Negotiations update

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We tried last year, but we insulted him and his manager with a ridiculous offer, and he wanted 70k more, and still wasnt asking much.

i dont know monetary details, the good oil here doesnt extend that far, but im guessing he was asking for 250 and we offered 180
He’s currently on $400k at the cowboys according to media reports.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently Cam Smith is retiring, Paul Kent and co were banging on about how the NRL isn’t making a big deal considering this game could be the last we see of Cam Smith as a player in the NRL.
I think thats just PK spinning it a different way to try and find out what he is doing.
I dont think PK knows what CS is doing to be honest.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think thats just PK spinning it a different way to try and find out what he is doing.
I dont think PK knows what CS is doing to be honest.
i donbt think cam smith knows either.

This is what i think,
There will be criticism that he has left it too late, but he will stall and stall until ikin is appointed, and he signs a 2 year deal (player option yr 2) with the brisbane broncos, or maybe (but i doubt it) the gold coast titans.

Cam smith bought a house in the GC recently, and bellamy reportedly going to do consultation work up there in 22, who will likely hook smith into coaching. You are a long time retired and cam is still playing well. Cronk shown the one team thing is a little overrated.

Also remember ikin was strongly pushig for smith at broncos a few months back.

All this may be void if storm win the flag this year.

Save this msg and lets see.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
said it before but id love to push Hoppa for a JAC swap. i think a deal can be done, they need centres, we need black pace. Hoppa still considered a good player.

@bradtalo as it sounds like your insider has actual influence, as opposed to my 'fly on the wall' guy/s, are you able to suggest that idea?

any freight can be offset by just securing takairangi for a year.
I'd love to get JAC (as a fullback) and move Hopa on but we'd be very short for centres next year if we did. I asked about JAC and was hoping to hear that we're interested but the guy I talk to was told apparently (I presume by Andrew Hill) simply that JAC was asking for too much money. I read a post on here by someone else that Barrett is talking to JAC. I hope that's correct and maybe Hill and the guy I know aren't aware of that yet. My contact has known Barrett also for a few years but doesn't exactly speak to him every day (especially at the moment while Barrett is pretty busy with the Panthers).

I wish we could swap DWZ for JAC but Bellamy isn't that stupid. Even Reimis could go but there would be a big money difference. Bellamy could be interested in Okunbor after he ran over Cameron Smith twice in that game a couple of years ago but I think Okunbor is ahead of both Reimis and DWZ now and we should probably keep him. Give them both Remis and DWZ and bring in either Crichton or Katoa on the other wing.

1 JAC
2 Okunbor
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 Katoa / Chrichton
6 Averillo
7 Flanagan

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd love to get JAC (as a fullback) and move Hopa on but we'd be very short for centres next year if we did. I asked about JAC and was hoping to hear that we're interested but the guy I talk to was told apparently (I presume by Andrew Hill) simply that JAC was asking for too much money. I read a post on here by someone else that Barrett is talking to JAC. I hope that's correct and maybe Hill and the guy I know aren't aware of that yet. My contact has known Barrett also for a few years but doesn't exactly speak to him every day (especially at the moment while Barrett is pretty busy with the Panthers).

I wish we could swap DWZ for JAC but Bellamy isn't that stupid. Even Reimis could go but there would be a big money difference. Bellamy could be interested in Okunbor after he ran over Cameron Smith twice in that game a couple of years ago but I think Okunbor is ahead of both Reimis and DWZ now and we should probably keep him. Give them both Remis and DWZ and bring in either Crichton or Katoa on the other wing.

1 JAC
2 Okunbor
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 Katoa / Chrichton
6 Averillo
7 Flanagan
I didn't think of okenbor. I woudnt mind swapping him, my instinct is he's too much like Idris and won't kick on much further. I generally lean to favouringvtbe estavlished good player over the youngsters who could go either way. Sometimes that can be Thurston disaster move, but I think backing the kid is often more a cook situation

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
I think grant will sign with us more so than B smith situation storm will keep Brandon

We may have the qld 9 going to be good if he does come

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we need to get off the JAC wagon. Focus must be ensuring the Flanagan/Burton pairing and securing a quality hooker. I believe that Avo will be our FB moving forward. I also think Meaney needs to be on the wing before Okunbor or Smith.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need to get off the JAC wagon. Focus must be ensuring the Flanagan/Burton pairing and securing a quality hooker. I believe that Avo will be our FB moving forward. I also think Meaney needs to be on the wing before Okunbor or Smith.
100%, with the figures floating around of JAC’s asking price we could probably get burton and Flanagan for the same amount - especially if the roosters are tipping in 100k. Would much rather two young spine players we can build a team around than a winger

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think is is pretty much spot on actually.

Only thing I'm caught on is Avo. I just don't know whether the club sees him as a fullback considering that we went relatively hard for Staines and seemingly JAC? Do they really see him as a fullback?

Same could be said about 5/8 considering we're apparently tying up Flanagan and going very hard for Burton. Where is Avo's future?

But, do agree that it's VITAL that we tie down Burton/Flanagan and a hooker.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made a few dot points:
1. Nasheed is an idiot with a fuckin stupid avatar
2. No one is stupid enough to swap any of our duds for ado Carr can’t see it happening
3.meaney is not a winger
4. Cam smith heard was retiring he would getting into a coaching role of some sort they won’t let Harry grant go especially if bellamy is coach next season more chance of getting Brandon Smith if anything

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we are a powerhouse club.. not right now but when we are up we are a Melbourne, Brisbane And a Roosters after all.
Thsi feels so distant I just can't see that being the case anymore.
We haven't won a comp since 2004 and even then it was on the back of cheating