Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched The Marvels.

Going in, it was hard to know what to expect. Every right wing Conservative spammed it as the worst movie ever made. And every left wing progressive spammed it as the greatest movie ever made.

I have to say that I'm pretty tired of Marvel movies. They all follow the same crap formula in every movie. And this movie wasn't excellent. But it was fun. Definitely one of the better Marvel movies I have seen in a long time. Not without it's problems, but if you switch your brain off then it's just dumb fun.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched The Marvels.

Going in, it was hard to know what to expect. Every right wing Conservative spammed it as the worst movie ever made. And every left wing progressive spammed it as the greatest movie ever made.

I have to say that I'm pretty tired of Marvel movies. They all follow the same crap formula in every movie. And this movie wasn't excellent. But it was fun. Definitely one of the better Marvel movies I have seen in a long time. Not without it's problems, but if you switch your brain off then it's just dumb fun.
Most hero movies follow the formula
- Hero gets ass kicked a few times.
- Hero does soul searching, training montage, gets inspired by someone else etc and comes back to kick ass.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deadpool and Wolverine Super Bowl trailer..looks good!

ps. Love the Wolverine ‘reveal’..

Hell yeah. I think this one deserves a trip to the movies. It'll be interesting to see how they balance the serious nature of Wolverine with the zaniness of Deadpool. I think it'll be hilarious though.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've loved all the recent POTA's movies and this one looks like it will live up to the standard of the rest made recently. The old ones were great for the times too. But the CGI work on these and the action sequences are brilliant.
The series is just quality and ticks all the boxes for me.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Don't bother with Beekeeper. It's a fukking terrible movie.
I watched it and I actually enjoyed it. I'm not sure what you'd be expecting. You know it's got Jason Statham, you know it'll have action, and it was just that.

In fact I thought it was genius the way they showed the scammers call centre. Sure it they glamorised it, but it was fantastic.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched it and I actually enjoyed it. I'm not sure what you'd be expecting. You know it's got Jason Statham, you know it'll have action, and it was just that.

In fact I thought it was genius the way they showed the scammers call centre. Sure it they glamorised it, but it was fantastic.
haven’t watched it yet but dad and brother said it was good. Looking like I’ll get onto watching it on my box soon.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember a time when Statham did good movies.

The rot started around the time he went from the Transporter to the Transporter 2.
[/QUOTE
You ever seen the Bank Job? It’s a different Stratham..but it’s great! And I’m sure you’ve seen Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels..Oh and Spy..which he is superb in!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've seen the Bank job a few times. its a movie i don't mind watching again. Cool soundtrack.