New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay’s position bombshells to revive Dogs of war in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And is anyone missing Jim Dymock...his time was up years ago sadly ( i dont like to bag ex bulldogs).
Pay seems to be a real coach with real ideas, big kegs and has already earnt the players respect

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
There were a few people on here saying it, so he can “tackle all day”......but they were forgetting that there’s also another part of the game called attack..
Yup! I'm one of those you're referin to.

The reason i say it is because you have an average player in tolman who has been given an extension which i don't totally agree with, but in saying that he does have a handful of positives that you can't argue with.
To have a bloke that's on fairly decent coin thnx to our good mate des, not starting and being used efficiently (as good coach's would do) would be abit foolish imo, even if he starts the game at lock and gets shuffled around where it needs to be, than having a player of his calibre coming from the bench - just aint effective in todays game.

If tolman was not in the team Elliot would definitely be an ideal 13. I've always liked him since he's hit the scene mainly his enthusiasm and strength.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And is anyone missing Jim Dymock...his time was up years ago sadly ( i dont like to bag ex bulldogs).
Pay seems to be a real coach with real ideas, big kegs and has already earnt the players respect
I have to say that Dib definitely made the right choice appointing Pay ahead of Dymock. We needed a fresh start.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The reason i say it is because you have an average player in tolman who has been given an extension which i don't totally agree with, but in saying that he does have a handful of positives that you can't argue with.
To have a bloke that's on fairly decent coin thnx to our good mate des, not starting and being used efficiently (as good coach's would do) would be abit foolish imo, even if he starts the game at lock and gets shuffled around where it needs to be, than having a player of his calibre coming from the bench - just aint effective in todays game.

If tolman was not in the team Elliot would definitely be an ideal 13. I've always liked him since he's hit the scene mainly his enthusiasm and strength.
I agree mate. I was of the belief tolman should be the 13. But i guess the cap includes all players, so as long as he is in the team his money isnt wasted.
I think elliot is more worthwhile long term in the 13, and who knows, maybe tolman can change it up and offer a lot off the bench. Time will tell.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Tualau is a must. Klemmer won't be able to last the 80mins....well, I mean he won't have the same impact over the course of the 80mins.
We need Tualau due to his size and hard running just like Klem. Give him the last ten of the first half and first 15mins of the second half then bring back Klem.
I rather have Fualalo as lock as geez he reminds me a lot of Talmalolo and Talmalolo usually plays lock for the Cows.
Noticed that no one is mentioning Eastwood. I know that Elliott is young but I am not a big fan due to his poor ball handling.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

So you are saying he ‘deserves’ a spot because he is getting paid more... wow.

And he has no impact whether he’s starting or running on in the 79th minute.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
I agree mate. I was of the belief tolman should be the 13. But i guess the cap includes all players, so as long as he is in the team his money isnt wasted.
I think elliot is more worthwhile long term in the 13, and who knows, maybe tolman can change it up and offer a lot off the bench. Time will tell.
Yeh man sounds good

N

Natboy

You always pick your best team, not who is paid the most. T-Rex was lucky Des had your logic

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
You always pick your best team, not who is paid the most. T-Rex was lucky Des had your logic
Lol! What? Just think for a moment what you just delivered....
Every bit of your reply is just wrong.
T-rex had your logic haha...

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Tolman is not as shit as everyone says. He deserves a place somewhere in the team. Im happy if its off the bench or wherever dean wants him. He will quite valuable come origin too.
Yes he's no world beater but he's a hard working soldier, unfortunately he doesn't possess the flair everyone expects.

Alot of people think they're playing supercoach or watever that game is

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tolman off the bench in the 4th minute? off in 40th, back on in 44th?

and there's no way Eastwood will not start at #13. Possibly recovering from injury he'll come on off the bench, but fully fit he will be in the #13 jersey. People who think otherwise are jaded.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry I can’t hack Elliot and he’s had his chance
Don’t want him anywhere near the 17

I’d go either

11. Martin
12. Rfm
13. Jacko

Or

11. Jacko
12. Rfm
13. Tolman

Martin bench

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry I can’t hack Elliot and he’s had his chance
Don’t want him anywhere near the 17

I’d go either

11. Martin
12. Rfm
13. Jacko

Or

11. Jacko
12. Rfm
13. Tolman

Martin bench
Elliot will come good, mark my words. And i cant wait to see you eat yours. How you can be so critical of someone who has played one season in the top grade yet still nailed down a starting spot is pretty much rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.