Rumour New Coach and Assistant anyones guess - here's one

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No idea but think u missed the Pope in there as an assistant as well.

Happy to eat shit though if you're a genius.
I was sent this by a mate. Which it has been doing the rounds on the net.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel Potter will turn us around over the next few weeks once he has had a few weeks into the role and more familiar with all the players.

Our attack has improved under him already as we hadn't scored more than 16 points under TB and in the last 2 weeks we've scored 22 and 24. Defence is now the main issue and Potter is right onto that with Dufty being dropped and talk of either Allan, JAC or Averillo to play FB against the Panthers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dufty is moved on sooner rather than later, he is superfluous to the team.

We seem to be heading in the right direction and feel with the Panthers depleted this weekend we can cause an upset. I hope we do and then string a few wins together and then sign Potter on an extended contract.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What does ennis actually bring to the table as assistant coach?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's already a thread on this Beastwood..

And the answer is no. None of it makes sense. At least if they spread a rumour on FB, make it believable.
To be honest it’s all becoming a bit of a joke these rumours are never ending.
At this rate we’ll all end up in Callan Park not to be released.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think everyone is forgetting the main point

Not only does Gus need to have Canterbury's best interest, but he has his own interest and ego.

There is not a chance in hell that Gus will ruin his ego and self interests by employing Fittler

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I feel Potter will turn us around over the next few weeks once he has had a few weeks into the role and more familiar with all the players.

Our attack has improved under him already as we hadn't scored more than 16 points under TB and in the last 2 weeks we've scored 22 and 24. Defence is now the main issue and Potter is right onto that with Dufty being dropped and talk of either Allan, JAC or Averillo to play FB against the Panthers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dufty is moved on sooner rather than later, he is superfluous to the team.

We seem to be heading in the right direction and feel with the Panthers depleted this weekend we can cause an upset. I hope we do and then string a few wins together and then sign Potter on an extended contract.
I hope your right we get a win and avoid the spoon at all cost.

That said don’t think potter is going to be the long term coach and I’m not sold the more points isn’t just cause we played two shit teams

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see

Flanagan - we'd probably get him cheaper than Barrett (he's desperate remember) money we save spend on assistants
Ciraldo (assistant) - offer him more money
Brentnall (assistant) - current Storm assistant - son of our 1980 Premiership winning fullback Greg Brentnall - offer him more money
Ennis (assistant/ consultant)

Tony Grimaldi (trainer) - former Dogs player currently with the Sharks - offer more money

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently he bleeds blue and white although he played for St George, Newcastle and the Broncos before us then the sharks after. He’s also been a part of the sharks, Canberra and Parramatta coaching staff. But he loves the bulldogs the bestest.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Word on the street is scomo is unemployed and looking to be head coach … more believable than that text as ciraldo wouldn’t leave to be assistant
Scomo to his beloved Sharks and Fitzgibbon to Dogs!! Yay

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apparently he bleeds blue and white although he played for St George, Newcastle and the Broncos before us then the sharks after. He’s also been a part of the sharks, Canberra and Parramatta coaching staff. But he loves the bulldogs the bestest.
That's why I call him rainbow blood.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If QLD win origin get Slater, JT and Smith

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's got a pretty decent footy IQ and is a good communicator. The fact he played half his career at the dogs is probably just icing on the top.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Anyone else seen this doing the rounds.?View attachment 52396
-Ciraldo won’t come to the Dogs, ended on bad terms when Gus left the Panthers. If & when he leaves the Panthers he’ll head to the Dolphins to take over from Bennett.

Dymock will not come back unless it’s Head Coach & that’s not happening.

If it’s Fittler,he’ll hand pick his assistants, s&c and medical crew.
Grimaldi to return as Conditioner.
Mason & possibly Sherwin to be involved in some capacity within the coaching structure.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's got a pretty decent footy IQ and is a good communicator. The fact he played half his career at the dogs is probably just icing on the top.
Being able to make some comments during or after a game is quite different to being a coach. Perhaps he’ll be good, perhaps we won’t, for me it’s not the gamble we need to take right now after years of underperforming. At the end of the day there’s people that love him, personally I don’t but I’ve got no dramas with those who think he’s great.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Being able to make some comments during or after a game is quite different to being a coach. Perhaps he’ll be good, perhaps we won’t, for me it’s not the gamble we need to take right now after years of underperforming. At the end of the day there’s people that love him, personally I don’t but I’ve got no dramas with those who think he’s great.
Yeah I'm not fussed either way, I think as a spine consultant it'd be pretty long risk

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope your right we get a win and avoid the spoon at all cost.

That said don’t think potter is going to be the long term coach and I’m not sold the more points isn’t just cause we played two shit teams
Right now Potter wouldn't and couldn't be considered as a long term coach but he does have a very good coaching resume and has improved our attack already.

I heard an interview over the last few days and someone mentioned that they noticed we've moved the ball more in these last 2 games from side to side than when we had TB who would attack down the one side far to often and continually picked the same rubbish teams week in week out for the same results. He had to go.