Nairobi terror attack: Explosions and gunfire as militants storm five-star hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...-hotel/ar-BBShJ8B?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

Terrorists used guns and bombs to seize control of a five-star hotel in Kenya.

Somalian militant group Al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the attack in the capital city, Nairobi.

© Mirror

Between four and six gunmen were seen as two explosions rang out and vehicles were seen on fire, sending plumes of black smoke over the city.

Witnesses were spotted covered in blood and fleeing for their lives. There are also reports that hotel guests have been held hostage.

So far one person has been confirmed dead with another eight injured, but this toll could rise.

© REUTERS

Vehicles were seen in flames outside the hotelThree men covered in blood and a woman with a bullet in her leg were seen being carried out on stretchers.

© Credits: REUTERS

There are reportedly 180 US citizens attending a meeting at the complex, but it is not known who the intended target was.

Many survivors told Reuters news agency they had to leave colleagues behind, still huddled under their desks.

And a policeman was heard screaming "there's a grenade in the bathroom" as officers rushed out from one building.

One man came out covered in blood as nearby university students were evacuated.

"We heard a loud bang from something that was thrown inside. Then I saw shattered glass," Geoffrey Otieno, who works at a beauty salon in the complex. "We hid until we were rescued."

Office worker Simon Crump told the AFP news agency he had barricaded himself inside.

© Credits: AFP/Getty ImagesHe said: "We have no idea what is happening. Gunshots are coming from multiple directions."

One woman who works in a neighbouring building said: "I just started hearing gunshots, and then started seeing people running away raising their hands up added some were entering the bank to hide for their lives."

"We are under attack," another person in an office inside the complex told Reuters, then hung up.

And a contractor working on the site told AFP: "There was a bomb and there is a lot of exchange of fire."

© Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited

Al-Shabaab's military operations spokesman Abdiasis Abu Musab claimed responsibility: "We are behind the attack in Nairobi. The operation is going on. We shall give details later."

The Kenya Police service said: "We wish to confirm that there has been an attack incident.

"The area has since been cordoned off. Motorists are advised to use alternative routes to facilitate smooth operations of the police."

Nairobi police commander Philip Ndolo said they had cordoned off the area around Riverside Drive, where the hotel is located.

He said: "We have to go for the highest incident that could take place. The highest incident we have is a terror."

Smoke could be seen rising from the area and a Reuters reporter photographed several vehicles on fire near the entrance to the complex.

The British High Commission in Kenya tweeted: "We are aware of reports of an incident around Riverside Drive area in Nairobi.

"Please avoid the area and follow the advice of local authorities."

© Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited

Kenya police chief Joseph Boinnet said that attack was a suspected militant attack.

"A group of unknown armed assailants attacked the Dusit Complex in what we suspect could be a terror attack," he told a reporters' briefing.

Al-Shabab was responsible for a shopping centre massacre in Kenya in 2013 when militants stormed the Westgate Mall to kill 67 people.

And two years later Al-Shabab - which is affiliated to Al-Qaeda - killed 148 people at a university in Garissa, eastern Kenya.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The end of humanity can't come soon enough.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I seen this being reported all morning.

All I want to do now is go for a holiday to Kenya.

Looks like a beautiful place in the world with humble and pleasant people.

To bring race into it.
Let me guess? This conflict is somehow the white man's fault?

A

Alexander the Great

Shoot first and ask questions later. Fucking cancer these pricks are.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wipe them out with their wife and kids.

Exterminate the cancerous cockroaches of the world.

PS why the fuck would you want a holiday in that 5th world piece of shit country?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I seen this being reported all morning.

All I want to do now is go for a holiday to Kenya.

Looks like a beautiful place in the world with humble and pleasant people.

To bring race into it.
Let me guess? This conflict is somehow the white man's fault?
Seeing they are a black Muslim extremist group, it the western Whites, Jews and Christians fault.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Seeing they are a black Muslim extremist group, it the western Whites, Jews and Christians fault.
Another thing.

Why do Muslims get so defensive on the terrorism subject?

If you know you're peaceful and don't share the ideals of these extremists, then you have no reason to justify anything to me.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another thing.

Why do Muslims get so defensive on the terrorism subject?

If you know you're peaceful and don't share the ideals of these extremists, then you have no reason to justify anything to me.
Because these pig fuckers hijack Islam and choose to do evil with it.

Just like the Zionist ***** that hijack Judaism and the Jesuit ***** that hijack Christianity.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

Just like the Zionist ***** that hijack Judaism and the Jesuit ***** that hijack Christianity.
Well I don't need anyone harping in about how a majority of Islam isn't that way.

This is a big reason I'm so anti religion as you well know.
Far too much manipulation and corruption by man has taken place.

You'd be a fool to take every part of the Bible/Quran seriously!

Last edited:

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And those ***** that knock on my door and want to talk god. Get the Fuck off my porch, I'll go out the back and eat dog shit if I want to be fed shit......

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And those ***** that knock on my door and want to talk god. Get the Fuck off my porch, I'll go out the back and eat dog shit if I want to be fed shit......
Should be each to their own, I don't care in what you believe or don't believe, don't force your shit on me and I won't force my shit on you. Simple.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucken militants, always want something for nothing, shut the water and electricity off and let them have the hotel.
What are the fucksticks demands?

Status
Not open for further replies.