Newcastle Supporters Thread

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Shithouse game but probably a good result considering how dominant they were to get a draw out of it. Longstaff almost won us the game late, unlucky not to score that. Defense carrying us as usual. Isak hasn’t had the same effect as last year tbh.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Newcastle will take a slight step back this season. Their initial jump last season was too big to sustain.

They will first need to develop the infrastructure and foundations of a top club and they’ll go through years of ups and downs but as long as the owners keep their foot down full throttle, then there’s no reason why they can’t become a consistent top 6 side.

I think at some point this season or during the off season, they’ll replace Howe with Potter, which will be a great fit especially as they also signed Brightons director of football and some other back room staff last season.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Newcastle will take a slight step back this season. Their initial jump last season was too big to sustain.

They will first need to develop the infrastructure and foundations of a top club and they’ll go through years of ups and downs but as long as the owners keep their foot down full throttle, then there’s no reason why they can’t become a consistent top 6 side.

I think at some point this season or during the off season, they’ll replace Howe with Potter, which will be a great fit especially as they also signed Brightons director of football and some other back room staff last season.
I think the mid-table days are over for a while. We’ll be floating around the big 6 with either us or Brighton taking charge for a spot in place of Chelsea/ possibly Man U (unlikely). Chelsea I think are going to finish without Europe again

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
where did that performance come from
huge 8 nil win

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
where did that performance come from
huge 8 nil win
Sheffield might be one of the worst teams to make it to the prem this year

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s crazy how good Man City’s second team is. Their keeper is absolute class. We were starting to play really well towards the end of half which is a shame.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually hope you guys hold on and win. The league cup just adds more fixtures we don't need..

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s crazy how good Man City’s second team is. Their keeper is absolute class. We were starting to play really well towards the end of half which is a shame.
Pretty sure Bayern were after him to start for them whilst Neuer was out injured.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wow. What a win. That’s one of the best wins I’ve watched in some time. We looked dead in the first 40, completely outplayed and we comeback and steal a goal. Livramento what a star at RB, going from Trippier to him won’t even miss a beat.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I actually hope you guys hold on and win. The league cup just adds more fixtures we don't need..
Jack Grealish is so ass my man haha. He was pathetic for you guys

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jack Grealish is so ass my man haha. He was pathetic for you guys
Doku has replaced him now and is way more direct. Grealish is probably still in party mode from the treble. I reckon he'll get sold by next season.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Doku has replaced him now and is way more direct. Grealish is probably still in party mode from the treble. I reckon he'll get sold by next season.
Doku had me so nervous. He’s a crazy talent

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doku had me so nervous. He’s a crazy talent
Yeah he is.. I knew nothing about him before we signed him but I love how aggressive he is and he's always running directly at defenders. Whereas Grealish dances for 45 seconds before he does a simple pass. He's so much easier to defend. Whereas Doku would be a nightmare to defend.

It's a good two results for you guys after an average spell. Hopefully you can continue that momentum in the PL and CL..

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah he is.. I knew nothing about him before we signed him but I love how aggressive he is and he's always running directly at defenders. Whereas Grealish dances for 45 seconds before he does a simple pass. He's so much easier to defend. Whereas Doku would be a nightmare to defend.

It's a good two results for you guys after an average spell. Hopefully you can continue that momentum in the PL and CL..
Yeah it kinda looks like we are back to our ways from last year with the defense being rock solid and the attack generating a goal at least in games. The away form needs massive improvement during the season if we want CL again.