Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think they've catered to the fact that Sonic has been around for long enough that some people who loved the game would want to see it. So while it's not on the same level as Shrek with adult jokes among humour for kids. It has some pretty funny moments. But it is probably more of a kids movie. I found Jim Carrey a bit annoying in it.
If Jim Carrey was annoying that's a credit to how much of a brilliant actor he is. If someone acts a role really well to the point where it draws you in and think certain things about the character, it means the actor behind them is doing the job well.

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 13336 Just watched another very good movie, it’s called- 3 from hell. produced, and created by Rob Zombie, so you know it will be good...!!

bloodthirsty killers break out after 10 years in prison, itching to settle scores, unleash chaos and carnage on anything that moves.

Will do, Scoob.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Rob Zombies wife is in it.
I reviewed this movie a few pages back... https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/movie-discussion.102741/page-153#post-3687028
My 2 brothers Scooby and Tank... I love you both but I agree with our other brother @The_Chimpster on this one. For obvious reasons Tank I reckon you won't like it (I won't ruin it for you though but you'll know what I'm talking about when it happens). Probably don't read my review either then lol.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Jim Carrey was annoying that's a credit to how much of a brilliant actor he is. If someone acts a role really well to the point where it draws you in and think certain things about the character, it means the actor behind them is doing the job well.
I'd describe his performance as an evil rendition of Ace Ventura with a superiority complex. It does fit the character he's playing, but it's not new ground for him. It does make him ultimately hatable which is the desired effect. But I think dr robotnic will appeal to kids more than adults. I've just seen him play very similar roles too often to think he's got any ability to evolve.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This stunk worse than a hobos armpit
It was good lol, it’s was random, different and strange, sometimes you gotta appreciate a movie with fuck all thought put in lol. Well I did ! Was worth watching haha

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was good lol, it’s was random, different and strange, sometimes you gotta appreciate a movie with fuck all thought put in lol. Well I did ! Was worth watching haha
I'm a fan of Rob zombies movies. I enjoyed his Halloween remake, at least the first one. House of 1000 corpses and the devils rejects were great. But I thought this one was terrible. Shoddy direction, awful script, annoying characters and just an absolute mess. Plus the plot was dragged out for like half an hour

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Rob zombies movies. I enjoyed his Halloween remake, at least the first one. House of 1000 corpses and the devils rejects were great. But I thought this one was terrible. Shoddy direction, awful script, annoying characters and just an absolute mess. Plus the plot was dragged out for like half an hour
Lol, yea agree.. but I liked the characters, especially his wife In this, playing the ditzy bitch. Idk, I stumbled upon randomly an it Just caught my attention in an odd way.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jordan Peele has been doing good. Hopefully this reboot is just as good. Loved the original!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Room

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3170832/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Held captive for 7 years in an enclosed space, a woman and her young son finally gain their freedom, allowing the boy to experience the outside world for the first time.

This movie, while set in the US, is inspired by the Josef Fritzl case, and is heavily focused on the boy experiencing the outside world for the first time. As he's been in the room his entire life, he thinks that the Room is the world, and everything outside is space. He and his mother escape, and have trouble settling back into society.

Not a bad movie for what it was, certainly will give people and insight into what the Fritzl case really was like.

6½/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Equalizer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455944/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A man believes he has put his mysterious past behind him and has dedicated himself to beginning a new, quiet life, before he meets a young girl under the control of ultra-violent Russian gangsters and can't stand idly by.

Denzel Washington is at his best in this movie. Quite humble but deadly at the same time. Rather than going in with brute force, he shows his intelligence in the way he fights and what he predicts will happen based on the environment he' in.

Brilliant movie.

9/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Superfast

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2933474/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A spoof on The Fast and the Furious (2001) and the following F&F movies. An undercover cop joins a gang of criminal street racers to get close to the LA crime kingpin.

Let's just say I watched this to see what it could do. It managed to get a chuckle out of me here and there, but that's about it. I'm actually wondering what goes through the mind of those approving this movie for production when you look at results like this:

Budget: $20,000,000 (estimated)

Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $2,075,731

Loosing close to $18,000,000 on a stupid movie... did they expect something better? Seriously.

3/10.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Superfast

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2933474/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A spoof on The Fast and the Furious (2001) and the following F&F movies. An undercover cop joins a gang of criminal street racers to get close to the LA crime kingpin.

Let's just say I watched this to see what it could do. It managed to get a chuckle out of me here and there, but that's about it. I'm actually wondering what goes through the mind of those approving this movie for production when you look at results like this:

Budget: $20,000,000 (estimated)

Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $2,075,731

Loosing close to $18,000,000 on a stupid movie... did they expect something better? Seriously.

3/10.
These spoofs are all terrible imo

Haven't seen this one, nor will I but I'd imagine it wouldn't be that much worse than any of the FF movies :tongueclosed:

Wahesh

Reaction score
These spoofs are all terrible imo

Haven't seen this one, nor will I but I'd imagine it wouldn't be that much worse than any of the FF movies :tongueclosed:
It's waaay worse than the FF movies. Put it this way... I'm a FF nut, so for me to literally fall asleep during this movie, only to wake up and turn it off before the end speaks volumes.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's waaay worse than the FF movies. Put it this way... I'm a FF nut, so for me to literally fall asleep during this movie, only to wake up and turn it off before the end speaks volumes.
I know you are bro

I'm just yanking your chain

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images.jpeg

Miles is a video game developer who inadvertently becomes the next participant in a real-life death match that streams online. While Miles soon excels at running away from everything, that won't help him outlast Nix, a killer at the top of her game.

A low budget film, with some great leads.

Daniel Radcliffe has shaken off that Harry Potter curse and proven to be a good actor and the more I see of Samara Weaving the more I like:hearteyes:
Impressive action sequences, solid direction but let down by lack of story, some pretty poor editing, dialogue as well as side characters but end of the day, there's more good than bad here imo

Just turn off your brain for an hour and a half and enjoy the ride.

3.2/5