New League Sex Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
LMFAO! thats the fkn funniest thing out! I've been on footy trips but never gotten drunk or done "CROCADILE EYES" but man that is classic shyt!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Hammer said:
You know how when a crocadile is in the water all you see is its eyes, well the same happens when a drunken footy player hides in a cupboard.
lol i just got a vision of that in my head and laughed my head off.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats just what my mates and I call it, always have.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you cant have a laugh, what can you do? :whacky:

Anastabation

Reaction score
Where there was sex outside relationships - there was bound to be a scandle. All it takes is 1 person to cry wolf and this game gets turned upside down. Pathetic, yes.

RobDog55er

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tony Butterfield has come out in defense for the punishment on the young development referees...

Refs' sex romp punishment 'over the top'
February 11, 2005 - 3:59PM

Tony Butterfield ... "It's ridiculous."

The punishment handed out to five lower grade rugby league referees involved in a sex incident while in camp was over the top and would discourage people from becoming referees, players' association president Tony Butterfield said today.

Two referees were banned for life and three more were suspended for the 2005 season by the NSW Rugby League following the incident, which took place at the Sydney Academy of Sport in Narrabeen early on Sunday morning.

The five, all in their early to mid 20s, can still referee in their local districts but are banned from controlling NSWRL representative matches such as in the SG Ball, Jersey Flegg and Harold Matthews competitions.

As such, the two who received life bans have no chance of being able to progress through the refereeing ranks, all but ending any hope of ever refereeing at first grade level.

Butterfield said the punishment was far too harsh.

"It's ridiculous," Butterfield said.

"All our young men should be educated on how to deal with women, particularly in light of the scrutiny the game receives ... but to string people up when the activities appear to be consensual, is ridiculous.

"It's time to get rid of this puritanical approach to this stuff."

One of the referees breached the rules by taking a woman to the academy last Saturday night during a NSWRL referee development camp.

The couple had consensual sex in the presence of other referees, with reports that another referee was "intimately involved".

A third referee in the room reported the incident to officials.

NSWRL general manager Geoff Carr confirmed the details of the incident but denied the punishments handed out by the board were excessive.

"We're not denying it," said Carr.

"Obviously some of the details of it we'll never know but we've issued what we believe to be appropriate penalties.

"They can still referee in their districts but they will no longer be invited to referee representative matches."

Butterfield said such the harsh reaction would cause less people to be interested in a career in refereeing, particularly at that level, where the pay is poor.

"When these guys aren't in the top flight and they're probably getting a can of Coke and a Mars Bar for their effort, of course it will discourage people from becoming a referee," Butterfield said.

He conceded the referees involved deserved punishment for breaking the rules, but said a better approach could have been taken.

"There may well be sanctions applied, but particularly at a time when we're looking for referees, on the face of it, it's particularly excessive," he said.

"They could have said, 'mate, you're an adult and we respect your right to do what you want to do, but you were on the job here and we'll deal with it in-house'."
I agree with Tony here, Lifetime bans are just too harsh. Imagine if Minichello got the same punishment for breaking camp rules for bringing his mobile into camp. I doubt that head body would impose such an enforcement.

For his comment on our pay, i reffed a matthews trial game last weekend and got paid with two bottles of gatorade. (We argued for a payrise, now we're getting 20% more).

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
dogs ust of been in volved somehow

watch it hit the papers tomorrow :grinning:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
***mh*** said:
Tony Butterfield has come out in defense for the punishment on the young development referees...

I agree with Tony here, Lifetime bans are just too harsh. Imagine if Minichello got the same punishment for breaking camp rules for bringing his mobile into camp. I doubt that head body would impose such an enforcement.

For his comment on our pay, i reffed a matthews trial game last weekend and got paid with two bottles of gatorade. (We argued for a payrise, now we're getting 20% more).

lol at the 20% more

MSeLmAgIc

*Mutha Function*
Reaction score
I just saw the nightly news and because they are talking of the ref scandal of course they had to show the bulldogs training at the beginning of the news report, like God get over it.

spannaforce

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't understand what the big deal is? I agree with Butterfield the punishment is over the top. if they had set rules and they broke the rules then the matter should be dealt with internally. why does the whole world have to know about it? do we really care what some referrees do in their spare time? no woman has made a complaint. I think media reporting and the way organisations react to speculation is getting ridiculous.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same as players

I spent 7 years refereeing up here in Brisbane and training with the likes of David Manson, Time Mander and Eddie Ward as well as top Brisbane referees you find they are no differant to the players when it comes to woman. Most men are the same and peer pressure is a big factor.

Our end of season awards nights would always end up in strip bars and i was always called a "poof" 'cause I didn't want to go into the bars and pay $200 for a dodgy lap dance.

Problem was at the time I had a beautiful girl friend and out of respect for her declined going in. Still didn't stop the other refs from giving it to me. But when you are happy why would you want a strip bar?

C

~CrY~

well these days 15 year olds banging 33 year old man, so its possible the chick could be young

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
i wonder which whistle she was blowing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.