Movie Discussion

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Joker also brought in the "what ifs". The question over the whole ending being how much of it actually happened and how much was in his own mind.
SPOILERS AHEAD

That's exactly like American Psycho. In both movies it was all in their head (Joker is probably a bit more ambiguous than AP). Big difference was their backgrounds - Bateman was one of privilege, whilst Arthur's was anything but.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
SPOILERS AHEAD

That's exactly like American Psycho. In both movies it was all in their head (Joker is probably a bit more ambiguous than AP). Big difference was their backgrounds - Bateman was one of privilege, whilst Arthur's was anything but.
Do you reckon all of Bateman’s murders were in his head? I’m gunna have to watch again.. I read the book years again.. it came in sealed plastic!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you reckon all of Bateman’s murders were in his head? I’m gunna have to watch again.. I read the book years again.. it came in sealed plastic!!
The movie I think make it a bit obvious, but that might be influenced because i'd read the book beforehand, which does a brilliant job of keeping you guessing.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I never seen MrRobot my man.. Is it good?
Hmmm... i thought the first season was brilliant, and ended on a huge high. I then got a bit lost towards the end of the 2nd season as it struggled to keep things going in my view, and stopped watching after that.

I think they should have just left it at one season.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The movie I think make it a bit obvious, but that might be influenced because i'd read the book beforehand, which does a brilliant job of keeping you guessing.
I reckon he did a couple..freaky movie.. Ou mentioned Fight Club I read the book and watched the movie..both I enjoyed..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon he did a couple..freaky movie.. Ou mentioned Fight Club I read the book and watched the movie..both I enjoyed..
I think the book would be good, but i tend to not read a book if i've already seen the film. I feel it will give me some sort of pre-conceived idea of what the characters are like etc, plus the plot has already been spoiled!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... i thought the first season was brilliant, and ended on a huge high. I then got a bit lost towards the end of the 2nd season as it struggled to keep things going in my view, and stopped watching after that.

I think they should have just left it at one season.
I liked the first and 2nd season but fell off by season 3. Your right but, season 1 was brilliant. On a side note, Stephanie Corneliussen is god damn gorgeous!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Rush Hour

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120812/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A loyal and dedicated Hong Kong Inspector teams up with a reckless and loudmouthed L.A.P.D. detective to rescue the Chinese Consul's kidnapped daughter, while trying to arrest a dangerous crime lord along the way.

It's the first time I've watched this movie amazingly. I've seen bits and pieces over the years but never the full thing. I think it's almost as good as it's sequel. Pretty funny as you'd imagine, and Chris Tucker is his vintage self. Good movie if you're up for some action with a few laughs along the way.

7½/10

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
New Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker trailer.. meh

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rush Hour

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120812/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A loyal and dedicated Hong Kong Inspector teams up with a reckless and loudmouthed L.A.P.D. detective to rescue the Chinese Consul's kidnapped daughter, while trying to arrest a dangerous crime lord along the way.

It's the first time I've watched this movie amazingly. I've seen bits and pieces over the years but never the full thing. I think it's almost as good as it's sequel. Pretty funny as you'd imagine, and Chris Tucker is his vintage self. Good movie if you're up for some action with a few laughs along the way.

7½/10
TBH, this is the only scene I remember from these films (this is from Rush Hour 3).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of the Skywalker story.. However I reckon more sequels will be made..Disney loves the money!!!
I tend to agree. They cancelled the trilogy that was going to take place after this but they'll keep pumping stuff out.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of the Skywalker story.. However I reckon more sequels will be made..Disney loves the money!!!
Yep. The phenomenon known as jumping the shark. It happens way too often with tv and movies these days. As long as they're still making money they'll keep pushing them.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. The phenomenon known as jumping the shark. It happens way too often with tv and movies these days. As long as they're still making money they'll keep pushing them.
You know it’s no longer the Fonz jumping the shark..it’s Indiana Jones and Nuke the fridge..another ‘franchise’ Disney now owns..and will no doubt destroy..if it hasn’t already died after the Crystal Skull..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jurassic world: Fallen Kingdom.
I watched this last night and thought it was a decent movie if you enjoyed the first 4 in the franchise. It really stepped back towards the plot idea of the original movie. I was critical of a few things to do with the premise of the movie which I won't talk about to avoid any spoilers. I'll just say that if you had the means to extract dinosaurs worth a small fortune from an island, why wait for the impending destruction of the island.

It seemed to drop down to a very small scale as well. The previous movies had expansive sets comprising exotic islands which they used to add scale to the dinosaurs and a sense of beauty to them. This movie was largely shot in a mansion with just one nasty Dino to worry about for the bulk of the movie.

It succeeded in bringing plenty of edge of the seat action together though. And to an extent the idea behind the story was good. But it did raise plenty of questions of logic.

Overall a pretty good movie if you don't over think it.
7/10

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's all going the online streaming series now. They have recently confirmed that there will be an Obi-Wan TV series starting Ewan McGregor on Disney +

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know it’s no longer the Fonz jumping the shark..it’s Indiana Jones and Nuke the fridge..another ‘franchise’ Disney now owns..and will no doubt destroy..if it hasn’t already died after the Crystal Skull..
You could write a list of movies where they've jumped the shark that would make a phone book feel inadequate. Among them would be
- The fast and furious
- The Terminator series
- The Saw franchise
- The Bourne series
- Pirates of the Carribbean

I hope that the next Indiana Jones movie cuts the mustard. But kingdom of the lost skull was pretty ordinary in comparison to the prequels.