New zealand vs Australia final, discussion and live thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hate to say it but man we missed G Train tonite and a lot of others but Gallen would have been massive

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Congratulations n.z. enjoyed the shit out of that 4 nations
So true.
Now I ask how is state of origin the pinacle of rugby league. From this series nsw and qld don't have the best players any more. I know we had a lot of players out but the kiwis were just too class

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it but man we missed G Train tonite and a lot of others but Gallen would have been massive
No way... We missed Matt Scott and JT (as well as anyone to get Walker off the field, although he made 2 good plays at the end he was shocking for 75 min)...

edit: by no way I meant in no way would that have made a difference, not that we didn't miss Gallen. We missed proper props and another great playmaker at the end.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true.
Now I ask how is state of origin the pinacle of rugby league. From this series nsw and qld don't have the best players any more. I know we had a lot of players out but the kiwis were just too class
Full strength QLD and NSW with Hayne would also match it with NZ though. The gap in class between Origin teams and the Aus/NZ team is next to nothing... Also the players Australia were missing where basically 5 top 10 RL players in the world...

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Full strength QLD and NSW with Hayne would also match it with NZ though. The gap in class between Origin teams and the Aus/NZ team is next to nothing... Also the players Australia were missing where basically 5 top 10 RL players in the world...
I understand that and if Shaun Johnston isn't there kiwis aren't close to being the same team but seriously it's quite aragent to call soo the pinacle when the kiwis have some fantastic players that would be there hands down. This from a proud nsw man

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well the underdogs won. It shows that anything can happen in rugby league.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The world cup was regarded a success this tournament I think has had pretty decent crowds .they have to keep building next year .I don't think aus have any internationals matches scheduled bar the Anzac test. This is where nz, England have to capitalize on that and have a tour. Its only a matter of time that the powers that be will say " hang on we can make money with international league " and start getting right behind it.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Johnson and Bromwich were incredible.
Taupau gave good metres off the bench and plays the ball pretty quickly too.

Australia got rolled through the middle. Gave away too many metres and offloads.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
****yeah up newzealand thankgod for the ref .. Almost ruined my 1-6 bet

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As would I, just referring to JORDZILLA's post.

Plus I can't see Johnson leaving NZ.
We can dream my friend we can dream :grinning:

Could you imagine this as our spine:

1. Bmoz
6. Mbye
7. Johnson
9. Lichaa

That is a spine tinglier!!! that's a creative spine with a known finisher.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that and if Shaun Johnston isn't there kiwis aren't close to being the same team but seriously it's quite aragent to call soo the pinacle when the kiwis have some fantastic players that would be there hands down. This from a proud nsw man
I think the difference really comes to the attitudes of the fans tbh. Way too many Australians are death riding their own side because a Kiwi win is 'good for the game'.

if QLD won 100 origins in a row we would still be pissed off if we lost the next one. Hell I have been at school when we lost a game going for a clean sweep in game three and we were still all filthy.

ultimately the Australia v NZ rivalry is only one-sided in one way atm and that is that for NZ it means as much as Origin, for Australia it just doesn't. Sure Australian players want to win. But nowhere near as much as they hate to lose an Origin series. Or as much as NZ wants to win the internationals. That's the real problem in my opinion.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The world cup was regarded a success this tournament I think has had pretty decent crowds .they have to keep building next year .I don't think aus have any internationals matches scheduled bar the Anzac test. This is where nz, England have to capitalize on that and have a tour. Its only a matter of time that the powers that be will say " hang on we can make money with international league " and start getting right behind it.
The problem is though that the NRL is the most powerful organisation in RL and the International League isn't under their banner. It's sad, but the RLIF is really in competition with the NRL. Don't get me wrong, NRL l benefits from international RL in some way. And they do support it. But the second it attempts to encroach on the NRL season or Origin (which it is so so so so far away from doing it's not funny) all bets will be off. And the NRL right now would crush the RLIF. International RL has a long way too go. Money talks and the NRL and Origin are the two biggest things (when it comes too money) in rugby league.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that last ball was a forward pass. I think the ref made the right decision (however, I didn't expect him to make it as he called it late plus he let the Walker one go (which I also thought was forward).

NZ deservedly win. Been the best side throughout the competition and Australia deserve the lost in my opinion. Too inconsistent. Tim Sheens is hopeless. 30 games in charge - how the hell he managed that I dont know.

Klemmer and Eastwood played well - Jackson had limited minutes so can't judge him too much for not really noticing any impact from him.

Johnson...Wow.

Hiku, Vatuvei, Whare, SKD and Foran all played well behind a good forward pack (Nightingale was Nightingale in my opinion...hot and cold).

Cronk had a shocker of a game by his standards. Inglis was pretty quiet. Walker is hopeless in defence but okay in attack. Woods LOL.

Cameron Smith is a great speaker and has great sportsmanship in my opinion. His speech at the end was pretty fair dinkum for a losing captain. Sad to see he was put with a dud team and dud coach. Surely that is the last of Sheens...

Sheens was terrible in using his players (as was he in selecting them). Farah was a waste this tournament as was Tupou and Cordner. Deserves what he will get...the Sack. Klemmer should have had more minutes as should have Hunt.

Why can't we expect consistency and good refereeing in the regular season like this four nations tournament? I have been really impressed with the refereeing of all games really...

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also does anyone know whether Eastwood was apart of the last four nations tournament? If so, congratz in being apart of history (commentators I think said that NZ hasn't one back to back four nations comp since 1960...

Status
Not open for further replies.