Opinion Nathan Brown

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not left of field, seems pretty simple to go after this bloke. We are screaming out for a guy with some mongrel who can offload.

I would propose we sign him and try to offload Elliott or Jackson to the Eels (my preference would be Jackson). Jackson is an absolute legend and I think could prove to be a good buy for another club. What we need in our pack at the moment, we cannot afford to pay overs for a guy that "does his job", makes heaps of tackles but doesn't offer what we need in attack. Slight increase in terms of pay (500ishk vs 700k) but a huge increase in ability and proven performances. I know he is good mates with Cotric too so could be a selling point and will also enable him to stay in Sydney.

This is a serious football side...

1 Allan
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Averillo (can swap Avo and Allan)
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson
9 B Smith
10 Hetherington
11 Elliott
12 Doorey/Piakura/Waddell
13 Brown

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would rather get the spoon than see jacko in eels colours

not opposed to brown tho

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would Jackson even have that much appeal to other clubs now? Especially when he is on a fairly big deal.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the same POS that kept going for Dallin late his first year here until he finally clocked him, putting him out for some weeks and Dallin never really played as well since.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Come on guys... its a business as shown by all the other clubs who are successful!

Roosters - Suaalii exemption pursuit, getting rid of Flano (to our gain)
Panthers - keeping Burton but moving on Mansour
Storm - not letting JAC go early despite saying he wants to move for family reasons

Do we want to be known as a nice club or a club who wins? No one gives a shit if he is a grub. You don't play State of Origin based on luck. The bloke can play and for the additional investment you get a significantly better player.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can find an injury though and has averaged just 15 games per year the last 4-5 seasons. He is grubby tough, hits it up hard, body on the line but I think he plays above his weight and that takes its toll on the body and especially after several seasons in the NRL. I’d pass mostly based on the fact I don’t think his body holds up for more than 14-16 games per year.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To offer what ???
Ability to offload, make post contact metres, can ball play in the middle of the field. Like I said, you don't make origin or be in a side that consistently has made the 8 based off luck.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Solid player but he's always injured and I don't think is worth what he'd be chasing.

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would have been a big yes until the posts above advised he only averaged 15 games or so a year for the last few years. His aggression would have been very useful.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take him or leave him but Parra would have offered him decent money and if he doesn't want that, I doubt we'll meet his asking price.