new nrl rule change for this season

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looking to improve the game?
How about you get rid of the 6 again rule, you fuckwits?
It’s a blatant rigging tool not to mention the increase in injuries it brought total abomination. The game never needed speeding up it was fine how it was, neither is it entertaining to watch 30-30 score lines week in week out. Total fucking joke.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hate the change for the game as a whole, as it's changing the fabric of the game.
However if we play smart with this rule, we could make it work to the advantage of our weak middle third and avoid extra running and collusions. Add to that having Crichton to lock down one edge with short kicks is a great asset.
Hopefully Ciro and Jason Taylor is all over the tactics.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
disagree if it's a close game in shit conditions 2 points are a premium and will most likely win u the game
Still should be good enough from 10 out and a full set imo.

I like the change and also wasn't dead against the old one of a penalty but this should work OK.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Scott Sattler made a good point. He said the stronger teams like Penrith will exploit this more as they can defend well close to their line and go for the short drop out every time.

So if a team finally gets a repeat set on them to try and score a try, they could end up not getting the ball back now..

That makes the game worse and less competitive, not better. These idiots never think these changes through..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Scott Sattler made a good point. He said the stronger teams like Penrith will exploit this more as they can defend well close to their line and go for the short drop out every time.

So if a team finally gets a repeat set on them to try and score a try, they could end up not getting the ball back now..

That makes the game worse and less competitive, not better. These idiots never think these changes through..
It’s currently that way now. The repeat set is almost dead, with amount of teams getting ball back from short drop outs. At best it’s a 50/50 lottery, to get ball back.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The rule actually suits the bulldogs. Burton must be the worse short drop out exponent in the game. Always going out on full, or coming up short. Only problem now it’ll cost us six instead of two

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I disagree that the rule change suits us. If we don't get it back off a short drop out, the last thing we need is to invite 5 tackles of pressure from 10 metres out where our small pack can easily give up a few tries on our line..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still should be good enough from 10 out and a full set imo.

I like the change and also wasn't dead against the old one of a penalty but this should work OK.
cause that'll work well for us when we struggle to score points 10m out......

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From where kick is taken. So dropouts will be 10m out and 10m in from touch play the ball. Kick off will be 40m out and 10m in from touch.
Cheers mate had a total brain fart! I get abit tense everytime I hear of rules changing - instead of words I see red. Theres always an aroma of sportsbet.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The rule change we wanted: scrap Peter Vlandys 6-again dodginess

The rule change we got: short drop outs 100% of the time
Speaking of VLamb-dy no rules up there aye. I thought he was okay at the start but now when I see him he upsets me. A mate rekons the people ontop can see people, but all the people below can see are arseholes.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think some things need risk and reward. You basically telling players now go short. Best case you get the ball back worse case you don’t. I didn’t mind the penalty. If you don’t execute there should have been a ramification.

Like others have mentioned it will literally turn into union now. And burtons boot is becoming less valuable :p

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think some things need risk and reward. You basically telling players now go short. Best case you get the ball back worse case you don’t. I didn’t mind the penalty. If you don’t execute there should have been a ramification.

Like others have mentioned it will literally turn into union now. And burtons boot is becoming less valuable :p
I don’t think so. Ramifications are almost the same. Teams won’t wanna give up field position that easily. Maybe when playing catch up, which I think is exciting for a team that’s behind. More times than not it’s us

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It might just be me, usually, is but I actually am confused already...what does '....10 metres out from the line of the kick' mean? In a line dropout where the ball only goes 8m wheres the attacking team restarting from?
It's certainly a rule that they've struggled to explain with clarity. As much as it seems to go against the grain, it sounds like this rule is a get out of jail free card if I've interpreted correctly. I assume it means if you gamble on a short dropout, not kicking it ten metres means you get the ball back. So it'll nullify the benefit of repeat sets as there's now an easy out. Seems like there's a huge potential benefit for fucking up you line drop outs. If I'm reading the rule change right.

Well I'm not sure how I feel about this. It doesn't really change the outcome of the halfway point restart, but it denies teams a chance to take 2 points that they could really do with.
I hadn't thought of that aspect myself. Coincidentally, I started thinking that the game was being run to benefit our gambling sponsor due to the fact that refs were gifting first points via a penalty in front of the sticks which nullified the try scorer market.

My physical fitness has no bearing on how long I root for.
Hard to get puffed in 15secs.
Oooh, Mr marathon over here cracking the ten second mark and smashing out another 5 on top.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Youse wanna get confused even more?

I found this paragraph halarious because of my favourite word 'interpretation' Theres also the other one throughout the article 'discression'.

'Since Peter V’landys became ARLC chairman at the end of 2019, a slew of changes or amendments have followed – to the point the NRL titled a release 12 months ago as ‘No new rule changes for 2023’ ... before detailing five updated interpretations.'

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the takeaway I get from this is you can now belt the crap outta the ball from a dropout or kickoff, and if it goes out on the full, you really aren't conceeding anything much anymore.