Opinion Nathan Brown

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'll take him or leave him but Parra would have offered him decent money and if he doesn't want that, I doubt we'll meet his asking price.
He wants a long-term deal, Parra only offered $1.2m/2y and have since withdrawn the offer.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's always risky when you buy a player with their aggression being their biggest drawcard because if they ever tone it done due to suspensions or penalties you're left with a plodder in most cases.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan is not our long term fullback - he is too slow.
Cortric is probably a winger in a top 4 side.
But that’s not the focus.

Backs don’t win games. Until our pigs are grunting
and our spine is scary fast and lethal we are an ordinary side.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's always risky when you buy a player with their aggression being their biggest drawcard because if they ever tone it done due to suspensions or penalties you're left with a plodder in most cases.
Don't we know it!

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not left of field, seems pretty simple to go after this bloke. We are screaming out for a guy with some mongrel who can offload.

I would propose we sign him and try to offload Elliott or Jackson to the Eels (my preference would be Jackson). Jackson is an absolute legend and I think could prove to be a good buy for another club. What we need in our pack at the moment, we cannot afford to pay overs for a guy that "does his job", makes heaps of tackles but doesn't offer what we need in attack. Slight increase in terms of pay (500ishk vs 700k) but a huge increase in ability and proven performances. I know he is good mates with Cotric too so could be a selling point and will also enable him to stay in Sydney.

This is a serious football side...

1 Allan
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Averillo (can swap Avo and Allan)
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson
9 B Smith
10 Hetherington
11 Elliott
12 Doorey/Piakura/Waddell
13 Brown
yep totally agree with this team structure...wow some logical selections there

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not left of field, seems pretty simple to go after this bloke. We are screaming out for a guy with some mongrel who can offload.

I would propose we sign him and try to offload Elliott or Jackson to the Eels (my preference would be Jackson). Jackson is an absolute legend and I think could prove to be a good buy for another club. What we need in our pack at the moment, we cannot afford to pay overs for a guy that "does his job", makes heaps of tackles but doesn't offer what we need in attack. Slight increase in terms of pay (500ishk vs 700k) but a huge increase in ability and proven performances. I know he is good mates with Cotric too so could be a selling point and will also enable him to stay in Sydney.

This is a serious football side...

1 Allan
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Averillo (can swap Avo and Allan)
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson
9 B Smith
10 Hetherington
11 Elliott
12 Doorey/Piakura/Waddell
13 Brown
Yes we could do with some more aggression but he's a bit light. We desperately need some bigger forwards who bend the line in attack and don't get trampled when defending.

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yep totally agree with this team structure...wow some logical selections there
Not sure if I could boot our Captain and club legend in Jacki tho but the team lineup is what I would do

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wouldnt you want him , he bends the line gets quick ptb and can ball play , head and shoulders better than any current bulldogs forward . He also leads the eels line speed , so he would set the tone for the doggies defence

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I would propose we sign him and try to offload Elliott or Jackson to the Eels (my preference would be Jackson).
Won’t ever happen. Both players are less than 6 months into new 3 year contracts. We won’t carry even half that freight for that long and Jacko also benefits from the long serving player benefit outside the cap.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ability to offload, make post contact metres, can ball play in the middle of the field. Like I said, you don't make origin or be in a side that consistently has made the 8 based off luck.
Napa made origin!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Allan is not our long term fullback - he is too slow.
Cortric is probably a winger in a top 4 side.
But that’s not the focus.

Backs don’t win games. Until our pigs are grunting
and our spine is scary fast and lethal we are an ordinary side.
Burton and B Smith will hopefully make up 1/2 of a quality spine. B Smith is a big fish we need to land