• Adam O'Brien

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Nathan Brown

Votes: 11 8.4%

• Total voters

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd payten expressed his desire to coach the tigers. If they sack Madge he will jump at the chance. Dogs no chance of getting him.
You're are probably right.

He'd still be my pick though.

I think he has a very long and successful coaching career ahead of him.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Madge and brown are about to get the sack. I think they’ll all be chasing flano. I personally have a feeling he will end up at tigers and take his son there and get rid of brooks or Hastings… either way we better have a coach lined up.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just watching the post match press conference from last week and previously watched Potter's mid-week interview and I must say, I'm warming to the idea of him staying on. He clearly has a good technical knowledge and I loved his response to a question re: scoring tries on the right side which hasn't been common this season. He said the field is 68 metres wide, so he thought they should use it all lol. I love that common sense perspective. I mean it is a simple game really. I also like that he calls it as he sees it. He won't throw someone under the bus, but he will admit they need to improve in certain areas, like when questioned about Dufty, and do his positives outweigh his negatives. He admitted he cost us in defence, but said he'd have to look at ways to improve that. That's a great way to respond tbh. He's making them accountable without shaming them. He was also very clear about the goal line defence being "non-existent". Jacko agreed too. I don't remember Baz being that frank.

Like I said before, he has plenty of games to win the job if he wants it and so far he has the team attacking the best it has all season. If he can get the defence in order, we may actually win some more games.
Gus: “Hey Mick, wanna coach the dogs?”

Potter: “Yeh sure Gus, when do I start?”

Gus: “Now. How about a 3 year deal?”

Potter: “Sounds good”

Gus: “We’ll be organizing a media statement telling everyone you’re only here as an interim, but just win us a few games by the end of the year and the job is yours for the next three years, I’ll be making it out like I’m looking for a coach for next year to take the pressure off you. We got a few good recruits for next year and a war chest to spend on players for 2024, so you’ll be right, I got your back”

Potter: “Whatever you say Gus, anything you want Gus.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus: “Hey Mick, wanna coach the dogs?”

Potter: “Yeh sure Gus, when do I start?”

Gus: “Now. How about a 3 year deal?”

Potter: “Sounds good”

Gus: “We’ll be organizing a media statement telling everyone you’re only here as an interim, but just win us a few games by the end of the year and the job is yours for the next three years, I’ll be making it out like I’m looking for a coach for next year to take the pressure off you. We got a few good recruits for next year and a war chest to spend on players for 2024, so you’ll be right, I got your back”

Potter: “Whatever you say Gus, anything you want Gus.
That's exactly the same script Gus used on Fitler...

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Potter is doing a decent job. I would keep him in the job for the 2022 and 2023.
A future coach as assistant like Slater or Ennis would be good.
Maybe Mark Omeley as defensive coach.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like it not the only “available” coach that could get this playing like a good footy team is flanno. The rest mentioned have proven they can’t do the job with what they had. The only other option which still a risk but better imo than the others would be Woolf. Plus his name suits us.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I know is Braith cannot hide his passion for the Dogs. He constantly mentions them and any news or whispers associated with them. Probably reads this forum.

He is as keen to see the club advance itself as any one of us. I value his opinion.
Are you serious mate he constantly puts shit on the club

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buzz “pisshead” Rothfield just said Freddy Fitler will be next coach of dogs on NRL360.

They are waiting to get Origin out of the way before announcing and that’s why Gus has been quiet on things recently.
I'd believe it if Fitler said it. Nobody else can speak for him.