Mount Rushmore of Belmore

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay but answer me this how do you suggest
Josh Jackson or hazem elmasri to maybe be in the top 4. But Chris Anderson only maybe top 20?

what have they did for the club more then what Chris has?

don’t get me wrong he disappointed me the last few years I was expecting more from him and I’m glad he is gone... but he was a successful coach in the 90’s for us and was an International test player at our club...
by no means am I suggesting Jackson a better player. My idea for only “suggesting” a possible Jacko was because if it was to be a banner there may be a case for having the current captain there. Agree though, Anderson definitely more important to the Bulldogs story.

my 4th would be Folkes, with Wok, Johns and McCathy just missing out

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mount and Dogs are not two words that should be used in the same sentence.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If its Influence and culture which qualify the theme.. Then im nominating the following
1. Peter Moore
2. Steve Mortimer
3. Steve Folkes
4. Phil Gould

Honourable mentions
Warren Ryan, Terry Lamb, Chris Anderson, Ted Glossop and Dr George Peponis
DXBCwetW0AA8Kd-.jpeg7f093aad66e7c5dee2767648de002fdd.jpg

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Been thinking, I’m no sign maker, but with all the creative signs you do see, I’d love someone to make a “MOUNT BELMORE” sign based on the famous Mount Rushmore monument.

that said, who’d be your 4?

3 for mine are an absolute given
Steve Mortimer
Terry Lamb
Peter Bullfrog Moore (sorry Nasheed)

that 4th I’m not sure….

Phil Gould? He has only so far won 1 comp for us.
El Masri? Highest point scorer. Punched above his weight.
Tes Glossip? The coach of the entertainers era.
Josh Jackson? Because he’s our current captain
Les Johns? A player of real quality probably the closest to Turvey and Lamb.

for me, probably Warren Wok Ryan. He’s our only coach to win multiple comps and coached 3 Grand Finals in a row in our most successful period to date.

who’d be on yours?
I’m putting in a strong bid for Gentleman Ted Glossop. Before the drought breaking premiership win in 80 (please tell me we will never have to wait 38 years again between titles!) he took a team of rookies in 79, given no hope of advancing past week 1, from 5th place all the way to the GF with 3 breathtaking sudden death wins...and if the GF had been played for another 10 minutes I reckon we would have run down the Dragons after being down by 15 points at half time ( in those days, nobody ever mowed down such a deficit). It was the first time any club had made the GF from the knockout final, but Canterbury would make a habit of doing it over the next 2 decades (95, 98).

Let’s also recall that Glossop was the first of 5 consecutive Dogs first grade coaches to win at least one premiership - followed by Ryan, Gould, Anderson and Folkes. I seriously doubt that any club has come close to matching that record.

He rarely gets mentioned amongst our club legends...but he should be.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Turvey,Baa,Folkesy and ElMasri. Josh Jackson, Steve Price and Geoff Robinson were all in contention For the last spot.