New Zealand Kiwis Four Nations squad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be the wake-up call Eastwood needs as well.
He needs to get fit and injury free to regain anything like his old form

P

Paint.

Fien's been poor this year, on form, he shouldnt be picked ahead of Leuluai.

Perrett, Rapira, Hoffman, Hohaia, Duffie, SKD, Nu'asala, Eastwood and Harrison not considered due to injury

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Completely forgot SKD wasn't in there. Would be immense with him in the side. Also thought Rapira must have been injured to not be named. Still a strong squad, we'll give Australia a good go, but they'll win the thing on the back of the whole 'Lockyer's last game' crap.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Completely forgot SKD wasn't in there. Would be immense with him in the side. Also thought Rapira must have been injured to not be named. Still a strong squad, we'll give Australia a good go, but they'll win the thing on the back of the whole 'Lockyer's last game' crap.
:p come on Book :p

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think NZ are better odds than the $4 they're at, probably more along the lines of $3

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a really good youthful team! Will be tough competition thats for sure.

It never ceases to amaze me how Thomas Leuluai is always picked in the team. He is a major dud.
Rangi Chase is probably wandering the same thing, which is why he changed allegiance to England.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kalifa Fai Fai Loa has been called into the squad as Manu Vatuvei has pulled out with injury.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I like Kalifa. He's a good finisher and has a really high work-rate, huge amount of touches per game for a winger. Good player.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Matai & Shaun Johnson OUT
Krisnan Inu & Elijah Taylor IN

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
international league is a joke. 12 players have pulled out of the kiwi squad already. As well as a number of players from oz.

I bet they could have played if this games meant something.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
quite a few of those have gone into off season surgery which would have been booked in by the clubs awhile back. Not much you can do. If it gets delayed, then it will eat into the off season or even worse they might even miss a few rounds of next year.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
id have liked to see jesse bromwich, jeff lima and iosia soliola in the team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Their bench is great but I fear that the damage could be done before then.

Fein's form was so bad he didn;t deserve to get picked. Hohaia has won NZ several big tests against Australia and is always dynamite off the bench as a backup hooker. McKendry and Packer are good club players but will need to step up massively up front in Test football.

Also, as good a form as Locke and Beale have been in, this is a massive step up and Beale could get found out out wide by a potent Australian backline.

I always root for NZ in these games (and England but that's an exercise in futility) and hope that these youngsters come through.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching their game on Sunday, they were pretty awful to watch sadly. I think changes are needed for their first four nations game. I would spice things up for game 1, as I would say yesterday, basically defence and handling were two things that need to be fixed.

1. Kevin Locke
2. Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa
3. Alex Glenn
4. Keiran Foran
5. Matt Duffie
6. Benji Marshall (Captain)
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Russell Packer
9. Isaac Luke
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Adam Blair (If available)/Lewis Brown
12. Simon Mannering