NEW BULLDOGS COACH SET FOR BIG BOOST

Mrbulldogs89

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet if so I’ll delete this thread

In other news, while the situation may be dire at Belmore, Brent Read has good news for the next full-time coach at the Bulldogs.

The results may not be coming right now but with an already much-improved roster starting to take shape, Read told Triple Mthat the new coach could walk into a very attractive situation in 2024.
Depending on the salary cap, they could have six-to-seven million dollars to spend,” he said.

Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr have already made big-money moves to Belmore, with Reed Mahoney and Viliame Kikau also set to join the club next season.

It already makes for a promising future to build around and Read said the $6-7 million war chest could see the Bulldogs come into contention for some of the league’s biggest names.

“That brings in guys like [Cameron] Munster and Payne Haas,” he said.

“There were lots of rumours about Gus meeting with Payne Haas’ management. There was a whisper last month about Munster. All those guys are on the table given the salary cap space in 2024.
The new coach, whoever gets the job, there might be 12 more months of difficulty but in 2024, you’re going to have blue skies, lots of money to spend and a really good quality squad. I think it’s a pretty attractive job.”

Current NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler has been heavily-linked to the role, although he dodged questions about his interest in it on Tuesday.

“I’ll be coaching the Blues in a couple of weeks,” Fittler said onSEN 1170 Breakfast.

“I think I’ll stick to the Blues. “I’ve got one job at the moment, that’s the walk with Royce and then the next one is to coach the Blues in a couple of weeks.”

Exciting times ahead hopefully I hope we don’t sign Fittler don’t think his the right man for this job I think it should be Flanagan he would be best suited for the club!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wish they stopped with the Fittler rumour. No more rookie coaches ffs. Coaching an origin side that's all star players isn't the same thing as coaching a fg side at the bottom of the table. Walters is going ok but they would be down in the basement with us without Reynolds.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
PLAYERS OFF CONTRACT 2023 – BY POSITION

A complete list of NRL players off contract in 2023 by playing position.

CENTRE

Paul Alamoti, Jake Averillo, Zane Bijorac, Waqa Blake, Jed Cartwright, Stephen Crichton, Oliver Gildart, Morgan Harper, Patrick Herbert, Peta Hiku, Hymel Hunt, Matt Ikuvalu, Brian Kelly, Marcelo Montoya, Brent Naden, Tesi Niu, Justin Olam, Brad Parker, Will Penisini, Adam Pompey, Jesse Ramien, Billy Smith, Harley Smith-Shields, Izack Tago, Jenson Taumoepeau, Valynce Te Whare, Enari Tuala, Dominic Young

28 players off contract

FULLBACK

Corey Allan, Jesse Arthars, Selwyn Cobbo, Adam Doueihi, Scott Drinkwater, Bailey Hodgson, Albert Hopoate, William Kennedy, Daine Laurie, Moses Mbye, Nick Meaney, Latrell Mitchell, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Sean Russell, Will Smith, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Starford To'a, Kaeo Weekes

18 players off contract

FIVE-EIGHTH

Dylan Brown, Tyson Gamble, Jackson Hastings, Adam Keighran, Kurt Mann, Cameron Munster, Paul Turner, Cody Walker

8 players off contract

HALFBACK

Jakob Arthur, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Luke Brooks, Jake Clifford, Adam Clune, Kyle Flanagan, Ben Hunt, Drew Hutchison, Lachlan Ilias, Shaun Johnson, Lachlan Miller, Kodi Nikorima, Cory Paix, Jonah Pezet, Brad Schneider, Blake Taaffe, Braydon Trindall, Sam Walker, Tyran Wishart

19 players off contract

HOOKER

Erin Clark, Damien Cook, Joshua Cook, Lachlan Croker, Jake Granville, Siliva Havili, Kobe Hetherington, Jacob Liddle, Soni Luke, Jeremy Marshall-King, Andrew McCullough, Chris Randall, Reece Robson

13 players off contract

LOCK

Nathan Brown, Tyrone Peachey, Victor Radley, Hame Sele, Joseph Tapine, Jazz Tevaga, Connor Watson

7 players off contract

PROP

Bunty Afoa, Josh Aloiai, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Renouf Atoni, Ethan Bullemor, George Burgess, Thomas Burgess, JJ Collins, Thomas Flegler, Jordan Grant, Wiremu Greig, Emre Guler, Jack Hetherington, David Hollis, Corey Jensen, Tui Kamikamica, Josh Kerr, Josh King, David Klemmer, Liam Knight, Blake Lawrie, Spencer Leniu, Matthew Lodge, Tepai Moeroa, Griffin Neame, Joe Ofahengaue, Chris Patolo, Aaron Pene, Ava Seumanufagai, Tukimihia Simpkins, Toafofoa Sipley, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Leo Thompson, Luke Thompson, Alec Tuitavake, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Aaron Woods

37 players off contract

SECOND-ROW

Fletcher Baker, Shawn Blore, Egan Butcher, Bryce Cartwright, Ben Condon, David Fifita, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Tyson Frizell, Tyrell Fuimaono, Jacob Host, Josh Jackson, Jack Johns, Brodie Jones, Shaun Lane, Trent Loiero, Liam Martin, Sam McIntyre, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Jeremiah Nanai, Riley Price, Harry Rushton, Alex Seyfarth, Tariq Sims, Bayley Sironen, Scott Sorensen, Siosifa Talakai, Ben Trbojevic, Joseph Vuna, Corey Waddell, Teig Wilton

30 players off contract

WING

Braidon Burns, Sosefo Fifita, Reuben Garrick, Thomas Jenkins, Sione Katoa, Asu Kepaoa, Alofiana Khan-Pereira, Edward Kosi, Brenko Lee, Greg Marzhew, Laitia Moceidreke, Ronaldo Mulitalo, Jayden Okunbor, Jordan Pereira, Ethan Quai-Ward, Jordan Rapana, Jason Saab, Xavier Savage, Maika Sivo, Charlie Staines, Murray Taulagi, Corey Thompson, Daniel Tupou, Will Warbrick

24 players off contract

Malla

Reaction score
Wish they stopped with the Fittler rumour. No more rookie coaches ffs. Coaching an origin side that's all star players isn't the same thing as coaching a fg side at the bottom of the table. Walters is going ok but they would be down in the basement with us without Reynolds.
Technically he isn't a rookie coach, but he's not what we need. Flanno plsssss

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Finally a journalist that is objective and doesn't have an agenda that points out how much cap space we'll have as well as two of the best players at their position joining in Mahoney and Kikau..

Any coach should be jumping at the opportunity considering the size of the club and how much potential there is to improve a lot in the next year or two.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said a few days ago that the Payne Haas link never lost legs even after the media quoted Phil Gould as saying “you’re not worth $1m”
I believe Payne will end up at the Dogs and not the Roosters like everyone seems to think is a sure bet.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PLAYERS OFF CONTRACT 2023 – BY POSITION

A complete list of NRL players off contract in 2023 by playing position.

CENTRE

Paul Alamoti, Jake Averillo, Zane Bijorac, Waqa Blake, Jed Cartwright, Stephen Crichton, Oliver Gildart, Morgan Harper, Patrick Herbert, Peta Hiku, Hymel Hunt, Matt Ikuvalu, Brian Kelly, Marcelo Montoya, Brent Naden, Tesi Niu, Justin Olam, Brad Parker, Will Penisini, Adam Pompey, Jesse Ramien, Billy Smith, Harley Smith-Shields, Izack Tago, Jenson Taumoepeau, Valynce Te Whare, Enari Tuala, Dominic Young

28 players off contract

FULLBACK

Corey Allan, Jesse Arthars, Selwyn Cobbo, Adam Doueihi, Scott Drinkwater, Bailey Hodgson, Albert Hopoate, William Kennedy, Daine Laurie, Moses Mbye, Nick Meaney, Latrell Mitchell, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Sean Russell, Will Smith, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Starford To'a, Kaeo Weekes

18 players off contract

FIVE-EIGHTH

Dylan Brown, Tyson Gamble, Jackson Hastings, Adam Keighran, Kurt Mann, Cameron Munster, Paul Turner, Cody Walker

8 players off contract

HALFBACK

Jakob Arthur, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Luke Brooks, Jake Clifford, Adam Clune, Kyle Flanagan, Ben Hunt, Drew Hutchison, Lachlan Ilias, Shaun Johnson, Lachlan Miller, Kodi Nikorima, Cory Paix, Jonah Pezet, Brad Schneider, Blake Taaffe, Braydon Trindall, Sam Walker, Tyran Wishart

19 players off contract

HOOKER

Erin Clark, Damien Cook, Joshua Cook, Lachlan Croker, Jake Granville, Siliva Havili, Kobe Hetherington, Jacob Liddle, Soni Luke, Jeremy Marshall-King, Andrew McCullough, Chris Randall, Reece Robson

13 players off contract

LOCK

Nathan Brown, Tyrone Peachey, Victor Radley, Hame Sele, Joseph Tapine, Jazz Tevaga, Connor Watson

7 players off contract

PROP

Bunty Afoa, Josh Aloiai, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Renouf Atoni, Ethan Bullemor, George Burgess, Thomas Burgess, JJ Collins, Thomas Flegler, Jordan Grant, Wiremu Greig, Emre Guler, Jack Hetherington, David Hollis, Corey Jensen, Tui Kamikamica, Josh Kerr, Josh King, David Klemmer, Liam Knight, Blake Lawrie, Spencer Leniu, Matthew Lodge, Tepai Moeroa, Griffin Neame, Joe Ofahengaue, Chris Patolo, Aaron Pene, Ava Seumanufagai, Tukimihia Simpkins, Toafofoa Sipley, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Leo Thompson, Luke Thompson, Alec Tuitavake, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Aaron Woods

37 players off contract

SECOND-ROW

Fletcher Baker, Shawn Blore, Egan Butcher, Bryce Cartwright, Ben Condon, David Fifita, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Tyson Frizell, Tyrell Fuimaono, Jacob Host, Josh Jackson, Jack Johns, Brodie Jones, Shaun Lane, Trent Loiero, Liam Martin, Sam McIntyre, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Jeremiah Nanai, Riley Price, Harry Rushton, Alex Seyfarth, Tariq Sims, Bayley Sironen, Scott Sorensen, Siosifa Talakai, Ben Trbojevic, Joseph Vuna, Corey Waddell, Teig Wilton

30 players off contract

WING

Braidon Burns, Sosefo Fifita, Reuben Garrick, Thomas Jenkins, Sione Katoa, Asu Kepaoa, Alofiana Khan-Pereira, Edward Kosi, Brenko Lee, Greg Marzhew, Laitia Moceidreke, Ronaldo Mulitalo, Jayden Okunbor, Jordan Pereira, Ethan Quai-Ward, Jordan Rapana, Jason Saab, Xavier Savage, Maika Sivo, Charlie Staines, Murray Taulagi, Corey Thompson, Daniel Tupou, Will Warbrick

24 players off contract
Ouffff oufffff look at you LOL. Well done on this list.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
LOLLLL just take the credit geez
Haha you're too kind sir. There's not THAT much available but I'm sure Gus can work it out.

I did see Olam is off contract 2023 but hopefully our young centres come good.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm, half back isn’t too good to be honest.

With 6-7 mill I’d be looking at guys like

Cobbo (Broncs will keep him though) or Crichton
Drinkwater (half or FB)
Munster (Gotta a least be at the negotiation)
Payne Haas
Spencer Leniu
Scott Sorenson
Talakai
Taylan May
Emre Guler

- you won’t get them all (maybe none) but you’d make an offer

I’d keep Ava for cheap
I’d keep BBO and Averillo on low ball figures
I’d keep young talent coming through: Alamoti, Casey, Topine, Morrin, Hottman, Toia, Kiraz etc