Movie Discussion

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No i mean just the way they mashed the exact same story lines/plot into the FA, for mine that was just lazy and terrible, i get they where trying to give a big salute to the original 3 but they could have done it without just blindly copying the same plot points. If you watched the original 3 and than watched FA back to back, you would be like WTF, its the same damn movie again lol
They literally changed genders that’s the only difference lol. Like became Rey, Poe became lair sending off the info.
And they killed off the best part of Star Wars, fkn Han Solo. Without him in the originals I think Star Wars would have been shit.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahhhh fuck I loved em director he nailed the dark and uneasy tone. I’m so tired of the lightened tones and you feel like everything will always be fine. That first crazy scene at the border I thought both sides were gonna get wrecked but to my delightful surprise the Americans wiped them out with ease hahaha.

If the director brings the dark uneasy tone I’ll be very happy.
This is what Josh brolin said about it anyway:

“I think it’s just more severe, man. All the way around. I think the characters are more severe. I think the movie is more severe. I think it’s just much bigger. It’s just a bigger scope film. Like I said, when I saw it it was like Sicario felt like a small movie to me, even though it was a very intimate movie. I’ve always said I don’t understand why bigger movies can’t be just as intimate, if not more intimate. Why do they have to be less emotional? I think Soldado‘s a perfect example of that. I think it’s extremely emotional. I think it’s extremely tense and it deals with similar subject matters.”

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not lost at all. The kid at the end picking up the broomstick with the force representing a new wave of rebellion, Not lost at all.

But that's not the star wars world.

It was a big deal in TFA that rey was left stranded and then to toss it out the way they Did shit shit shit shit

There was just no point to the movie, none, zilch, nadda
I meant two points on that kid:

1) Rey came from nothing but became poweful just like that kid has the potential to do

2) That kid will probably be a key character in the next trilogy

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe or @CaptainJackson is the last jedi at-least original this time, like not a mashed up sort of reboot like force awakens?
Yep. It's definitely original. I think Jacko is overstating how had it was. As I said, I loved it. But it wasn't exactly a movie that drove the storyline forward. It was a movie that needed to happen because it was about the character development rather than the story development, but it was an intermission between two movies. It was definitely very different to the other movies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
True there can’t be an good powerful male lead only evil so the powerful empowered female can defeat the powerful not powerful evil villain and claim victory for females all around from trans specie females to female atmospheric planets.

Is there any point to the black character? Is he essentially just there to say look a black guy exists in a galaxy far far away and a long long time ago that werent slaves?
Pretty much. They cover the slave angle too in a side story line but the black dude is just there 'cause he's there. Nothing much to him.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I meant two points on that kid:

1) Rey came from nothing but became poweful just like that kid has the potential to do

2) That kid will probably be a key character in the next trilogy
1. I know hacky, one can even say that rey came from the same planet due to her parents history.

In any case the force has always been random, Not for the Skywalkers. Don't forget Jedis weren't allowed to have love interests so they couldn't pass it down.

2. Maybe maybe not. But the fact that the two main points from the 1st movie they just threw out like garbage and they pissed all over Luke Skywalker (that live hologram shit was garbage).

The only thing they did right was kylos development. Everything else was piss poor

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. I know hacky, one can even say that rey came from the same planet due to her parents history.

In any case the force has always been random, Not for the Skywalkers. Don't forget Jedis weren't allowed to have love interests so they couldn't pass it down.

2. Maybe maybe not. But the fact that the two main points from the 1st movie they just threw out like garbage and they pissed all over Luke Skywalker (that live hologram shit was garbage).

The only thing they did right was kylos development. Everything else was piss poor
I think that was planned. It's like the Matrix triology and Lost. People came up with every plausible scenrio and the writers ended up picking the scenario that they thought was best and everyone hated it. In the case of Lost people picked it straight off the bat. They said, "They're in purgatory" and the directors said, "No, it's not purgatory" and turns out, it was purgatory.

I think in this case they just said, "We can't possibly create a story that will beat every theory people have come up with so fuck it, let's just write it all off"

The Rey thing is technically still open though. Most people think it is as Kylo said but there are many who believe it's more complex than that.

My completely wacked out theory was that they were going to introduce time travel to the Star Wars universe. Rey travels back in time and creates Anakin to bring balance to the force.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that was planned. It's like the Matrix triology and Lost. People came up with every plausible scenrio and the writers ended up picking the scenario that they thought was best and everyone hated it. In the case of Lost people picked it straight off the bat. They said, "They're in purgatory" and the directors said, "No, it's not purgatory" and turns out, it was purgatory.

I think in this case they just said, "We can't possibly create a story that will beat every theory people have come up with so fuck it, let's just write it all off"

The Rey thing is technically still open though. Most people think it is as Kylo said but there are many who believe it's more complex than that.

My completely wacked out theory was that they were going to introduce time travel to the Star Wars universe. Rey travels back in time and creates Anakin to bring balance to the force.
Yeah the internet has really ruined surprises and stuff in movie trilogies, without doubt if the original star wars was released in our current times someone would have guessed the whole vader/luke/leia connection and posted online about it and people would have picked up on it.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SPOILER rant review.........

Just saw it. Legit not gonna bother with the next one what the fucj is the point? It’s like the rise of the sjw, purple haired lesbians, fkn even managed to put environmental politics in the movie. Fat Asian bitch that had no purpose. Just so many politics over story telling and getting rid of the Skywalker name almost so they can have that whole oh you don’t need to come from the Skywalker family to be powerful even though anakin was literally created by the fucken force! It’s like a movie can’t have a chosen one anymore they have to be a random tranny child or a female to not be deemed offensive and accepting of all. I mean go fuck yourselves Disney.
Can’t believe the send off for fkn luke.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty much. They cover the slave angle too in a side story line but the black dude is just there 'cause he's there. Nothing much to him.
THey made him useless just saw the movie. I can see why die hard Star Wars fans hated it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok so I'll be watching my favorite 5 Christmas movies this week, getting into the Christmas Spirit and all...

- Home Alone 1 & 2
- Elf
- Scrooged

And traditionally on Christmas night, I'll watch either Christmas Vacation (if it's on TV, usually is on Christmas night) or I'll watch Jingle All The Way.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok so I'll be watching my favorite 5 Christmas movies this week, getting into the Christmas Spirit and all...

- Home Alone 1 & 2
- Elf
- Scrooged

And traditionally on Christmas night, I'll watch either Christmas Vacation (if it's on TV, usually is on Christmas night) or I'll watch Jingle All The Way.
How you are not watching the two best Christmas movies ever (Die Hard and Bad Santa) is beyond me

Wahesh

Reaction score
How you are not watching the two best Christmas movies ever (Die Hard and Bad Santa) is beyond me
I usually watch Die Hard and Die Hard 2 if I'm in an action-kind of mood. I watched Die Hard back in 2015 because I thought Alan Rickman played an awesome villain in that movie... and he was dead weeks later :(

Bad Santa is ok. I loved the part where he bashes those bullies who gave that fat kid a black eye :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

- Home Alone 1 & 2
- Elf
- Scrooged

- Die Hard
- Die Hard 2
- A Good Day to Die Hard

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah but I classify them as action movies rather than family movies lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's good to have some nice family Christmas songs too