Murray Hip Drop

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
“We don’t practice it. There is no way that would happen at training. I can’t stress that point enough. It does not happen at training."
“Coaches and teammates would not let that happen, so I don’t know why that we are accepting that is OK on the field.”
“Look, I don’t think any player is going out there to do it intentionally. This is not me having a crack at anybody in particular or Canterbury."

Thats nice to know - no wonder Murray looked like his missus was gobbing off at a poly bouncer during the presser.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The joke of it is the inconsistency. Reaching I know, but who’s to say Murray gets binned, we score 1-2 tries and jump out to a lead.

And who was in the bunker yesterday? How do they review the Preston one, but not this one?

Has the charge sheet come out? Seems like Preston hasn’t even been charged.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm away at the moment, but what was the score at time of the sin bin, and what was it after the 10 mins?

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This isn't a hip drop.
I’d love to view the world through your eyes for an hour or 2 just to change it up based on the Murray tackle not being a hip drop and Burto is utter rubbish in your opinion lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d argue it is. Defender holds him up,Murray then drops his weight on his lower leg. My issue is the fact this gets called play on, then Preston gets binned for a tackle nowhere near as bad as this. Then the Souths coach has a sook when his own players do it too.
That's not a hip drop. Murray is literally on his knees just making a legs tackle, if there was any sort of issue here you'd be looking at a twist or him using excessive force and not a hip drop. Prestons probably isn't either but it's closer to a hip drop because he takes his feet off the ground and shifts his weight in an attempt to steal the ball. He won't get suspended but he was very close too imo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d love to view the world through your eyes for an hour or 2 just to change it up based on the Murray tackle not being a hip drop and Burto is utter rubbish in your opinion lol
What does Burton have to do with a Murray tackle? You guys are obsessed. Murray's is clearly not a hip drop, not even close. Do you know what the definition of a hip drop actually is?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Preston no charge free to play Eels
So we basically lost a player to the bin for nothin
Like I said, both not hip drops. If Preston wasn't attempting to strip the ball and was instead trying to bring the Souths player down and shifted his weight around him rather than downwards then he would've got done for it. The only real hip drop I can remember from this season is Finucanes.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like I said, both not hip drops. If Preston wasn't attempting to strip the ball and was instead trying to bring the Souths player down and shifted his weight around him rather than downwards then he would've got done for it. The only real hip drop I can remember from this season is Finucanes.
When you say both who was the other one you are referring to?

Yeah Finucane one was text book hip drop

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish some of you fvcking experts in here would learn the "proper" rules of the game and not the half baked sh!t the NRLol spew out from week to week.