DWZ
Cotric
Okunbor
Allan
Schoupp
Alamoti
Burton
Flanagan
Averillo
BBO
Think our attack this year is very one dimensional this will need to start to change whatever forwards we get...

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Haha we dont need hynes, dufty or fluffy

You have 3 x games best fullbacks available
nov 1st ... Paps Ponga and Sualii

We have Avo potential to play there and Dwz still for 2022