Moses MBye to make NRL Debut against Knights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BoonReturns

Moses went well in his first game. Lots of involvement, ran hard but missed a few chances. Lafai has no worries in losing his spot. Moses will be better closer to the action.

b00merang

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Defs would be better closer to the action where he can have the defence in two minds as he has more options. Thought he was alright tho.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't playing preferred position did ok

K

Kane 'em

Clearly not his position. However, he did well on debut and was unlucky not to snatch a meat pie early on.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Lafai copped a knock in training during the week and failed the concussion test today.

I thought Mbye played with brilliant confidence. Definitely a player of the future.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played average in an average side. I'd prefer to see how he goes on the back of good ball but I don't think he's a first grade centre. I think one day he'll be a great first grade half but not a centre and he's not quite first grade ready yet.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought his done pretty well so far, missed a rush up tackle, but for a young guy on debut.... pretty good I think. He's got some pace too.

Not as solid as Lafai, but neither was Lafai on his debut either.
Erm... didn't Lafai get the winner in a great all round performance on debut against the Bunnies?

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Erm... didn't Lafai get the winner in a great all round performance on debut against the Bunnies?
Yeah, Lafai was a gun on his debut. Scored a good try from memory. Ahecee, whatever you're smoking, its good strong stuff bud.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, Lafai was a gun on his debut. Scored a good try from memory. Ahecee, whatever you're smoking, its good strong stuff bud.
And.... He was the player he is today from day one? ...... my mistake, I thought he eased his way into the squad and built over time. He was a gun though, so must have never dropped out of the squad and never needed to build into FG, apparently.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Moses got a taste and he will be lapping up every moment of it. He knows what he needs to work on.

Better he gets a taste of firsts now than later.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lafai was brilliant from day one tbh. But yes, he has had some average games too. This season he's gone to another level but keeps getting interruptions.

Mbye did alright considering he's not a centre. Well I don't think he is but he must have some experience playing there if Des chose him? or are we that bereft of other backs? I also don't rate Mbye as good a prospect as Lafai. I saw enough of Mbye in 20s to come to that conclusion but I thought he showed glimpses of brilliance in our trials, and would be a regular first grader this season. Maybe not after doing nothing in NSW cup. Just like in 20s. He had glimpses of brilliance but wasn't a consistently effective player.

Still, he could make it. Josh Reynolds was never very impressive in the NYC and look at him now. Persistence and commitment can take one far....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lafai was brilliant in his first game which was at left centre where he was always most comfortable. He then went back to NYC and NSW Cup and played right centre. Each first grade game he played after that was right centre. The reason he took so long to be excellent again is because he was still getting a custom to a foreign position.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moses went well in his first game. Lots of involvement, ran hard but missed a few chances. Lafai has no worries in losing his spot. Moses will be better closer to the action.
I agree. Considering the huge gap in the speed and intensity of the Holden cup to first grade Moses did okay in his first grade debut.

He is not a shining light yet but that will come with experience, and experience is a learning curve thing, it can't be coached into a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.