Moses Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

A lot of teams are running a bench hooker so he may get a start there somewhere. Time will tell

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of teams are running a bench hooker so he may get a start there somewhere. Time will tell
That's true and we won a premiership playing a bench hooker, but it's always felt like a bit of a wasted interchange spot to me. I'd rather have a ball playing second rower or lock move into hooker and stack the bench with impact forwards.

N

Natboy

That's true and we won a premiership playing a bench hooker, but it's always felt like a bit of a wasted interchange spot to me. I'd rather have a ball playing second rower or lock move into hooker and stack the bench with impact forwards.
It's a tough one. You don't want as many hookers as the titans have but it would be good to have a bit of zip out of dummy half a bit more

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't want to bag anybody out that is good enough to be playing in any junior rep sides,
because only a small percentage of players ever make it that far.....

...but I have watched him play for a few years now, even an under 20's state of origin
game... and he hasn't done all that much .... I am still not sure what position he actually
plays... sometimes he's a 5/8 or half back ... then he is out in the centres .....

Hope he is not another Ben Roberts =(

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good talent, lots of work to do with his kicking game, but I see him getting a bench spot next season..

Michael Ennis is not an 80min player anymore, we are not getting the impact we should be enough from him. Bringing Mbye on for the last 25min could add some much needed spark around the ruck.

As long as his defence is up to it, why not?
See posts like this makes you sound like an idiot....

For your info... Ennis is the fittest player in FG... Ask your "sources" and they'll confirm.

Mbye is not a hooker he is a FE or C... if you have seen him play then you would have seen that his defence is very questionable around the ruck...

scbrad

New Pup
Reaction score
Moses played the last 6-7 rounds at Hooker in NSW Cup and had a big influence especially in the wins over Cronulla and Newtown

bullpup1971

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
you guys piss me off on one hand you want promote from with in and when we get some one with talent you say there not up to it. so whats it gunna be ? you can't have both.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is that he's a hooker, a centre and a 5/8, all of which we don't need. Great player though.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
you guys piss me off on one hand you want promote from with in and when we get some one with talent you say there not up to it. so whats it gunna be ? you can't have both.
Its more to do with if hes ready. Some players cant step into FG from under 20s and excel, few can. Defence is usually the biggest problem because the under 20s cant tackle to save themselves, so they need time in NSW Cup with some players who play FG, to get that right. People arent saying he will never be right or FG material, they are saying just not yet.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence in U20's is different to the NRL for a few good reasons.

Firstly there are very big differences in size, age and development.

Some of the guys running around are 110kg and athletic, some are 110kg with plenty of baby fat.

You could have a guy that are 20 and guys that are 17.

There are guys running around in that comp that at 80-85kg

Defence can be coached as long as the player has ticker ie Sandow V Thurston.

Also, for most players growing up there is much more focus on attacking play and fitness than defence.

You will always have guys that are just great tacklers but for many, positional play and technique is coached later in their teens and it takes an NRL pre-season or two
to develop the body to compete defensively, especially in the ruck area.

There are a number of guys that are good defenders in the NRL that were suspect as juniors - again look at the size of Thurstons upper body now compared to
when he was 20.

Moses is very tough - he runs hard and would be as quick as Jennings

I compare him to Jennings because I think he could make a very good centre.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO Moses Mbye is a top footballer just waiting for first grade to happen, but he can't be rushed. In the Holden Cup he has played hooker, five eighth and centre and captains the side. At the moment we have Morris, Lafai and Inu (arrgh!) in the centres and Reynolds at five eighth so those positions are covered although we have no decent back ups.

Although Ennis is our current hooker and captain I think his career is on the decline. If I'm right on that one I think Mbye will play NSW Cup as hooker and be brought into first grade to play that position. His blistering speed will give us the go forward which has been missing all season If I'm wrong on that one he will be on the bench as a top class utility.

But like everything else, time will tell.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Moving him to FE at some stage during the game would allow Reynolds to inject himself from dummy half. But you could also do that with Maitua which would probably allow Reynolds and Ennis to playit as they see it in the field with maitua in the forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.