Movie Discussion

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, part of the Eternals stuff. But he joined the Avengers at one stage.

There's a number of immortals in Marvel called "The Eternals" which this movie is based on. But in the comics, Thanos is an Eternal.
If this guy calls himself Gilga, how do they incorporate Assyria/Mesopotamia in the movie?

Do They mention the Annuakki link to us?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If this guy calls himself Gilga, how do they incorporate Assyria/Mesopotamia in the movie?

Do They mention the Annuakki link to us?
Don't think so.

Basically the way it went was that he was created around 1 million years ago and roamed the earth since then. In Mesopotamia the locals thought he was Gilgamesh so they praised him. In other cultures they thought he was Samson, and Hercules. He was always just a super strong dude. Not really related to the actual Epic of Gilgamesh tales though other than the people reading the tales and seeing a strong guy, then thinking he is it. I think in the Marvel universe the tales are still considered a poem that people took too seriously.

They may change the story for this movie though as they often do that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't think so.

Basically the way it went was that he was created around 1 million years ago and roamed the earth since then. In Mesopotamia the locals thought he was Gilgamesh so they praised him. In other cultures they thought he was Samson, and Hercules. He was always just a super strong dude. Not really related to the actual Epic of Gilgamesh tales though other than the people reading the tales and seeing a strong guy, then thinking he is it. I think in the Marvel universe the tales are still considered a poem that people took too seriously.

They may change the story for this movie though as they often do that.
Thanks for the info my bro.

Just got excited when I heard Gilgamesh and saw the blue walls of Assyria in the trailer.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. I never knew "Colorist" was a thing. They're literally paid to colour in comic books.

Going to be hard to replace this guy. They're going to need to find someone who can colour in between the lines. So basically, anyone over 6 heads old.
Chasing Amy - Tracer

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Make new characters..leave the old ones alone..
They did. This character is not Clark Kent, he's Clark Kent's son who took up the mantle of "Superman"

Although as he's gay (or bi), they could have created a new character and called it "Thuperman"

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They did. This character is not Clark Kent, he's Clark Kent's son who took up the mantle of "Superman"

Although as he's gay (or bi), they could have created a new character and called it "Thuperman"
I know its his son.. I’m referring to Truth Justice and the American Way kinda stuff..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know its his son.. I’m referring to Truth Justice and the American Way kinda stuff..
Yeah, that's a little different. I don't see an issue with changing that because:

1) He's not really American and he doesn't just protect America. One of Superman's key tenants is that he won't fight in a war for America and won't interfere with international conflicts because he's meant to be neutral for all. So "the American way" is kind of out of character for who he is

2) The American Way can be interpreted many ways, but it's generally crying freedom while bombing children in a foreign country. Not the most Superman thing

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a little different. I don't see an issue with changing that because:

1) He's not really American and he doesn't just protect America. One of Superman's key tenants is that he won't fight in a war for America and won't interfere with international conflicts because he's meant to be neutral for all. So "the American way" is kind of out of character for who he is

2) The American Way can be interpreted many ways, but it's generally crying freedom while bombing children in a foreign country. Not the most Superman thing
Yeah but that’s his mantra..always has been.. his old fashioned beliefs learnt from Ma and Pa Kent..that’s his American way..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Escape Room I've heard is an excellent movie to watch on Netflix.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but that’s his mantra..always has been.. his old fashioned beliefs learnt from Ma and Pa Kent..that’s his American way..
Na ma and pa Kent were wrong for not being educated enough on alien life and bringing him up the krytpnian way which I’m sure they had countries themselves so then you have to work out what race of kryptonian he was, and what that culture was like. Was he from north or south Lebanon for example? Cultures differ greatly in regions in the same country. So I mean this a mad slippery slope for the sake of justifying this ridiculous viral infection known as woke. The American way also defeated the actual Nazis and was around the time superman as a character was made. Why play with this shit lol. They literally making it an offensive thing to be proud murican, yet reap the rewards of Muricas efforts from the past that allowed all this freedom we have today. And as for his son, never was it ever uttered he was gay, this just more of that woke shit. Go fiddle with other families not already established.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Na ma and pa Kent were wrong for not being educated enough on alien life and bringing him up the krytpnian way which I’m sure they had countries themselves so then you have to work out what race of kryptonian he was, and what that culture was like. Was he from north or south Lebanon for example? Cultures differ greatly in regions in the same country. So I mean this a mad slippery slope for the sake of justifying this ridiculous viral infection known as woke. The American way also defeated the actual Nazis and was around the time superman as a character was made. Why play with this shit lol. They literally making it an offensive thing to be proud murican, yet reap the rewards of Muricas efforts from the past that allowed all this freedom we have today. And as for his son, never was it ever uttered he was gay, this just more of that woke shit. Go fiddle with other families not already established.
The 1977 Superman film..the world was just as cynical coming off the back of the Vietnam..still used the line, ‘Truth, Justice, and the American way..’ and showed it could be still used and relevant..To do it, the script had Lois scoff at it when he said it..but Supes truly believed it..to him it was values he learnt from Ma and Pa Kent..it was not the overseas wars or politics..he believed in these true values and wanted to live by em.. He embodied this goodness..

As for the other stuff comes off as a little bit of Tokenism..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 1977 Superman film..the world was just as cynical coming off the back of the Vietnam..still used the line, ‘Truth, Justice, and the American way..’ and showed it could be still used and relevant..To do it, the script had Lois scoff at it when he said it..but Supes truly believed it..to him it was values he learnt from Ma and Pa Kent..it was not the overseas wars or politics..he believed in these true values and wanted to live by em.. He embodied this goodness..

As for the other stuff comes off as a little bit of Tokenism..
It’s gone beyond tokenism but you’re right. I mean superman was created by Americans for American public. Makes sense his motto is the American way right. Especially considering the times he was created. Communism was going crazy especially nazism. And America stood for everything against those morally corrupt ideologies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched The Dry. Was pleasantly surprised, good movie worth watching. Had me guessing wrong the whole way

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s gone beyond tokenism but you’re right. I mean superman was created by Americans for American public. Makes sense his motto is the American way right. Especially considering the times he was created. Communism was going crazy especially nazism. And America stood for everything against those morally corrupt ideologies.
Holy shit..we are agreeing on a topic like this..the world has gone mad!!:fearscream:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched The Dry. Was pleasantly surprised, good movie worth watching. Had me guessing wrong the whole way
I'm hoping they turn Harper's other three novels into films. She's the best Aussie author ivé read in a long time.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love watching foreign films in their original language with subtitles, especially Korean movies. The Korean Actors in squid game are fantastic and are as good as any, my only complaint is the low rent white actors and their cheesy lines in English.... should've just kept all dialogue in Korean....
Not sure why but watching subtitles seems to keep you more involved in a movie,I hate ww2 movies when Germans have an English accent, it seems to loose something

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah right. Was The Dry a true story??
No. I don't think its really based on anything. I had reservations as Eric Bana is about 15 years older than his character in the book, but it all worked really well.