Moving On Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading this article from news.com.au, revealing how 27% of men aged 20-34 still live at home, it got me thinking...

What age did you fellow kennelers move out, and under what conditions?

Do many of you still live at home, and why?

Do you think it is a massive issue what age people move out these days?

I'm 20 and still at home, and won't be moving until after uni when the broke factor is hopefully dismissed. :D

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm 25 and still live at home. Why TF would I want to move out?

I got it made. :p

M

MikeyP..

18 and i still live at home. Same reason as kurryface, i will wait til i finish uni and then i will move out.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
moved out when i was 19. best thing i ever did.

S

smingers

Im 19 and still at home. I'm not allowed to leave until I'm married. That's what mum says anyways lol.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 25 and still live at home. Why TF would I want to move out?

I got it made. :p
Truth be told, even if i had a fulltime job, im not sure if i would of moved out yet...

Yeah my mother does my head in, and the freedom of not having a parent around is fkin awesome...but after being mostly home alone without parents/family for the last two weeks, it's made me feel lonely!

I don't know how people live alone too long...peace and quiet and freedom to walk around starkers is ok for a while, but FMD it's too quiet!

And I'd NEVER move in with a friend. They do my head in on holidays that are 3 days long!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I moved out at 19. Moved back in at 21 lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
aged 23 on good $$ and still at home. WTF would i leave when i dont have to pay any bills other than my own?

Out of the goodness of my heart i give my mum $100 a week to spend on wateva she needs lol.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im 19 and still at home. I'm not allowed to leave until I'm married. That's what mum says anyways lol.
My mum probably wouldn't let me either, if I could lol

I'm the last and only kid left at home, and she says she never wants me to move out, she will be too lonely. Massive guilt trip factor she plays! lol

Ill be put in shackles soon...

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
meh i went to boarding school for 5 years, so for me to stay at home was not an option. i'd been looking after myself since i was 12, so to go back to living with my family was just way too hard.

the stress was too much for me

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
meh i went to boarding school for 5 years, so for me to stay at home was not an option. i'd been looking after myself since i was 12, so to go back to living with my family was just way too hard.

the stress was too much for me
Yeah looking after yourself isn't a big deal. When my mah was sick and i was living with my dad who i never saw for work, between the ages of 12-16 i was pretty much independant, i just didn't have to buy things or oay the bills.

I lol @ the 27 year old men, who still have their mummy do everything, wash cook, iron their clothes, pack their lunch, clean their room :-)eek:grinning: and the boy doesn't have to lift a finger.
Some mums are breeding a society of lazy, no home sense mummies boys. :p

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Moved out when I was 18 to go to Uni away from home. Best thing I ever did! Have moved around the state working and call in to see mum and dad every now and then. I wouldn't last living at home, even 3 day visits send me over the edge>

Jump out of the nest and fly. Sure it is tough but far more satisfying and rewarding.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
20 years old, was time to stand on my own feet.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Still at home, Im moving to Lithgow for 6 months work, paid rent ;)

But why would anyone want to move out, unless there home life is unbearable

D

dogs_4 lyf

Psht why would you leave.

I wont be able to live without my mums food, or hearing her scream every morning to wake me up for Uni.

B

Ben Godberts

I moved out when i was 20. I pity anyone living at home past 25 tbh

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I still live at home, and I'm 23.

Can't imagine living away from my Mum & Dad. Not just because she's a top notch cook and I don't pay rent - but life is dull without them, especially my Mum.

I've thought about moving out - my mum would have a heart attack if I did though. I can't see myself moving out til I'm married.

-313-

Been out on my own since I was 23 and I love it, my house is my castle... I have had mu cousin from the US staying with me recently, but I don't mind her tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.