National eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would i be able to play for NZ considering my cousin worked there for a few years?

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did your cousin commute every day or did he stay there through the week and come home on weekends or did he stay there full time. Because that might make a difference. Also, can you play? HTH

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My cousin stayed there full time.

Thats like asking if i like anal.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eligibility is a joke in SOO and international league. Seems the players will just play for another country because they aren't good enough to play for their own.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I might try out for Kazakhstan

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Eligibility is a joke in SOO and international league. Seems the players will just play for another country because they aren't good enough to play for their own.
Or that there is too many to pick from, there is nothing wrong playing for your background and your state in the same year to me really.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or that there is too many to pick from, there is nothing wrong playing for your background and your state in the same year to me really.
To many to pick from? They pick the best of the best its got nothing to do with to many players. Mini played for Australia and still would of if he was still the best in Australia but he isn't that's why he plays for Italy.

I just think its stupid because all the Caucasian Aussies could play for Great Britain if they wanted to based on the eligibility rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Ben Jones played for the Indigenous All Stars...

This man.. Indigenous All Stars

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Ben Jones played for the Indigenous All Stars...

This man.. Indigenous All Stars
Red hair occurs naturally on (2–6%) in people of northern or western European ancestry.........yep definitely eligible for Indigenous all stars

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
blueyedsamurai said:
Yesterday 03:19 PM

So are you trying to say someone like uate shouldn't be playing for Fiji ? And commit only to play for Australia so he can play origin? Earning $20 000 a origin game is the reason he has made himself available for Australia like so many others

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
blueyedsamurai said:
Yesterday 03:19 PM

So are you trying to say someone like uate shouldn't be playing for Fiji ? And commit only to play for Australia so he can play origin? Earning $20 000 a origin game is the reason he has made himself available for Australia like so many others
He wanted to play for Australia instead of fiji, but only played for them now because he didn't get picked. He was born in fiji so he should be playing for them, although im mostly having a go at guys who were born in australia and live in australia yet play for another country.

I have no problems with Uate playing Origin or for australia but its silly to play for 2 countries just because you didn't get picked by the other.

If you take brad thorn as an example, the guy was born in NZ, moved to australia played for QLD and Australia.....then moves back to NZ and plays for the all blacks. National Eligibility is a joke and comes down to money like you said.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well think about why he wants to play for Australia after representing Fiji in 2008. It's a business champ

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Asked if he hoped to play for Australia again, Uate told AAP: "We'll see what happens as the years go by but I definitely want to play for NSW again, that's for sure.

Does this not explain what I've been trying to say?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how are the **** are the sims brothers fijians?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Asked if he hoped to play for Australia again, Uate told AAP: "We'll see what happens as the years go by but I definitely want to play for NSW again, that's for sure.

Does this not explain what I've been trying to say?
I agreed with you about it being about money, but it still doesn't mean its not a joke. I believe at club level its a business but at a national level it shouldn't be.
Kasiano got approached to play for QLD but he said no because he wanted to play for his country, even SBW could of played for Aus and played in Origin but he didn't.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to play on the wing for Germany.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would be so proud to represent Australia in league if I was good enough and was being paid handsomely as a bonus,but would be just as proud playing for the country my parents were born in and play with just as much passion.

I have no problems with the eligibility rules

Status
Not open for further replies.