My thoughts on tonight's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ill tell you the drama, we have crap line speed,
Ennis needs to run the ball from dummy half more.
Frank and Jamal need to get deeep ball not flat crap.
and big no no to droping Kris his been one of our best all year..
Yep- been crap all year
Yep -when he goes from dummy half with the intent to make a break rather than take 2 steps & pass the ball we are soooo much more dangerous.
Yep- While you're at it, put Jamal in the fwds, plays like one anyways.... gives us the scope to run with Lafai out wide.
Yep-Keatings support play has been great, got no scope tonight as we were always going backwards.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I thought those two penalties were pretty harsh, tbh
I thought the one against Lockyer was harsh but he needs to calm the **** down. From when he was at Brisbane I can always remember him giving away at least 2-3 stupid penalties a game and a minimum of 1 or two brain explosions. If he gets that **** out of his game he can be a very good player but so long as he plays like he does he's not even in the top 5 hookers in the game for mine.

That being said McCullough is **** and I would happily trade for Ennis :p

P

Paint.

I thought the one against Lockyer was harsh but he needs to calm the **** down. From when he was at Brisbane I can always remember him giving away at least 2-3 stupid penalties a game and a minimum of 1 or two brain explosions. If he gets that **** out of his game he can be a very good player but so long as he plays like he does he's not even in the top 5 hookers in the game for mine.

That being said McCullough is **** and I would happily trade for Ennis :p
Yeah, but he only gave away two penalties tonight, both for holding down too long, both which were harsh and prob shouldnt have been awarded. No brain lapses, he was prob one of our best on the park tonight, so for you to lol at his performance...

Bulldog4Life_21

Waterboy
Reaction score
i think we would be playing alot better if we just gave folkes junior (kevin moore) the boot.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
i think we would be playing alot better if we just gave folkes junior (kevein moore) the boot.
Only 53 posts in 2 years. Its obvious you save it for pearlers like this one. So worth the wait!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
poor effort from idris he was flat footed every time never once hit the ball up at any faster then a walk

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much drop ball cost us tonight. This game and the St Merge game we dropped too much ball, might be the wet conditions but that shouldnt be used as the reason why we dropped that much ball. If other sides can adjust to the weather, I dont see why we cant. Also that right hand side in defence look very brittle. They dont look comfortable marking up, sliding, catching bombs etc at all on that right side. It almost seems like poor communication between Idris and Turner. I know that they arent the only ones that defend on the right hand side but to me they seem the reason why the right side struggles. No need to keep making changes to the squad. Keep the same squad, keep that right hand defensive side together and work on the things that need fixing up, chopping and changing wont help. We fix these 2 things up and we are way more competitive against top 4 sides.

bulldog_matt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
its all about attitude. we lack intensity in attack and defense. also we don't respect possession
attitude

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Lett brain explosion swung the momentum of the game, then the Broncos got a try off a knock on from Wallace.
Game over. We did very well to lose by only 8 points with no ball

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After Barba woke everyone up i didnt think there was too much in it at all to be honest, our line of defence needs to come up quicker although we did well holding them out in the 2nd half. Some match fitness with a couple of players + a little more work on ball control and we will be on the money, we are definitley heading in the right direction.
*REF WAS DEFINITLEY 1 SIDED, THEY WERE LYING ALL OVER US - ENNIS GOT A HARD TIME
yep

Cobalt-60

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Top second half defence by both teams. Broncs got a bit lucky with the Beale try, but even had it been sent upstairs it probably would have come back benefit of the doubt. Dogs refused to crack, though.

Picked up $150 on the Lockyer first try option and they went on to win. Would have been a perfect night cept the pub ran out of extra dry somehow.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching every game this year, if it wasnt for hodkinson being gallant in defence, idris would be leaking in 10 tries a week. he is hopeless. definately not worthy of an origin recall. 2 good games out of 8 dont cut it for me.

triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After watching every game this year, if it wasnt for hodkinson being gallant in defence, idris would be leaking in 10 tries a week. he is hopeless. definately not worthy of an origin recall. 2 good games out of 8 dont cut it for me.
If he had of scored 2 or 3 tries last night would you still be saying this ?? I bet NOT

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he had of scored 2 or 3 tries last night would you still be saying this ?? I bet NOT
to be honest, ive never been a real big fan of idris. sure he is good in attack and has potential. but you dont need a liability in defence. and he is this.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think 75% of our problem is poor kick chase and line speed. We had a period of our game where we got our kicking right, only for Yow Yeh, Beale & Copley to pick up the ball, break tackles and bring it to the 50m after only 2 tackles. Watch our kick chase and line speed against Melbourne in 2009... that was the catalyst to our victory.

dedezy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have mixed emotions on the good side we defended great on our line and when in their half we looked pretty good but we had no go forward all night and we were too one out i know we had bad field position but atleast an extra pass off the ruck to mix it up, no need for offloads or anything flashy but it was just hitup after hitup and brisbane were waiting for us...how they were never called offside i have no idea i swear ennis was picking the ball up and they were already up in our faces

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It almost seems like Idris has the lowest work rate for any centre in the league - rarely goes looking for the ball

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
well i hate when the commentators swollow lockyers cum when he does something average
but cant spit it when he misses a tackle such as the one when barba made the bust he should have made that tackle

sam thaiday made pritchard lose the ball in a tackle and then the rave about how lockyer was there with him

these commentators are a ***ing joke

triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
to be honest, ive never been a real big fan of idris. sure he is good in attack and has potential. but you dont need a liability in defence. and he is this.
I dont know im just putting this out there....

Would you rather him be a awesome defender and never make a mistake ?? ( and be like a Daryl Halligan just a safety device )

Or would you rather him be a awesome attacker ( game breaker )and create opportunities and score points and still make one or two mistakes in a game that Could be costly but not always??

For me id rather the second option and know that he can be a game breaker but at the same time he might make a few wrong choices on the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.