Opinion Never been as despondent over the last 45 years

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Disappointing to see people saying move Jackson on. Sure he is having a bad season but come on, look at our piece of fucking shit team and squad. You could have Jason Taumalolo on Jacksons edge and Cogger would still not be able to put Taumalolo in good a position to do anything other than a run. We need the obvious a 9, 7 or 6 and some decent backs. If Jackson moved on I hope it would be to the Roosters or Storm where he can win comp, he deserves it. Plus don't get me started on that idiot Pay, our players are going backwards or have just stagnated in developing.
our squad and its ability has little or nothing to do with his individual effort.. some of his efforts have heavily contributed to our losses .. The one on one missed tackles this year have lead to tries.. and his work rate is not outstanding by any means.. Im not saying we have to move him on , however action needs to be taken , whether its sending him on a holiday to collect his thoughts and get his body right or having a stint in reggies ..

One thing is for sure, he is our captain and he certainly is not leading by example

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All this don't take it so seriously talk and get a life rubbish is just nonsense. Of course we all have lives outside of footy. But being passionate and having a life aren't mutually exclusive. You can be happy with your life and still hate the fact that your football club had gotten worse every year for the past five or more years and is now at rock bottom.

If we didn't care and said we were going to not watch or attend games and cancel memberships, then we'd be accused of being fairweather fans.

People think some of us are being irrational and impatient. I think fives years of regression, the club missing the finals for the past three years and not winning a comp for 15 plus years is plenty patient. We don't expect to win the comp or even make the finals this year, we just want to see the team progress and not sink further into the abyss led by an incompetent coach.

Last edited:

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still seething that on a day that was in memory of Folksey, these fucking pussy's should have gone hammer and tongs at the storm all afternoon. Totally the opposite. Wield the axe on the coach first stop and then wield the axe on the players that don't want to be there.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All this don't take it so seriously talk and get a life rubbish is just nonsense.
I respect your view. But not everybody sees it the way you do. And not everybody sees it the way I do.
Everybody is different. It doesn't make anyone more or less of a Bulldog supporter.
It's just the way it is, people can brush it off and people can't.
I have deep emotional roots tied into our club.
I remember crying after the 1986 GF loss to the Eels.
I look back now and laugh at that.
Bottom line, they got us hook, line and Sinker.
It's a business and we buy into it. The foxtel subscriptions, the merchandise, the season tickets, Tab Sports bet etc.
It's an addiction...the more we follow the more we get hurt.

Do you honestly think the club/team/players care about me or you? The supporters don't mean shit to them, even though they say they care, but they don't. That's the reality my friend

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still it's only just footy.

But I do understand in that footy and the dogs give people hope. Being part of a winning club gives a person a winning feeling and to a certain degree their outlook on life may somewhat be better. It's a sense of achievement.

But in saying that, footy shouldn't be the be all end all in someones life. Members should focus on their families, careers, hobbies, other sports and IF they are religious then concentratre on their faith a little will do a world of good for their self esteem.

Man some on here need to get out a little more. Go for a walk in the park, smell the fresh air, do some pull ups, sit ups and push ups, find a hobby, invest in shares or property, work towards a goal.

Anyway that's my rant, ill get back to work now and shut up....lol
I know ppl in wheelchairs I know kids that are born with a lot of challenges to them and their carers to go to the footy is life means a hell of a lot thick and thin it’s not just a game to you to me it is to them it’s everything

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know ppl in wheelchairs I know kids that are born with a lot of challenges to them and their carers to go to the footy is life means a hell of a lot thick and thin it’s not just a game to you to me it is to them it’s everything
By all means, I respect that, and if it brings s smile to their faces and a warm fuzzy feeling inside then I’m all for it. 100% what ever brings them joy I’m a big supporter of that.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I respect your view. But not everybody sees it the way you do. And not everybody sees it the way I do.
Everybody is different. It doesn't make anyone more or less of a Bulldog supporter.
It's just the way it is, people can brush it off and people can't.
I have deep emotional roots tied into our club.
I remember crying after the 1986 GF loss to the Eels.
I look back now and laugh at that.
Bottom line, they got us hook, line and Sinker.
It's a business and we buy into it. The foxtel subscriptions, the merchandise, the season tickets, Tab Sports bet etc.
It's an addiction...the more we follow the more we get hurt.

Do you honestly think the club/team/players care about me or you? The supporters don't mean shit to them, even though they say they care, but they don't. That's the reality my friend
Well said. I agree that they don't care about us. It's obvious. And they clearly don't care about winning anymore either. That's the problem...

But we're ones that keep the club alive and eventually when there is enough fan uproar and call for change, changes come. It happened with Dib, Castle and Hasler and it should happen to Pay and maybe also Hill and the Andersons if they don't do their job effectively.

If they fire Pay and announce some decent signings, no one will care that we finish last because at least action was taken and we'd be headed in the right direction.

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m disgusted with the crap coming out these days. I’m close not to extending a 10+ year running membership (I’m only early 30’s) so long time for me
i let mine go last year and will not renew till there is some change.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still reckon Communist Life Control is a negative impact on society.
Their poshathon is our national wet blanket.
Lets wreck everything mentality sucks.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dean pay was always a dumb choice.
Part of the reason for that decision lies with the pressure fans put on the previous administration team. I didn't like the idea of signing Pay. But many applauded the choice. A good portion of them are probably now calling for him to be sacked. If we don't start converting the close games to wins before the season ends the board will make a tough call. Even if we don't sack him he may be denoted to an assistant coach.

You really are missing the point.

You are concentrating on one game that you think refereeing decisions cost us. I agree the refereeing was ordinary on Sunday, but the fact is our guys look clueless in attack all year and most of the year are soft in defence.

And this year is not the first. It is a build up of inept performances over the last five years. Couple that with the squad we have now and the next five years look grim as well.

Can anyone honestly say we are moving forward in any way?

I was all for the last board to be thrown out. But this board are deafening in their silence. Not to mention the fact that I can barely remember ever seeing Andrew Hill on any media.

I am like a lot of people in that I am blasé about our results now. Five years of boring play and idiots at the wheel will do that to you. Don't worry about relocation, we are turning into Parramatta.
I think we're probably moving forward with junior development. Just increasing our scouting area should hopefully have a positive effect.... Eventually. Unfortunately it's not increasing the happiness level of our fans. But the board had little chance to improve the roster now, so they've implemented stage one of a long term plan. Getting a better roster together is hopefully going to start through this season.

And for the sake of argument would people prefer Hill to front the media every other week and talk crap or to work hard at doing what may help us improve in future. I had enough of listening to Castle and Dib talking crap.

All this don't take it so seriously talk and get a life rubbish is just nonsense. Of course we all have lives outside of footy. But being passionate and having a life aren't mutually exclusive. You can be happy with your life and still hate the fact that your football club had gotten worse every year for the past five or more years and is now at rock bottom.

If we didn't care and said we were going to not watch or attend games and cancel memberships, then we'd be accused of being fairweather fans.

People think some of us are being irrational and impatient. I think fives years of regression, the club missing the finals for the past three years and not winning a comp for 15 plus years is plenty patient. We don't expect to win the comp or even make the finals this year, we just want to see the team progress and not sink further into the abyss led by an incompetent coach.
In fairness to this board they're not going about things like the administration teams since we were caught up in the cap scandal. They're rebuilding a system that had us at the top for many years prior to getting caught cheating the cap. We didn't splash out big money on outside recruitment back then. We just struggled to retain the players we recruited or developed when they'd progressed through a wonderful system. It shouldn't be ignored that Chris Anderson was instrumental in laying the foundations that set Melbourne up for success. I'm hoping that the same blueprint on how to build and maintain a healthy roster pays off for us in a few years. But first step in all of this had to be tearing down the parts of the system that weren't working. We had to dump the deadwood from the roster, junior development and recruitment rooms. I'm eager for improvement on the field, but I am realistic about the fact that with a squad dominated by inexperience, that some things would only improve with time.

I honestly don't know if Pay will take us forward. But an inexperienced roster that's copping every poor call imaginable on field isn't going to take leaps and bounds in becoming successful. Improvement is going to be made inches at a time until we can improve key positions in the roster. Hopefully we snare some good players for the positions in need. But realistically we have quite a lot of positions to improve and I'd rather we did it in a rational way that doesn't leave us in cap trouble again in a season or two. It would be better in my opinion to suffer for the next season but move forward in a way that could lead to five or ten years of superb football.

I am labouring the point about this, but the board is building from the ground up right now with what I think are long term plans. It's pissing me off when we lose. But we've seen that throwing big money at players in the hope of getting short term solutions has failed badly. The rot began when we moved on the board who got caught cheating the cap and for the first time in 15ish years we have a board in place that seems to be working at cutting out the rot and rebuilding the club using the same recipe for success that gave seasoned fans high expectations.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still seething that on a day that was in memory of Folksey, these fucking pussy's should have gone hammer and tongs at the storm all afternoon. Totally the opposite. Wield the axe on the coach first stop and then wield the axe on the players that don't want to be there.
I agree. I also wonder how much did Pay share with current players the history of the Belmore days with past players. Did he bring any of them in during the week to share some memories and to show how much the ground means to the ex players and fans. A bit of inspiration to help lift them. I doubt it, right?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Disappointing to see people saying move Jackson on. Sure he is having a bad season but come on, look at our piece of fucking shit team and squad. You could have Jason Taumalolo on Jacksons edge and Cogger would still not be able to put Taumalolo in good a position to do anything other than a run. We need the obvious a 9, 7 or 6 and some decent backs. If Jackson moved on I hope it would be to the Roosters or Storm where he can win comp, he deserves it. Plus don't get me started on that idiot Pay, our players are going backwards or have just stagnated in developing.
No sorry i think it was either the titans game or the one before. Cogger actually ran to the line drew the defenders in and the gap opened right up... yet Jackson hit the outside line and complete butchered a guaranteed line break. I love Jacko but he can't run a line for shit these days.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I also wonder how much did Pay share with current players the history of the Belmore days with past players. Did he bring any of them in during the week to share some memories and to show how much the ground means to the ex players and fans. A bit of inspiration to help lift them. I doubt it, right?
He's dead set rubbish.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I think we need results fast are the NRL in its 2018-2022 strategic plan outlined expansion plans but not before 2023.

My opinion (remember opinions are like assholes everybody has one) on each clubs likelihood of being up for discussion in relationship to possible relocation is:

1) New Zealand Warriors - possibility but will stay for the sake of rugby league in NZ and the international game.

2) Gold Coast Titans - possibility but will remain in this growth area and as a current second team in South Queensland which is necessary.

3) Cronulla – Possibility as St George Illawarra in theory has the Southern Sydney & South Coast area but they have been successful recently.

4) Manly - only team north of the harbour in Sydney but perhaps a relocation to the Central Coast will capture this large area for the NRL. Plus supporters don’t travel over the bridge.

5) Wests Tigers - need to rebrand themselves as South West Tigers and permanently base themselves at Campbelltown. Anyone who has been out south west recently will realise this is a major growth area that can’t be lost for the NRL. They also agreed to a merger in the past as a guarantee of survival.

6) St George Illawarra – control’s the Southern Sydney & South Coast area plus also agreed to a merger in the past as a guarantee of survival.

7) North Queensland – necessary as only team north of Brisbane.

8) Brisbane- Not going anywhere only team currently in the Queensland capital city.

9) Storm - Not going anywhere only team currently in Victoria.

10) Parramatta – possibility but won’t go anywhere as the government has built them a brand new stadium.

11) Penrith – possibility but has a large junior nursery to consider.

12) Canberra - Not going anywhere only team currently in the ACT.

13) Newcastle - Not going anywhere only team currently in the second largest area outside of Sydney in NSW.

14) Easts – recently successful and will continue to be as they manage their salary cap well.

15) Souths - recently successful and will continue to be and also manage their salary cap well

16) Bulldogs – possibility but has financial leagues club and a solid fanbase everywhere, but has not been successful recently.

Plus we can't expect any support from the Daily Telegraph or other clubs supporters marching in the streets as they did for Souths.

We need to position ourselves in the Easts & Souths corner, financially stable, managing our salary cap well and be recently successful so there is no talk about being sacrificed in some way.

Last edited:

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I think we need results fast are the NRL in its 2018-2022 strategic plan outlined expansion plans but not before 2023.

My opinion (remember opinions are like assholes everybody has one) on each clubs likelihood of being up for discussion in relationship to possible relocation is:

1) New Zealand Warriors - possibility but will stay for the sake of rugby league in NZ and the international game.

2) Gold Coast Titans - possibility but will remain in this growth area and as a current second team in South Queensland which is necessary.

3) Cronulla – Possibility as St George Illawarra in theory has the Southern Sydney & South Coast area but they have been successful recently.

4) Manly - only team north of the harbour in NSW but perhaps a relocation to the Central Coast will capture this large area for the NRL. Plus supporters don’t travel over the bridge.

5) Wests Tigers - need to rebrand themselves as South West Tigers and permanently base themselves at Campbelltown. Anyone who has been out south west recently will realise this is a major growth area that can’t be lost for the NRL. They also agreed to a merger in the past as a guarantee of survival.

6) St George Illawarra – control’s the Southern Sydney & South Coast area plus also agreed to a merger in the past as a guarantee of survival.

8) Brisbane- Not going anywhere only team currently in the Queensland capital city.

10) Parramatta – possibility but won’t go anywhere as the government has built them a brand new stadium.

12) Easts – recently successful and will continue to be as they manage their salary cap well.

13) Souths - recently successful and will continue to be and also manage their salary cap well

14) Bulldogs – possibility but has financial leagues club and a solid fanbase everywhere, but has not been successful recently.

Plus we can't expect any support from the Daily Telegraph or other clubs supporters marching in the streets as they did for Souths.

We need to position ourselves in the Easts & Souths corner, financially stable, managing our salary cap well and be recently successful so there is no talk about being sacrificed in some way.
There is a real possibility the dogs could be muscled out of Sydney in the future.

The dogs have been asleep at the wheel over the last few years while other Sydney clubs have been plotting with big hitters in the media, business and government support. It’s no coincidence that we get purely negative media, terrible decisions in games, shitty draws and unfair treatment all round...this is a cut throat business and some big players are gunning for the dogs

Here’s a small but perfect example...can you imagine if Hargreaves hit on Ponga was Dylan Napa... it would be front page news with people calling for him to be rubbed out of the game and minimum 6 week suspension....instead people are calling for no suspension at all...it’s purely because he’s a Roosters player

Dogs have got to get their shit together ASAP...I do believe the current board will succeed but the task is monumental and urgent

Dean Pay is not the problem...he’s taking a lot of heat but our current situation really has nothing to do with Dean Pay...he’s just walked into a firestorm, I give him credit for that.

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

4) Manly - only team north of the harbour in NSW but perhaps a relocation to the Central Coast will capture this large area for the NRL. Plus supporters don’t travel over the bridge.

12) Easts – recently successful and will continue to be as they manage their salary cap well.

13) Souths - recently successful and will continue to be and also manage their salary cap well

14) Bulldogs – possibility but has financial leagues club and a solid fanbase everywhere, but has not been successful recently.

Who would have the balls to tell all the Muslims they are having their local team ripped out of their community while at the same time wanting them to integrate with our culture/society??

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dean Pay is the issue

The Board are asleep at the wheel

They let the media , rival clubs and the NRL shit on us

They let Klemmer walk and asked Knights for fk all

May as well call us The Canterbury Bankstown Bitches

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Part of the reason for that decision lies with the pressure fans put on the previous administration team. I didn't like the idea of signing Pay. But many applauded the choice. A good portion of them are probably now calling for him to be sacked. If we don't start converting the close games to wins before the season ends the board will make a tough call. Even if we don't sack him he may be denoted to an assistant coach.

I think we're probably moving forward with junior development. Just increasing our scouting area should hopefully have a positive effect.... Eventually. Unfortunately it's not increasing the happiness level of our fans. But the board had little chance to improve the roster now, so they've implemented stage one of a long term plan. Getting a better roster together is hopefully going to start through this season.

And for the sake of argument would people prefer Hill to front the media every other week and talk crap or to work hard at doing what may help us improve in future. I had enough of listening to Castle and Dib talking crap.

In fairness to this board they're not going about things like the administration teams since we were caught up in the cap scandal. They're rebuilding a system that had us at the top for many years prior to getting caught cheating the cap. We didn't splash out big money on outside recruitment back then. We just struggled to retain the players we recruited or developed when they'd progressed through a wonderful system. It shouldn't be ignored that Chris Anderson was instrumental in laying the foundations that set Melbourne up for success. I'm hoping that the same blueprint on how to build and maintain a healthy roster pays off for us in a few years. But first step in all of this had to be tearing down the parts of the system that weren't working. We had to dump the deadwood from the roster, junior development and recruitment rooms. I'm eager for improvement on the field, but I am realistic about the fact that with a squad dominated by inexperience, that some things would only improve with time.

I honestly don't know if Pay will take us forward. But an inexperienced roster that's copping every poor call imaginable on field isn't going to take leaps and bounds in becoming successful. Improvement is going to be made inches at a time until we can improve key positions in the roster. Hopefully we snare some good players for the positions in need. But realistically we have quite a lot of positions to improve and I'd rather we did it in a rational way that doesn't leave us in cap trouble again in a season or two. It would be better in my opinion to suffer for the next season but move forward in a way that could lead to five or ten years of superb football.

I am labouring the point about this, but the board is building from the ground up right now with what I think are long term plans. It's pissing me off when we lose. But we've seen that throwing big money at players in the hope of getting short term solutions has failed badly. The rot began when we moved on the board who got caught cheating the cap and for the first time in 15ish years we have a board in place that seems to be working at cutting out the rot and rebuilding the club using the same recipe for success that gave seasoned fans high expectations.
So you are saying the Dib led board cheated the cap. What is the basis of that slanderous accusation