Official Mounties (NSW Cup) 2021

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just left unfortunately had to go Mountys winning 22-6. They only scored while Declan Cassey was in the bin for 10. Some the Mountys team need to work on there fitness. Otherwise they where playing well. They contained Suaali up till I left well

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rhyse Davies probably the best half at our club ATM lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't see anything from the game but Ava has supposedly been playing well in Reserves all season and had another big game yesterday..

10 runs, 178 metres, 5 tackle breaks, a try, 19 tackles, 1 missed.

Drop Napa the fraud and promote Ava. We have nothing to lose. I don't think Crapa could put up those numbers in three reserve grade games..

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see anything from the game but Ava has supposedly been playing well in Reserves all season and had another big game yesterday..

Drop Napa the fraud and promote Ava. We have nothing to lose. I don't think Crapa could put up those numbers in three reserve grade games..
Not sure why we haven't already done this since we took another spot in the top 30 to promote him.

Anyway the nrlol will probably suspend Hetherington for the rest of the season so I'm sure we will see him soon.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Did he make a line break? How did he make those metres from only 10 runs..

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Bring him in for Hetherington. Probs will need to persist with Napa playing 20 min per game until Hetherington or Jackson gets back. I would also move Thompson to an edge. Play keeps breaking down there, need someone who can break a tackle. Elliot can play lock or replace Waddell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It was 14 runs, 60m were from kick returns and he had 86 post contact metres.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah he had a line break. I'm not sure how many of those metres came off the one run. He had like 86 post contact metres for the game so you wouldn't think too many were from the line break or he could outrun everyone that far. He's a big boy! Haha.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mounties maul Bears in crushing victory
Author: Mitchell Farrugia
NSWRL.com.au

Mounties have knocked off the third-placed Bears comfortably by 20 points at Aubrey Keech Reserve in the Knock-On Effect NSW Cup.

From the outset, Mounties began to assert their dominance as winger Watson Heleta found his way over the line inside the first two minutes. However, the try was ruled back for an obstruction in the build-up.

Mounties' defensive pressure held the Bears down in their half as they continued to force errors.

Relentless repeat sets close to the line finally broke the Bears as lock Joe Stimson burst through a gaping hole in centre field to score under the posts.

Continuing to hold all the ball, quick hands and a lofted ball from playmaker Brandon Wakeham saw Watson Heleta pick up a try.

As pressure continued to mount, North’s goal-line defence turned to water. Wakeham turned the screws as Dean Matterson strolled through a gaping hole on the right side to extend Mounties' lead to 18 points after 30 minutes.

Josh Ralph’s dancing feet looked as if they had put the Bears on the board, but the try was called back as there was a clear obstruction.

North Sydney threatened towards the end of the half, but couldn’t find a way past Mounties as they ran into the sheds leading 18-0 at halftime.

Out for the second half, North Sydney attempted to force their way back into the contest. Close to the line, the Bears muscled their way over through a determined Fletcher Baker, bringing the deficit back to 12 points.

The arm wrestle continued as both sides conjured up some desperate defensive efforts.

It took the class of halves Brandon Wakeham and Rhys Davies to again push Mounties further ahead. Davies' bullet-like pass to centre Declan Casey allowed him space to dive over on the left-hand side of the field.

The Bears continued to keep the door on a miraculous comeback open. A well-placed kick from Ronald Volkman close to the line found its way into the hands of fullback Brad Abbey, who picked up his second try for 2021.

Drawing towards the final minutes of the clash, Mounties added to their lead through a well-executed crash play close to the line.

Not finished just yet, Mounties flexed their muscle once more, scoring as the full-time hooter sounded. Mounties' impressive game management saw them record a comprehensive 32-12 victory over the Bears.

Mounties 32 (Joe Stimson, Watson Heleta, Dean Matterson, Declan Casey, Ava Seumanufagai, Watson Heleta tries: Brandon Wakeham 4 goals) def. North Sydney Bears 12 (Fletcher Baker, Brad Abbey tries: Ronald Volkman, Tom Carr goals)