Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 87680
So it's 1987 a killer in one of the worst masks in horrordy history has killed three girls then abruptly stops until 35 years later when an annoying Gen z chic accidentally goes back in time to 1987
Can she prevent these murders from happening and get back to 2023?

Ugh where to start with this one. First off its a Blum house production so that's never a good sign of quality. The script was seemingly written by a bunch of mid to late teen overprogressive tik-tok Gen zer's who are ashamed of one of the greatest decades in horror movie history being the 80's, there's literally several lines where the main girl berates the other characters for homophobic & fat quips because "it's great to be gay and your comment had deeply hurtful undertones and it is not OK"
That's an actual quote from this thing, I shit you not
It's actually a shame because the premise is decent and if it were executed properly with a decent script, capable director and without the PC shite that's everywhere now, it could have been a fun 100 minute watch, instead the only saving grace was hearing bizarre love triangle by new order and the killing moon by echo and the bunnymen.

. 05/5
So I guess one to miss Chimp?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So I guess one to miss Chimp?
Avoid it like the plaque my man.

Unless you want to watch them crap on memories from your childhood. The whole thing was a statement for how bad the 80's were and how much this new generation are writing "past wrongs"

I weep for the future

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Avoid it like the plaque my man.

Unless you want to watch them crap on memories from your childhood. The whole thing was a statement for how bad the 80's were and how much this new generation are writing "past wrongs"

I weep for the future
I go back and watch horror movies from the 80's all the time. It was a great era for movies and music. I live off the nostalgia and a time period where life was a little simpler and fun.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 87680
So it's 1987 a killer in one of the worst masks in horrordy history has killed three girls then abruptly stops until 35 years later when an annoying Gen z chic accidentally goes back in time to 1987
Can she prevent these murders from happening and get back to 2023?

Ugh where to start with this one. First off its a Blum house production so that's never a good sign of quality. The script was seemingly written by a bunch of mid to late teen overprogressive tik-tok Gen zer's who are ashamed of one of the greatest decades in horror movie history being the 80's, there's literally several lines where the main girl berates the other characters for homophobic & fat quips because "it's great to be gay and your comment had deeply hurtful undertones and it is not OK"
That's an actual quote from this thing, I shit you not
It's actually a shame because the premise is decent and if it were executed properly with a decent script, capable director and without the PC shite that's everywhere now, it could have been a fun 100 minute watch, instead the only saving grace was hearing bizarre love triangle by new order and the killing moon by echo and the bunnymen.

. 05/5
Damn. I saw the trailer and thought, "yeah, it could be good. But they could also make an arse of it"

Sounds like they made an arse of it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I may still watch it though. I have a weird taste in films. I haven't watched too many Blumhouse films, but I've loved everyone I watched.

M3gan wasn't super great, but it was good and I enjoyed it enough. Happy Death Day I absolutely loved. Sequel was alright but went a bit stupid. Even loved Split.

Plus there's Paranormal Activity, the Purge, Get Out. Blumhouse have some solid stuff under their belt.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Cocaine Bear

A movie about a bear on a cocaine-fueled bender? Yes, this is indeed the perfect script (and title) for a horror-comedy movie, and that's exactly what this is.

This movie marked the final film by legendary Ray Liotta, and it pretty much is exactly what you would expect it to be - a bear attacking people and eating cocaine, There's not much more to it than that.

4/10.

There was one entertaining scene in this film - the bear chasing the ambulance with "I just can't get enough" playing in the background:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cocaine Bear

A movie about a bear on a cocaine-fueled bender? Yes, this is indeed the perfect script (and title) for a horror-comedy movie, and that's exactly what this is.

This movie marked the final film by legendary Ray Liotta, and it pretty much is exactly what you would expect it to be - a bear attacking people and eating cocaine, There's not much more to it than that.

4/10.

There was one entertaining scene in this film - the bear chasing the ambulance with "I just can't get enough" playing in the background:

In Lebanon, its called "Rack Dib" lol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
theflash.jpg

After helping performing his usual grunt work for the justice league and trying to prove his father's innocence, Barry Allen goes back in time to try to prevent a tragedy but ends up getting stuck in an alternate timeline.

Watched this on the plane a few days ago and wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

Even with it's faults which there are quite a few as this took almost ten years to come out from when filmed apparently with reshoots galore, it could have been a lot worse.

Aside from the CGI being horrendous and the overall story lacking structure, the end product was quite entertaining, plus it's worth watching just to see Michael Keaton as Batman again.

3/5

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 90021
After helping performing his usual grunt work for the justice league and trying to prove his father's innocence, Barry Allen goes back in time to try to prevent a tragedy but ends up getting stuck in an alternate timeline.

Watched this on the plane a few days ago and wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

Even with it's faults which there are quite a few as this took almost ten years to come out from when filmed apparently with reshoots galore, it could have been a lot worse.

Aside from the CGI being horrendous and the overall story lacking structure, the end product was quite entertaining, plus it's worth watching just to see Michael Keaton as Batman again.

3/5
I enjoyed it too Chimp, despite its flaws. Hey have you seen Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny? It would be great to hear your view. As you probably know I’m a big Indy fan

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
BRAKING NEWS!!
Last week on the previous page I posted about ‘It Follows’ and how it’s how considered the best slow burn horro of the 20th century.
Well today it got announced that after 9 years it’s going to get a sequel. They Follows.
Unilad dropped it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Dave Franco wants to star in the sequel.
‘"It’s such a simple, brilliant concept, and it’s hard to believe that no one had ever done it before. It feels timeless. And the filmmaking is incredible," he said of the film.’
58F9C1A6-3E70-4DF7-A9E0-0D9177D90DF7.jpeg

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched The Expendables 4. Despite the very dodgy Cgi and some cheesy one liners it was great fun. It is exactly what you expect from this franchise, over the top action scenes, combined with plenty of over the top violence.

If you are interested in watching it. I suggest you leave your brain at the door and enjoy the mindless fun.

Gamers might spot this. The movie sees the last act on a navy ship. The set up, and action on the boat, has got to be a nod to the video game, Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty..only missing is the rain! Oh one more thing that sways me to this thought, the main villain’s name in the film is Ocelot. The same name of the central protagonist in Metal Gear Solid game series..[\Spoiler]

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched The Expendables 4. Despite the very dodgy Cgi and some cheesy one liners it was great fun. It is exactly what you expect from this franchise, over the top action scenes, combined with plenty of over the top violence.

If you are interested in watching it. I suggest you leave your brain at the door and enjoy the mindless fun.

Gamers might spot this. The movie sees the last act on a navy ship. The set up, and action on the boat, has got to be a nod to the video game, Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty..only missing is the rain! Oh one more thing that sways me to this thought, the main villain’s name in the film is Ocelot. The same name of the central protagonist in Metal Gear Solid game series..[\Spoiler]
Zzzzzzz
Sounds like yet another cookie cutter action movie from a can.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I like cookies!
Some do. Different drugs for different thugs.
I personally like mental stimulation or more importantly not being able to foresee what happens next.
Hence why It Follows appeals to me. You have no idea what the next scene will entail.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some do. Different drugs for different thugs.
I personally like mental stimulation or more importantly not being able to foresee what happens next.
Hence why It Follows appeals to me. You have no idea what the next scene will entail.
Absolutely. Sometimes I don’t mind watching movies that are just chewing gum for the brain.
I’ve seen It Follows..personally not a big fan. Should have another watch..

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cocaine Bear

4/10.

Cocaine Bear you gave it 4 more than i have

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I enjoyed it too Chimp, despite its flaws. Hey have you seen Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny? It would be great to hear your view. As you probably know I’m a big Indy fan
I'm yet to get to that one. I downloaded all the indy movies but there's no audio so I'll have to revisit those that at a later date