Mummy and the Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I respect his sentiment but it's blatantly obvious that mummy will choose the highest bidder.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
THE FUTURE

Despite signing a letter of intent that could see them join the Bulldogs on a four years deal from 2016, Sione says he and brothers Chanel and Pat remain keen to stay at the Knights long term.

But when it comes to a final decision, mum’s the word.

“There are some obstacles in the way but we want to get it sorted out as soon as possible,” he said.

“We all want it to be here (Newcastle) but if it takes us elsewhere, it takes us elsewhere.

“It will come down to what suits my mum best. She will have a talk to the club and let them know what she thinks and if she is happy with that, we’ll take it.

“To be honest, wherever we go, footy is always going to be there. We just have to take care of our mum first because she is our number one priority.”

Personally I'm getting sick of this shit!!! The late Great Peter Moore would have torn up the letter of intent that the brothers signed and thrown it back in their faces by now. We are a proud club and our heritage speaks for itself!!! We are not a two bit organization like the Newcastle Knoghts (no spelling mistake here) waiting for NRL handouts trying to keep creditors at bay.

I have always been of the opinion that I would love to see Sione and his Brothers playing for the Mighty Dogs but I don't appreciate our great club being dragged into a game of tag with the BIG O's so these snot nosed little kids can use us bargaining chips. With that said and in the spirit of Christmas I wish the Mata’utia Family a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year and a BIG rubber dildo for Matthew Gidley the queer.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They sound like babies ffs have a brain and realise whats going to be better for your career

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They sound like babies ffs have a brain and realise whats going to be better for your career
Another group of fiftas, don't have the ball to say they want to leave for the money so they use the family . They will be with us next year

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
THE FUTURE

Despite signing a letter of intent that could see them join the Bulldogs on a four years deal from 2016, Sione says he and brothers Chanel and Pat remain keen to stay at the Knights long term.

But when it comes to a final decision, mum’s the word.

“There are some obstacles in the way but we want to get it sorted out as soon as possible,” he said.

“We all want it to be here (Newcastle) but if it takes us elsewhere, it takes us elsewhere.

“It will come down to what suits my mum best. She will have a talk to the club and let them know what she thinks and if she is happy with that, we’ll take it.

“To be honest, wherever we go, footy is always going to be there. We just have to take care of our mum first because she is our number one priority.”

Personally I'm getting sick of this shit!!! The late Great Peter Moore would have torn up the letter of intent that the brothers signed and thrown it back in their faces by now. We are a proud club and our heritage speaks for itself!!! We are not a two bit organization like the Newcastle Knoghts (no spelling mistake here) waiting for NRL handouts trying to keep creditors at bay.

I have always been of the opinion that I would love to see Sione and his Brothers playing for the Mighty Dogs but I don't appreciate our great club being dragged into a game of tag with the BIG O's so these snot nosed little kids can use us bargaining chips. With that said and in the spirit of Christmas I wish the Mata’utia Family a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year and a BIG rubber dildo for Matthew Gidley the queer.
The great Peter Moore would have signed an Ironclad contract, cant blame the brothers here

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The great Peter Moore would have signed an Ironclad contract, cant blame the brothers here
Can't be ironclad nowadays. If you sign someone their existing club has until the 30th June to respond before the NRL registers it.

I reckon we should "buy" the mum a house and a car.
As if anyone wants to live in Newcastle ?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just as I think they might go one way I get a flash they will go the other way. They really seem to like Newcastle. It all comes down to whos the best salesman I guess. Either way we are still on the verge of winning a gf

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
sounds like they are leaving and mum is going to take the backlash for it.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is anyone acting surprised and outraged?

From day one of us "signing" them there was always the chance that they would backflip and that they were using the dogs as a bargaining tool.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Why is anyone acting surprised and outraged?

From day one of us "signing" them there was always the chance that they would backflip and that they were using the dogs as a bargaining tool.
or it could work the other way, you just dont know these days. going by the following comment, theyre prepared to leave if they so wished....“We all want it to be here (Newcastle) but if it takes us elsewhere, it takes us elsewhere."

and besides, player movements is a different business these days. signing mou's/letters of intent etc. means that clauses, conditions and the such arent finalised yet and can change in the meantime kinda like a bargaining tool.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If we are still the "family" club that we advertise than you would think that we would be favourites IF the above story has any credit at all. A family orientated club, the cash to go with it AND the future taken care of for all the boys, a parent would naturally go with that. I hope our guys are working on the mum behind the scenes and showing her what our club has to offer rather than just signing the intent form and leaving them alone to decide. The other plus for us is the islander connection that we have always had such a strong presence of.

I'm not going to be shattered at all if it doesn't work out for us, it would be nice to see players making decisions to come to the dogs though. Everything I have read has suggested between the lines though is that they will stay at Newcastle. Everything is such a drama these days though, turning into WWF!

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure raelene has something installed for mummy lol

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
maybe they could do the old 3 coconut trick when they shuffle them and get her to pick one

Status
Not open for further replies.