Most Pleasing Aspect of our game today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
What do you guys think was our best aspect of the game today?

Personally, I thought our passing game was brilliant. Particularly from Holdsworth and Roberts, but this comes a close second, as the part of our game I was most impressed with was our defence.

The Warriors scoring those 3 tries, gave us a real kick up the ass. After that, we kept them scoreless for 65 mins (or thereabouts). Quite an effort imo, especially the way they were dominating us. Our sliding defence at the end of the match aswell was probably the best for the match. Willie Tonga and Sonny Bill Williams really impressed me today. I can safely say, that today, Sonny Bill earnt his pay cheque. Andrew Ryan lead by example, he deadset made a thousand tackles. lol. He was awesome.

I couldn't be happier with our defence today. It was just outstanding.

The two aspects we need to improve on, are our last tackle options, the kicking game from the young pair (although they were brilliant otherwise) on the 5th, close to the line, was lacking options. They didn't really think about it a great deal, they needed to put the ball on the ground, in behind Vatuvei.

Another phaset we really need to improve is our support play. Willie Mason, Tonga and Williams were getting an arm free almost every time they touched the ball, but rarely was the support there. As soon as the support did arrive for Sonny Bill, Ryan went straight up the middle of them and ironically, support play (from a front rower none the less) won us the damn game.

I am certain, had our support play been better, I would've avoided a near heart attack today.

What a game. Honestly. Even if the Dogs had lost today, we as fans, still would've been winners, because we got to fitness a 5 star game of Rugby League.

I love it.

Thoughts?

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Goal line defence. Warriors had so many sets of six on our line and couldnt break it. They bombed El Masri for a few of there tries, otherwise they just couldnt get through.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
winning was the most pleasing aspect,,

i dont care how they come,
just that they are here,,

tonga's return to form is a pleasing aspect,

and the fact we can take on a big confident warriors side,winning 4 in a row,,without
mcilwain,perry,utai,shifty,hickey and armit,
with mason,omeley and nate backing up from origin,
and come away with the points is amazing,,

we really had the excusses if we lost with that line up,
but instead showed character with a gutsy win.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Er Coastal we had Hughes im pretty sure he gave away a penalty while we had the ball lol

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tonga pleased me, seems dangerous every time he gets the ball, looking forward to seeing him and utuai back together, one thing that did trouble me however was grimaldi's passing from dummy half, put the first reciever under a bit of pressure a couple of times with bad passes which allowed the defence to get up on them.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SBW & TONGA are BACK!

Defence was the best I have seen from the dogs since 2004!

Lets just hope it continues for next week as I think StGeorge are the biggest threat to the title!

GO THE DOGGIES!!

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Zor said:
Er Coastal we had Hughes im pretty sure he gave away a penalty while we had the ball lol
Yeah he played. He tried to milk a penalty by placing the ball on a Warriors defender in the play the ball. The ref called knock on. He should've been penalised earlier in the game when the warriors knocked on, he cleaned up the player about 5 seconds after play had stopped. I couldnt believe he got away with it.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I noticed Hugges was taken off pretty much afetr he gave away a penalty, Good Work Folkes!
Also, Today is the first Time i have Seen folkes Smile since the Grand Final!

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
hmm.. so glad hughes got pulled off after that penalty.. hughes didnt help us today.. he did nothing

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Patience, we didnt try to do something stupid and throw mircale passes etc etc

We hang on Defended GREAT and came away with the points :D

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
composure

16-0 down, we needed to get keep our head level. Alot of teams wouldve lost the game at that stage

MacDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was great to see us hold the warriors for 3 straight sets in the second hald, on our own line!

I liked Ryan's hit on one of their centres in the second half. I think it was the same set of 6, where every single tackle was a massive hit or shoulder charge. its amazing how the Dos can switch on the power like that! It gets tha crowd pumped up too!

We have the best pack in the comp.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bit worried about letting them get to 16 nil, even though it was a good come back, a better team may have been able to shut us out, even though in the modern game that is not a huge lead i guess.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Coming back from 16 nil & keeping the Warrior's try less for the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.