My summary

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The first ~20 minutes he was playing hooker. When Starling came on I think he went to second row.
Ok so he was a 20 minute hooker ;)

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Missed the game. I'm in the Queensland outback, but saw the score and the NRL highlights. Hard to tell from that, but it looked like we are back to the old Bulldogs with Jackson in the side

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its called playing for your life/future, players get too comfortable and relax and do the bare minimum, and when there on their last chance they try pulling the finger out.
What’s Duftys excuse? In other words the guy is just plain shit :(

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lachlan Croker far worse than JMK, and maybe even Elliott
Croker's improved a lot over the last 2 years, I actually rate him higher than JMK personally. Croker isn't an obstacle for his own team in attack like JMK is.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Croker's improved a lot over the last 2 years, I actually rate him higher than JMK personally. Croker isn't an obstacle for his own team in attack like JMK is.
Pick your poison really imo; JMK stunts the attack sure, but he can tackle and gets a couple decent runs out of dummy half. Every Manly game I've watched has Croker doing something phenomenally stupid, whether it's a really bad read/option or just creates an error with no pressure

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My summary

First of all yes I agree the ref played a minor part in our loss tonight but let’s be honest here… any decent side with half a brain should of knocked canberra by 13+ tonight.

1. If naden and ave see another jersey in first grade this season then Baz deserves nothing but the sack. For gods sake! Naden is dumber then my dog with atrocious hands. The only good thing he done all game was the knock back from set restart which was his fault to begin with! Ave I’ve been carrying on about him since last season. He offers f all to this team and needs to be sent packing. Gets completely dominated in defence and attack and does nothing what so ever to keep his place. Replace him with a second rower atleast our defence will tighten up!
  2. Jmk is a player we need in the squad only for the fact he can defend. (Sometimes). He offers nothing in attack besides the odd run out of dummy half and that’s pretty much it. A hooker is pretty much another half in the game these days and he offers nothing atall in attack; No kicking game, no vision and atrocious service.
  3. Dufty should be let go this year. Experiment tried and failed. Watch the likes of paps and edwards and he isn’t even on the same planet. The only thing he has going for him is speed and the cut out pass if it doesn’t get intercepted. Never do I see him feed off tpj with the highest offloads in the comp, never is he in support in broken play, his defence is non existent and never puts his body on the line.
  4. If anyone is pointing to tpj being a problem then they have no idea about footy. Yes he is overly aggressive sometimes and gives away the odd penalty but I’d be frustrated also when the middles keep defending all half cause your backs keep fucking up and knocking on or giving away the ball easily. He is one of our only forwards who runs with effort.
  5. Jackson either needs to be put in the middle and defend or Fuck off. Today was a prime example the game has passed him. We looked so unorganised with him coming back it’s becoming obvious the captaincy has gotten the best of him.
  6. Burton and jac are a blessing to this squad. They are the only 2 who I see massive improvements.. so well done to them playing with pride. Love them both and hope they play in a dogs jersey for a long time.
  7. Flano is basically doing his job and that’s it. I want to see more from our 7, creativity has been missing in a dogs 7 jersey in a long time so if he can’t improve by next year then also time to move him on.
Overall Baz has been a massive fail also. Training staff who he hired and himself need to pack there bags and leave before more damage is caused. I said it before if they can’t get a team ready to play a 14th placed Canberra outfit who are playing like dead beats with reserve grade halves and Elliot as Hooker then the club has some serious issues. As scary as this is, if we get done by Newcastle next week then I’m tapping out for the rest of the year. I’ve had enough of this club sitting back watching this train wreck. Bloody embarrassing!
Best post I have read on the Kennel for a very loooong time. You are spot on with All your points. Agree 100%

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree with everything you said. 100% spot on.

I'm really struggling to understand why Averillo gets a spot in the team.
Averillo is the biggest dud. I still don’t know which position he can play. The only thing he has is a bit of a step and some pace and that’s it. He gets rag dolled every time he takes a run. Absolute waste of space, the kid looks like he’s still going through puberty. I want him to succeed and kill it and I’ll be happy to get egg on my face, but he ain’t got it at NRL level.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are rubbish it’s so depressing not light at the end of tunnel

We will be parra for the next 20 years

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My summary

First of all yes I agree the ref played a minor part in our loss tonight but let’s be honest here… any decent side with half a brain should of knocked canberra by 13+ tonight.

1. If naden and ave see another jersey in first grade this season then Baz deserves nothing but the sack. For gods sake! Naden is dumber then my dog with atrocious hands. The only good thing he done all game was the knock back from set restart which was his fault to begin with! Ave I’ve been carrying on about him since last season. He offers f all to this team and needs to be sent packing. Gets completely dominated in defence and attack and does nothing what so ever to keep his place. Replace him with a second rower atleast our defence will tighten up!
  2. Jmk is a player we need in the squad only for the fact he can defend. (Sometimes). He offers nothing in attack besides the odd run out of dummy half and that’s pretty much it. A hooker is pretty much another half in the game these days and he offers nothing atall in attack; No kicking game, no vision and atrocious service.
  3. Dufty should be let go this year. Experiment tried and failed. Watch the likes of paps and edwards and he isn’t even on the same planet. The only thing he has going for him is speed and the cut out pass if it doesn’t get intercepted. Never do I see him feed off tpj with the highest offloads in the comp, never is he in support in broken play, his defence is non existent and never puts his body on the line.
  4. If anyone is pointing to tpj being a problem then they have no idea about footy. Yes he is overly aggressive sometimes and gives away the odd penalty but I’d be frustrated also when the middles keep defending all half cause your backs keep fucking up and knocking on or giving away the ball easily. He is one of our only forwards who runs with effort.
  5. Jackson either needs to be put in the middle and defend or Fuck off. Today was a prime example the game has passed him. We looked so unorganised with him coming back it’s becoming obvious the captaincy has gotten the best of him.
  6. Burton and jac are a blessing to this squad. They are the only 2 who I see massive improvements.. so well done to them playing with pride. Love them both and hope they play in a dogs jersey for a long time.
  7. Flano is basically doing his job and that’s it. I want to see more from our 7, creativity has been missing in a dogs 7 jersey in a long time so if he can’t improve by next year then also time to move him on.
Overall Baz has been a massive fail also. Training staff who he hired and himself need to pack there bags and leave before more damage is caused. I said it before if they can’t get a team ready to play a 14th placed Canberra outfit who are playing like dead beats with reserve grade halves and Elliot as Hooker then the club has some serious issues. As scary as this is, if we get done by Newcastle next week then I’m tapping out for the rest of the year. I’ve had enough of this club sitting back watching this train wreck. Bloody embarrassing!
Agree but you forgot #8.

8. We are just shit.

Apologies for the in-depth detail

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
After rd 10 I reckon we will see Kiraz back in. And I’d take okunbor over naden

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro - tbh - haven't seen the game and only have seen highlights and what the kid told me who sat through it. Was at a brothel - had my attention on other things. But to your points.
1) Never thought Naden was a good signing. Apart from the no fwits rule, think he's like Flanno. Made to look a lot better at his old club by the cattle around him. Avo hasn't been great but not Naden level either. Also different combo out there this week so maybe that makes a difference for Avo.
2) U need to have more focus here bro. This guy is the problem and a half. I'm struggling to think of a worse 9 in the comp. If you can name one 9 that you wouldn't swap for JMK in a heartbeat, I'll apologise.
3) My Saints neighbour told me you'd find out about Dufty soon. Told him I'd only seen good things. Need to apologise to him tomorrow.
4) 100%
5) You ask a guy who's done 1 thing well for 10 years and then get him to do something else for the last 2 and expect that he will nail it? This is on the Dogs coaching staff - per what Ennis said on Fox last week - you don't try to get players who aren't Penrith to do Penrith things. Find your own identity. Barrett isn't a coach, he's a fckng Penrith trainer.
6) Can say if you watch Burton with Penrith last year, happy man. This year, he's not enjoying it. Could be telling at the end of the year.
7) See point 2 and 5. The only way he's getting better is a better 9 and a better system. With a better system, he might improve but I'll refer to the Roosters on that one.

Barrett, the system and JMK has to go. 90/10 on Dufty (sort of hoping shame might turn it around). Reckon Flanno is not far behind.

So - we have a system we cannot play to and 3 out of the 4 spine should be somewhere else and the other spine member is not exactly fully tuned into 6 (and fair enough, we knew that as he's been playing other positions). And we are going to be competitive next week?
2) Jacob Liddle, Chris Randall, only because a like for like replacement is not the solution.

JMK is a big problem but not THE problem IMO. As you put it the system is our main problem by a country mile.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Jackson saying in the press conference, I think we did enough to win that game really pissed me off, shows the low standards he sets for the team and has no idea of the intensity, effort and commitment it takes to win games in the NRL these days.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Josh Jackson saying in the press conference, I think we did enough to win that game really pissed me off, shows the low standards he sets for the team and has no idea of the intensity, effort and commitment it takes to win games in the NRL these days.
Afraid I have to agree. He is spent by the looks and in a struggling, unfocussed roster, a captain with a muddled outlook like that is of no value to the team.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo is the biggest dud. I still don’t know which position he can play. The only thing he has is a bit of a step and some pace and that’s it. He gets rag dolled every time he takes a run. Absolute waste of space, the kid looks like he’s still going through puberty. I want him to succeed and kill it and I’ll be happy to get egg on my face, but he ain’t got it at NRL level.
His confidence is completely shot, and that is on the Bulldogs and the coaching staff. I have always said and still say he should be trying fullback.

He is not a bad defender and would benefit greatly from the much lower tackle count. He can pass and has pace, a kick and a step. From fullback he only needs to grow a voice to run defence.

Overall his key skill sets describes the good current fullbacks. He has had poor coaching and direction, but given a chance that might be his spot..

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
C’mon guys we are rebuilding ffs it’s gonna take time we all know this, please just STOP the negative bullshit against us, this negativity is what I truly am fed up with, I know it is very frustrating I feel it every week too but just be a true loyal supporter of our club or piss off FFS! We true fans aren’t fickle like Roosters fans we are Bulldogs supporters and that means something and we are above this kind of crap!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C’mon guys we are rebuilding ffs it’s gonna take time we all know this, please just STOP the negative bullshit against us, this negativity is what I truly am fed up with, I know it is very frustrating I feel it every week too but just be a true loyal supporter of our club or piss off FFS! We true fans aren’t fickle like Roosters fans we are Bulldogs supporters and that means something and we are above this kind of crap!
Lol please give me what your smoking because we have been rebuilding for over 5 years and getting worse. So please tell me the definition of what a rebuild is mr positive? Since we are all shitty supporters wanting nothing but success. Hell, I’ll take having a go and being consistent first before a win and we can’t even do that.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JJ was not playing as a link man last night. He tackled and had minimal touches, and those touches were all good. JJ gets a shalacking on here for touching the ball too much, this didn’t happen last night.
And the one time JJ looked like he was in the clear JMK failed to pass it to him... poor reads of the play.