News "News" More Burton media dribble

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You cannot get TPA’s via a club sponsor. So if we were to move to Puma for e.g. Puma cannot give Burton a TPA deal. TPA’s can only be supplied by individuals or businesses that have NO association with the club.
Club can't initiate that deal no, but no reason why I can't be done prior.
I cannot fully grasp this concept of association, for example JAC is sponsored by Puma I believe. So if Puma supplied our kit would Josh be able to maintain that deal or have to relinquish it.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The scary thing is, he managed to fleece the Tigers and to a lesser extent the Dragons too!
I don't know what St George fans think of him but Dogs & Tigers fans know he is a fraud.

I agree it's amazing he commanded big contracts based of the half a season he played really well for us.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at the million dollar players in the comp, Burton will be on their level come contract, it would be very disappointing if we miss out on him because we didn’t want to pay a million dollars, good luck trying to find another 6 of his quality. 5 million over 5 years that’s what we should offering! Quality of players in the nrl is dwindling with another club added. The dolphins will also make play for him me thinks, and the roosters, well we all know how the story ends there!

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But he still hasn't done anything. Even Brenko lee played origin.. and Burton played in the same backline he won a premiership in last year so he didn't just walk into the team lol. So dont glorify it for more than what he did.
He is a top player but has done fcuk all at 5/8 so far which is what he will be playing for us or anyone else.
He’ll dominate in just about any position at any level he’s that good. Unfortunately some people just can’t see his rare natural ability that he possess’s. Do you think that it’s a fluke that he keeps shining above Crichton for example who’s a natural centre(and very talented)and playing outside his Riff team mates week in week out? Last night was no exception.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look I love Burton but the fact is right now he isn’t even in top 10 best halves. How can you pay him what some are suggesting ? Relax. We win 2 games one against soon to be spooners and you guys blow your load. Fuck me
You’re are either kidding or you don’t have a good grasp of the game. I’d imagine you probably think Cody Walker is yeah? How’s he going at this point without his star halfback Reynolds? There should be no excuses for him because he has a lot of talented players around him still tho. Burton is in a similar but worse position due
to the fact he has a very average half partner but in a team with more plodders. Burton’s also very inexperienced in comparison but I know who standing taller.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what value his kicking game is worth.

As a 5/8th, he isn't worth more than 600k atm. He hasn't shown it here or even at Penrith. I've seen him play exceptional games but they have been at centre. Even last night, was at centre.

He may never make it as an elite 5/8th. Might just be a better than average one. But his kicking game is top notch and he has that as an advantage to most others. If he can compliment it with a passing game in the middle of the field, then yes, at some point he can be a 1M player.

Otherwise, he becomes a good player with a lethal boot. And I just dont know what that is worth.
He’s having to do both roles of a 6 and 7. You won’t see his real potential until he’s playing along side a half decent 7. He’ll be elite no doubt and in the top 2 5/8’s for a long time.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did JT play for NSW

Also by 2012 JT had already won a premiership and won numerous games at state and country

He deserved every single dollar

Burton has played 47 FG games and 1 origin
true true... obviously meant QLD but my point was just because no 5/8 is being paid a mill a season is no justification for why someone that plays that position could never be worth it.

your value is what you bring to the organisation, which can be above and beyond the position you play. If we expect to get a contract for more than an extra 1 to 2 years we will have to be paying more than 750k a season.

we are apparently talking a 5 year contract you really think he will agree for 700 -750 that some are suggesting for the next 5 years? it will be more likely 850 and towards the end of the 5 years it will be close to if not over the 1 mill.

I also have confidence that Burton will be NSW 5/8 by SOO 2024.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You’re are either kidding or you don’t have a good grasp of the game. I’d imagine you probably think Cody Walker is yeah? How’s he going at this point without his star halfback Reynolds? There should be no excuses for him because he has a lot of talented players around him still tho. Burton is in a similar but worse position due
to the fact he has a very average half partner but in a team with more plodders. Burton’s also very inexperienced in comparison but I know who standing taller.
Walker is 3rd for try involvements and on 650k, just to give you a rough idea.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol these fucks in the media, they will do their best to drive up Burtons value to the point where we can’t afford him, but Gus will get it done and if he can’t it will be in the best interest of the club not too. The dolphins could offer him a million dollars and we would be stupid to go that high for him, so it will come down to the vision for the future that Gus can sell him and how much Matt really wants to be a bulldog. My money is on Gus.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol these fucks in the media, they will do their best to drive up Burtons value to the point where we can’t afford him, but Gus will get it done and if he can’t it will be in the best interest of the club not too. The dolphins could offer him a million dollars and we would be stupid to go that high for him, so it will come down to the vision for the future that Gus can sell him and how much Matt really wants to be a bulldog. My money is on Gus.
Some on here are doing a good enough job of driving up his price, don't need the media for it.. :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I said 700k max
Fair enough. I’d say that round be absolute minimum, though. At the end of the day, teams will offer more than that snd Burto is a player we would almost certainly gone to regret losing. If we got him for 800, I’d be more than happy than that and I wouldn’t be too perturbed if we went up to 850. But 700 is a little more realistic than the suggestion I was actually replying to.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very very confident that we will keep him with Gus there. I'd be a little anxious if the Anderson's were running the show though.
I'd be even Moore confident if Bullfrog was still around, Burton would be a life member of Canterbury Bankstown NRL club, he'd never play rugby league against Canterbury Bankstown again in his life, Never, Ever

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Some on here are doing a good enough job of driving up his price, don't need the media for it.. :tearsofjoy:
Lol you just want to make sure we leave room in the cap so Avo can have his million a season.

Seriously though, what is a fair price for Burto in your opinion? Apologies if you’ve already stated it. Too many posts to sift through.