Movie Discussion

Reaction score
Gotta be Raiders of the Lost Ark.. What about yourself?
1. karate kid 2. ? 3. gone with the wind 4. rocky 3 5. ?
6. star wars 7. step brothers 8. ? 9. trainspotting 10. fall
11. spawn 12. ? 13. jurrasic park 14. ? 15. weddong crashers
16. opening steadicam shot of jackie brown walking through airport
17. dark knight 18. ? 19. return of the jedi 20. ? 21. ? 22. kill bill
23. ready or not 24. rango 25. the fan 26. gone girl 27. true lies
28. clueless 29. back to the future 30. empire strikes back

anything that took over a minute to answer got a ?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The Castle
Chopper
Shawshank
Pulp fiction
Fight Club
Good Will Hunting
Forrest Gump
Contact
Blues Brothers
The sixth sense
Grand Torino
Scar Face
Wolf of wall street
Fear and loathing
My big fat Greek wedding (yep my secret)
Something’s gotta give
American Psycho
No country for old men
Spirited away (if I’m hung over or any studio ghibli)

These are ones I’ll watch again if it’s on and I should go to bed. I guess I like a journey in my taste of films apart obviously from blues brothers I just like the music.

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’ve got a good question. What is your favourite zombie movie? I love a good zombie movie.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve got a good question. What is your favourite zombie movie? I love a good zombie movie.
Shaun of the Dead

But if we're just talking serious movies, I grew up on the Romero originals and still rate them as the best. The original Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead are classics.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. karate kid 2. ? 3. gone with the wind 4. rocky 3 5. ?
6. star wars 7. step brothers 8. ? 9. trainspotting 10. fall
11. spawn 12. ? 13. jurrasic park 14. ? 15. weddong crashers
16. opening steadicam shot of jackie brown walking through airport
17. dark knight 18. ? 19. return of the jedi 20. ? 21. ? 22. kill bill
23. ready or not 24. rango 25. the fan 26. gone girl 27. true lies
28. clueless 29. back to the future 30. empire strikes back

anything that took over a minute to answer got a ?
Excellent.. alright here’s my 30..I follow same rules as yourself..
1. The Goonies 2. LOTR-The Fellowship of the Ring 3. The Magnificent 7 4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 5. Raiders of the Lost Ark 6. Raiders of the Lost Ark 7. Raiders of the Lost ark 8. Heath Ledger The Dark Knight 9. Chariots of Fire 10. The Shinning 11. Forest Gump 12. Shawshank Redemption 13. The Green Mile 14. The Dark Knight Rises 15. High Anxiety 16. Star Wars A New Hope Luke looking at the two suns setting on Tatooine 17. The Dark Knight (Joker) 18. Life is Beautiful 19. The Empire Strikes Back 20. Schindler’s List 21. The Elephant Man 22. Minority Report (Spielberg) 23. Silence of the Lambs (Jodie Foster) 24. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 25. The Dark Knight 26. Sixth Sense 27. Witness (Harrison Ford) 28. Titanic (Romance) 29. Lord of the Rings 30. Raiders of the Ark.. :smiley:

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched this movie 3 times. Absolutely loved it.
I didn't even know it was a predator movie until the obvious scene showing him near the start.

Koreans make great zombie stuff, train to Busan is my favourite one.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
28 Days Later..:fearscream:
That always brings up the old debate of, "what do you consider a zombie movie?"

28 Days Later technically isn't a zombie movie, as they are rage virus infected humans. The major difference being that rage virus infected are fast and they are alive so they can starve to death if they don't eat, while zombies are un/dead so they never really die until the brain is destroyed. Technically Last of Us zombies are more zombies than 28 Days, Weeks, and eternally in development hell... Months Later movies.

But nuance is messy and I like to just consider them all zombie movies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That always brings up the old debate of, "what do you consider a zombie movie?"

28 Days Later technically isn't a zombie movie, as they are rage virus infected humans. The major difference being that rage virus infected are fast and they are alive so they can starve to death if they don't eat, while zombies are un/dead so they never really die until the brain is destroyed. Technically Last of Us zombies are more zombies than 28 Days, Weeks, and eternally in development hell... Months Later movies.

But nuance is messy and I like to just consider them all zombie movies.
Im sorry Hacky, but…

IMG_0656.jpeg

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched Ambulance a few days ago, Jake Gyllenhaal stars feel i may have seen it before although it's only a 2022 vintage.
Good movie but the main point I wanna mention is a scene where the baddies are in full pursuit mode, wounded and under major duress and JG is listening to an ipod and the go to song is Sailing by Christopher Cross :hearteyes:
I literally had completely forgotten about that song for idk maybe as long as 30 years fuck me!

Anyway, I've since listened/watched it maybe up to 50 times lol.

I recommend get your nostalgia on and have a watch on youtube, it may not be for everyone but it's a beautiful and touching song.
So suitable and appropriate as a what's the word profound song I would have undoubtedly played it at my old mans funeral in 2004 had I not completely forgotten about it..it's that good imo.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe i watched Oppenheimer. Thought it was a great movie. The direction by Nolan was top notch, the acting, in particular Cillian Murphy, and Robert Downer Jr. They were aptly supported Matt Damon and a host of actors, including a memorable cameo as President by a an actor who played a British PM.

Yes some parts of the film aren’t quite historically accurate, however the movie overall does a good job on its presentation of what happened.

Throughly enjoyed it, even though its subject matter is not to be enjoyed.

edit: have a watch @Rodzilla

Last edited:

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched Ambulance a few days ago, Jake Gyllenhaal stars feel i may have seen it before although it's only a 2022 vintage.
Good movie but the main point I wanna mention is a scene where the baddies are in full pursuit mode, wounded and under major duress and JG is listening to an ipod and the go to song is Sailing by Christopher Cross :hearteyes:
I literally had completely forgotten about that song for idk maybe as long as 30 years fuck me!

Anyway, I've since listened/watched it maybe up to 50 times lol.

I recommend get your nostalgia on and have a watch on youtube, it may not be for everyone but it's a beautiful and touching song.
So suitable and appropriate as a what's the word profound song I would have undoubtedly played it at my old mans funeral in 2004 had I not completely forgotten about it..it's that good imo.
I still have the cassette and Sailing was my fav track on it