Most Regretful Canterbury Player Release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, was a no-brainer. Finucane get's the minutes he wanted and desrved from She-rex and rex get's shown the door. Also had we kept Sezer than we would not have this halfback problem.
Sezer thought he was bigger than the club at the time, Signed with GC year before Des arrived

Johnny ibrahim

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sezer thought he was bigger than the club at the time, Signed with GC year before Des arrived
I hate when people think sezer thought he was bigger than the club

Ive known aidan from a young age and can tell you he never wanted to leave the dogs
He done his acl in his last year with the dogs and they chose not to offer him a contract
due to having keating just signed with the club ben roberts was still around and josh reynolds
And if you want proof he never wanted to leave he came knocking on the bulldogs door before signing with canberra and the dogs knocked him back

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Ive known aidan from a young age and can tell you he never wanted to leave the dogs
He done his acl in his last year with the dogs and they chose not to offer him a contract
due to having keating just signed with the club ben roberts was still around and josh reynolds
And if you want proof he never wanted to leave he came knocking on the bulldogs door before signing with canberra and the dogs knocked him back

You haven't convinced me yet!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not blaming it on Des, just saying he should never have been allowed to go somewhere else.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Does not surprise me at all with des and crusher

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Truth is mason was a big loss he was a leader and SBW would of stayed .
Not many will agree but mason was the last of the dogs of war

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree, haven't seen it since.
Klem and kasiano have the heart to get it back but dogs of war for years and years worked as a pack not one or two of em carrying the other plodders

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I agree, haven't seen it since.
Klem and kasiano have the heart to get it back but dogs of war for years and years worked as a pack not one or two of em carrying the other plodders
It's sad , I really miss the old days.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not blaming it on Des, just saying he should never have been allowed to go somewhere else.
Understand, I seem to recall that he put a lot of shit on KM, Dymock and the Club at the time to play NRL or he wanted to leave so he signed up mid year 2011 then moved to start the 2012 season.
If I am wrong then please let me know,

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's sad , I really miss the old days.
Yep it's hard to watch them glory days games, just makes me sad realising that our club no longer seem to understand what this club used to represent.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yep it's hard to watch them glory days games, just makes me sad realising that our club no longer seem to understand what this club used to represent.
I was actualy watching YouTube the old dogs of war, what a big change in the way we play

Johnny ibrahim

Waterboy
Reaction score
Understand, I seem to recall that he put a lot of shit on KM, Dymock and the Club at the time to play NRL or he wanted to leave so he signed up mid year 2011 then moved to start the 2012 season.
If I am wrong then please let me know,
You got to remember he was biding his time behind kimmorley and ben roberts was starting 5/8
He done his acl mid 2011 he still thought he would get re signed as he was a hardcore bulldogs supporter i can tell you he loved the club one of my brothers bumped into him in 2011 and asked about his acl rehab and contract issues and he said they don't want me (they as in bulldogs coaching staff KM)
He then got offered a gig at the titans and if it was true he left for fg he would have started the year at the titans in fg his debut was around 8-10 weeks into the year

The dogs signed hodkinson for ridiculous money at the time and then signed keating (because not many people know this but keating and hodkinson played junior footy together) we had reynolds coming through and ben roberts was still at the club so he didnt have much of a choice

But where did ben roberts career go
Keating??
Hodkinson??

I guess you can say it was bad management by both coaching staff
KM for signing hodko and keating
And des for not allowing him to come back

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SWB and Barba they were game changers

Reaction score
Truth is mason was a big loss he was a leader and SBW would of stayed .
Not many will agree but mason was the last of the dogs of war
Totally agree about Big Willie, he was an inspiration. Makes me sick when you compare the Pack we had in those days compared to our current Dogs of War.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Teams feared playing us but not anymore, not with the team we have now. Our recruitment has become shocking. We let go of too many good players who go on to play well for other teams.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank Pritchard

Yes the overall answer is thurston but that has burnt so much im done with it now

Status
Not open for further replies.