Nathan merritt on life support

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only what I saw in this article this morning.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Souths do a pathetic job of looking after their players, should've never been let back into the league.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow....thats awful news. Always liked Nathan as a player...he came across as such a humble bloke. All the best to him and his family.
He was Alex Johnston before there was an Alex Johnston. Solid reliable try machine. I don't recall any showboating.

He's only 40, so 5 years younger than me, and, although I haven't seen him since retirement, I'm going to assume he's much fitter too.

Hoping he makes a solid recovery.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Horrible and quiet shocking to hear. Have no idea what happened other than reading he suffered depression when he retired but I hope he makes a full recovery

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Horrible and quiet shocking to hear. Have no idea what happened other than reading he suffered depression when he retired but I hope he makes a full recovery
I didn't realise that, but if they have advertised lifeline etc, self harm seems pretty likely.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he did an interview years ago with denan kemp and he's admitted he's really struggled to cope with his axing in 04.

Fast forward to a recent interview with Lore Tuqiri where he admitted Madge wanted him back from Rugby in pre season, but Lote said no as he didn't want to do a NRL pre season... then obviously accepted later in the season once the easy path was open.

Comparing these 2 stories I feel sorry for Merritt, poor bloke got fucked over by Madge for blokes dodging work like Lote and the assaulter Kirisome.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very sad,
He obviously tried to take his own life as they advertise the Lifeline details at the end of the articles.
The story I read said he collapsed while at his Aunties place. Don't think its helpful to speculate on this stuff. There was some mention of him getting concussed in the Koori knockout last weekend though.