Moving out of home

Status
Not open for further replies.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
how old were you when you moved out of home?

i have no problem with my parents or siblings, but i like being independent, but people advise me not to move home unless you really really want to or need to...

what are your thoughts?

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how old were you when you moved out of home?

i have no problem with my parents or siblings, but i like being independent, but people advise me not to move home unless you really really want to or need to...

what are your thoughts?
Stay as long as you (and your parents) are comfortable and save your money.

Life is expensive. Even if you find someone to share with, there will be added costs just to establish a home. Usually, even contributing to rent and food etc with your parents it would be less expensive.

For me, I spent a year at business college in Sydney when I was 20. Then went home again. Moved back to Sydney two years later.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stay as long as you (and your parents) are comfortable and save your money.

Life is expensive. Even if you find someone to share with, there will be added costs just to establish a home. Usually, even contributing to rent and food etc with your parents it would be less expensive.

For me, I spent a year at business college in Sydney when I was 20. Then went home again. Moved back to Sydney two years later.
yeah the area i was considering moving to is about minimum $450 a week, i just think about what i can spend that money on other than rent...

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol at being called a loser if you stay at home with the parents.

I can easily afford to live on my own, but i chose not to atm cuz i get it good? When i feel the time is right i will. I def wont be renting either, id be buying. Rather pay my own mortgage than pay someone elses

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol at being called a loser if you stay at home with the parents.

I can easily afford to live on my own, but i chose not to atm cuz i get it good? When i feel the time is right i will.
exactly! i dont have to pay a cent to live here, dinner's ready by the time i get home, i CHOOSE to help out with some bills, help out at home, parents love having me home... but i love my independence... *thinks*

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Tina save up for a deposit like i am. Youll end up paying similar repayments per month as you would paying rent.

if you thik you cant handle it then you can advertise for a roomie, that would save you heaps also

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol at the goose calling someone lame. We arnt the ones pretending to be an animal on a forum lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
tina ignore him, clearly his parents told him to **** off cuz he wasnt loved.

As mongoose would say, 'haters gonna hate'. He's just jealous he doesnt get it this good.

Evil Monkey

Abministrator
Reaction score
The decision is based primarily on the necessity for unfettered gettin it ooooooon . This is problematic under parent's roofs. This is why people still at home in their 20's are a concern to me.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
stay there until your parents die then. hold onto your little bedroom and home cooked meals until your 60 something. you will save money, and that makes you smart. thats all that matters rite?
are you retarted?? you do realise this is a thread on advice about MOVING OUT and now i apparently want to "hold onto my bedroom til im 60".

and yes, most people will argue that saving money IS smart...

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I gave you my thoughts, and clearly i did not give you the emotional reassurance you wanted for your mooching activities, so you act out with aggression at the 'goose. for shame
im apologize, i guess i distracted myself by all my mooching..

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you are clearly reluctant to MOVE OUT because not moving out is SMART. you would save more money if u stayed there till you are 60. that makes you SMART

hth
*sigh* yes, im going to stay home til im 60...

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
its OK. you must have a little bit of guilt or reluctance to stay at home and its normal to seek reassurance for this. I didnt give it to you, but others here might. good luck.
thanks for your help. xoxoxo

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As soon as i finish uni, i'm outtta heeerrre. But hey, i'll be studying overseas for a year, so i guess that'll count as moving out too.. woo

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
I'd much rather rent then live at home, I can do whatever I want went I want, like full nude walking whenever I want.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i get it good both ways, i dont pay rent. I live at home, and my parents live with my grandpa.

Zing

Status
Not open for further replies.