Nathan merritt on life support

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So sad to hear about Nathan. Always liked him as a player even though he was at Souths. No pretense or big headedness about him, although I seem to remember it reported him sort of alluding to his non selection in a specific rep team as perhaps racial. He did play couple of games overall for Nsw, city and Prime Minister side though. He was a prolific try scorer and he was eventually replaced by Alex Johnston. Forty is way too young to leave us and I hope that he recovers from this but reports from his family don't sound good.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad indeed.
Just afew weeks back I was making a comment about him being one of few Souths players I actually liked. Alex Johnstone is another.

Hope he pulls through and makes a recovery and hope the NRL can address this issue of players being left in limbo post-footy. I know they already have counselling services available but it seems they need to be more active in this space.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has the been an update on how he’s doing?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nathan was always a terrific attacking player, great finisher when in open space and could fill in well at FB. It was his defense that was an issue.

He deserved to go out as a premiership winner after so many years with Souffs in the doldrums and being the stand out player.

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lungs, kidneys ain't working. Machines keeping them going. But doctor said his breathing is good. Hour by hour really
No disrespect ,but if his lungs aren't working his breathing can't be good...sending good karma to nathan Merritt...he made it out of redfern during its worst drug/crime days when 99% of others ended up on heroin and in jail...if he can do that,he can beat this..

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
No disrespect ,but if his lungs aren't working his breathing can't be good...sending good karma to nathan Merritt...he made it out of redfern during its worst drug/crime days when 99% of others ended up on heroin and in jail...if he can do that,he can beat this..
Just saying what the fam telling me mate. People are bit historical and confused messages maybe getting crossed. But I think I am not gonna say anything now

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has it been reported on cause?? I hope it’s not self harm, although if he pulls through that can be better as if he gets in check than he’s in total control. If self harm, rings alarm bells for south’s, especially with what happened earlier with poor Turners passing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First the news about Kyle Turner and now this about Merritt. It's an extremely sad time for Souths as a club and these former players and their families. My heart goes out to them..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Has it been reported on cause?? I hope it’s not self harm, although if he pulls through that can be better as if he gets in check than he’s in total control. If self harm, rings alarm bells for south’s, especially with what happened earlier with poor Turners passing
Adverse reaction to prescribed pain medication..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Slight improvement according to his friends..

But the Kennel said he was dead on Saturday lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe keep your shit mail to yourself. That’s fucked to speculate on this sort of stuff.

Hope nothing but a speedy recovery for Merrett and his family and loved ones.
If someone heard he died from a valid source and not trolling I think it’s reasonable to share in the thread. Even if wrong.
Remember it was only three weeks ago the world thought and reported Heath Streak was dead when he wasn’t so these things happen.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If someone heard he died from a valid source and not trolling I think it’s reasonable to share in the thread. Even if wrong.
Remember it was only three weeks ago the world thought and reported Heath Streak was dead when he wasn’t so these things happen.
No. Scumbags who talk shit like yourself spread this shit. Not remotely a matter to do this shit too.

People with fake fucking mail and trolls deadset.

Grow up.