Nicho Hynes

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hynes was quoted saying he prefers playing in the half's.....my way of thinking is who ever offers him a shot at locking down a half's position will pick him up.
Best place for him would be Broncos number 6 if he wants to move for 2022. But If I was him though I'd sign a 1 year extension with Melbourne and wait for new Brisbane team. If Munster is hunted by QLD team then Hynes is Storm 6, if not then Nico heads North.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best place for him would be Broncos number 6 if he wants to move for 2022. But If I was him though I'd sign a 1 year extension with Melbourne and wait for new Brisbane team. If Munster is hunted by QLD team then Hynes is Storm 6, if not then Nico heads North.
We would be stupid if we won’t speaking to dufty or Hynes… storm can’t keep him playing behind papa and we desperately need a gun fullback… speed is the key these days for success with the new rules. Just my 2 cents
We should try for both Dufty at Fullback and Hynes at 5/8 imagine that
1.Dufty
2. Cotric/ Meany
3. Averilo/ Allen
4. Naden
5. JAC
6. Hynes
7. Burton
8. Thompson
9. Smith/ Deitz
Now that's a fast Back Skillful back line that could take us into the top 4 next season, if only???

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No doubt denying that Hynes has talent but is that talent only being shown due to the environment he is in? Possibly. But also enough with the outside backs, they can't do shit if we ain't going forward. Props and hooker first and our current outside backs "should" be sufficient.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he was instrumental in the Storm win yesterday, showed his class with try assists and finding gaps - does help he's got the squad around him to make things happen though. We should make a play for him even as a utility as he's shown he can cover a few positions

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t really get this “he’s shines in the environment he’s in” talk, this kid is great, he’s only getting a crack when someone is injured but played like he’s been there for yrs, he played 3 positions at times yesterday and didn’t miss a beat, passes are accurate, holds the ball at the right time, finds space and time, breaks the play open all from a position he’s doesn’t own week in week out, think if he was on the park every week he’s still got improving to do, he’s aspecial player, makes our 3 fullbacks look amateurish.. I’d give him 2-3 yrs at fullback then up to the halves bit like Jerome from the storm..

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should try for both Dufty at Fullback and Hynes at 5/8 imagine that
1.Dufty
2. Cotric/ Meany
3. Averilo/ Allen
4. Naden
5. JAC
6. Hynes
7. Burton
8. Thompson
9. Smith/ Deitz
Now that's a fast Back Skillful back line that could take us into the top 4 next season, if only???
I like it not sure on Dufty though, need middles because we lack there even with that very good on paper 1 to 9 team.
Other than Atoni and Hetherington on the bench we need a very good hard **** of a prop badly and given the decline of Elliott and Jackson an edge second rower too before a new Fullback? DWZ i feel can be that guy next year and is already contracted on fairly big $$$

I do like what Hynes is doing again though do we go there and maybe blow our dough and sacrifice buying a forward? dunno...

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like hynes but is he another Corey Allen? Great player in a very good team ? I not sure out of the storm system if he would be good enough. There hasn’t been many that have left the storm and gone onto better things. The elite have like Inglis but very few

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering Barrett in all his wisdom showed Hynes the door when he was at Manly - I can’t see this happening.