Rumour New Coach and Assistant anyones guess - here's one

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the source is Isaac or David Holland? That sounds like a weird ass coaching team
Brad fittler is the coach unfortunately, look at Penrith he signed Griffin , at the Roosters he signed Ricky Stuart from Canterburys flegg side, so I'm not surprised he got Fittler

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest it’s all becoming a bit of a joke these rumours are never ending.
At this rate we’ll all end up in Callan Park not to be released.
Callan Park been shut for 30 years

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He's got a pretty decent footy IQ and is a good communicator. The fact he played half his career at the dogs is probably just icing on the top.
Granted I tune out when he starts blowing his load over little things happening in the game, I've never heard him come up with good insights, just parrots what the other duds say.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d love Flanno, Ennis and Graham as the trifecta of coaching staff - A hard arse competitive coach and two uncompromising former Bulldog captains.

But in all honesty, anyone is better than TB, even Freddy… I think he learned the hard way, you can’t be everyone’s best mate when your coach and he’s becoming more of a realist in his older age.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel Potter will turn us around over the next few weeks once he has had a few weeks into the role and more familiar with all the players.

Our attack has improved under him already as we hadn't scored more than 16 points under TB and in the last 2 weeks we've scored 22 and 24. Defence is now the main issue and Potter is right onto that with Dufty being dropped and talk of either Allan, JAC or Averillo to play FB against the Panthers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dufty is moved on sooner rather than later, he is superfluous to the team.

We seem to be heading in the right direction and feel with the Panthers depleted this weekend we can cause an upset. I hope we do and then string a few wins together and then sign Potter on an extended contract.
There’s been no improvement- we’ve played the Dragons & Tigers both well & truly bottom 8 sides & conceded 70 points!!!
The goal line defence across the park is atrocious, they’re unfit and are unable to put effort on effort, won’t change this week, the Panthers line speed will have the Dogs gassed after 15minutes.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ahhh the Kennel…..
where the lunatics run the asylum
No insult to me, I love my mentalness and the Bulldogs. Please demonstrate your sanity by giving one positive about Fittler ever being considered, other than his SOO coach cred crap that he loses if he takes up a team job??

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lel

we going to sign a coach that we all least except.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Again with the Fittler bs. Why would he give up coaching origin and his media commitments to coach us? And why would we choose him? People would be rightly pissed if after all this we get a coach with even less club coaching experience than our last 2 coaches. But I'll believe it when I see it. And why would Ciraldo come here to be an assistant?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No insult to me, I love my mentalness and the Bulldogs. Please demonstrate your sanity by giving one positive about Fittler ever being considered, other than his SOO coach cred crap that he loses if he takes up a team job??
Don’t understand your animosity towards Fittler, but he has a long history with Gould dating back to 1989 at the Panthers and then the Roosters.
He’s captained both Australia & NSW. He’s in the NSWRL hall of fame. Most capped NSW SOO player.
He’s coached at City v Country level,he’s coached Lebanon 2017 World Cup.
NRL record as coach 25 wins from 58games took over late in the 2008 season when Opes had enough. He’s won 2 premierships as a player.
Not too many candidates would have a resume of this calibre.
Not that I’m pro Fittler…. All options on the table is the best strategy

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t understand your animosity towards Fittler, but he has a long history with Gould dating back to 1989 at the Panthers and then the Roosters.
He’s captained both Australia & NSW. He’s in the NSWRL hall of fame. Most capped NSW SOO player.
He’s coached at City v Country level,he’s coached Lebanon 2017 World Cup.
NRL record as coach 25 wins from 58games took over late in the 2008 season when Opes had enough. He’s won 2 premierships as a player.
Not too many candidates would have a resume of this calibre.
Not that I’m pro Fittler…. All options on the table is the best strategy
Fittler would be a horrible option.. sounds like a goose when he’s commentating

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have fallen so far off the pace our main talking point over the past 18 months has been when are we going to sack the coach....and now, who will be our next coach.

We have long given up on actually thinking we can win a game, we expect to lose....it's a sad state of affairs

The next coach selection is obviously important, but I think the assistant coaches and conditioning staff etc are just as important

Our team needs alot of work on all fronts....alot of work

Whoever our head coach is going to be, I really hope we also go for the best possible support staff, not just ex players or jobs for mates. Whether that is an experienced ex NRL coach or the best up and comer assistant coaches , we need to target the best

Strength and conditioning is non negotiable. We are so far behind the top teams, it's not funny. There is no excuse for not being fit.

We need the best (most experienced) strength and conditioning coach money can buy . And he needs to do whatever it takes to get them fit. Whether that's sandhills, army camps, bike rides to Melbourne...whatever it takes. These players need to be broken so they can be rebuilt tougher and stonger than they have ever been

Our next coaching staff has got a huge job to do, but with the right people it can be done

I'm sure Gus knows this much more than any of us

He said he took the first 6 months in the job watching and observing what goes on. From the moves he has already made, he obviously didn't like what he saw

All we can do is trust that Gus makes the right choices to get us out of the hole we are in

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t trust anybody that always seems to have chapped lips like Fittler does!

Another is that clown Graham Annesley