Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How dare they

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah this was Ritchie filling in for buzzard. I have acquired what I believe to be detailed instructions left for Ritchie. I may have acquired them from my imagination.

Buzz here mate. Things to know in filling in for me and some specific instructions.

1. Minimal to no research required. We can alter rumours as benefits us in the weeks ahead.
2. Don't apologise for me or yourself if things turn out wrong. Just say the news came to light after we published something absolutely contradictory.
3- At every stage in writing this I want it to be from the perspective of someone who sees themselves above the game.

Specific instructions.
Shh. Keep it quiet. (Insert publicly available information few would generally care about, but may find interesting if it's presented as insider knowledge. Helps if it's Bulldogs scandal).
Player contract reference. Add rumour here. Make up if required.

Bit of work to do on this one.
You heard it here first.
Now pick a high profile player and invent a request release. Try calling a random big name players manager. Ask about the request release you've just made up. Confirm they're denying a release request and run that as the story. Release havok and see what unfolds. Also ring clubs and ask if they're interested in or have made an offer in the player that's about to be the target of our rumour. We'll have denials to print from the player, the club and the manager. Additionally we'll list the clubs that saay they'd be interested if the player was a free agent etc. Rumour mill goldmine.

Respond to denials.
1- Club (a) denies offering contract as we reported last week, but we're hearing (a) has simply baulked at the asking price and will make an improved counter offer before officially revealing their position.
2- We reported that club (b) has insufficient parking spaces for players and they're complaining that they get wet walking to the facilities from the public spots. I made this up. But got a player to deny making the complaint, but they did say undercover parking would be great. Report the players words as a plea for help. BASH CLUB, while leaving the player on a knifes edge of opinion that could go negative or positive. "Ooh, poor wittle footy player can't buy an umbrella on his 2.5 million dollar deal." I also tried to get the players union to comment. They rang every player from club (b) and found none care. Their official stance is we're not going to act as there's no complaints. Sell the "we're not going to act" bit, don't mention the rest. Demonise them for inactivity.
If some player misbehaves run to the moral high ground. If it's proven they did nothing wrong later we'll be one voice among many screaming they're a naughty boy. Next week we'll be supporting suggesting they deserve their day in court. Makes us look fair without it mattering if we give a shit.

Just remember. The tendency for this column is to demonise clubs, player managers, players, fans, coaches, Gould, the players association, teddybears and puppies. This sport and those giving their blood sweat and tears might butter our bread indirectly but we have to drop pubes on the knife as nobody is interested in basic bread and butter.

Last and most importantly. Feel free to drink as you want in my office. The walls and floors are hoseable, you can basically take a shit in the corner and the cleaner quietly hoses it away after I leave. Do on the drinking, I have three boxes of spirits 15 bottles in each box due to be delivered (Woop, Woop, Woop). These aren't to be touched. Nor is my liquor cabinet to be opened. The cabinet has sensors which will record any attempt to remove the contents. I'll get nasty if you try it.

PS. Text me if you need anything else. I'll be conscious at some stage. But it won't be often as I'll be getting into the holiday spirits (that isn't a typo). Don't bother ringing but don't be surprised if I ring you randomly.

Anyway. I can't reveal how I came by this. All work above may or may not be a construct based on how I assume buzz goes about writing his column.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its very easy to create a headline that is total bullshit, we know that.

What's Buzz got to lose? If he is wrong then he is just a journalist and the story is forgotten about. If he is right then he'll come out and say you heard it here first and he looks like he has integrity.

Journalism is about hedging your bets and a story like this goes either way even if there is no source to it. It's simply Buzz having a gripe with Gus episode XXVXXV

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its very easy to create a headline that is total bullshit, we know that.

What's Buzz got to lose? If he is wrong then he is just a journalist and the story is forgotten about. If he is right then he'll come out and say you heard it here first and he looks like he has integrity.

Journalism is about hedging your bets and a story like this goes either way even if there is no source to it. It's simply Buzz having a gripe with Gus episode XXVXXV
Only problem is Buzz didn't write the story. It came from Dean 'Bulldog' Ritchie .....

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL but it wasn't Buzz involved.

Any reason why they want to change a couple of Directors and zero doubt trying to change the ones aligned to another faction.
Is that your faction?